Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes


This is a true man's meal.  Don't get me wrong I really actually loved it,  but if you want to please your man you must whip him up this meal.  It really does taste exactly like a Philly Cheesesteak.  The flavors were great together.  The cheese sauce was the creamiest, tastiest addition.  I wanted to eat spoonfuls of it.  It was pure decadence layered over the beef.  I would say this took 30 minutes start to finish to make, a totally easy week night dinner.   I will be making this again and again!

 
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
(Adapated from Taste of Home

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 softball-sized onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons steak sauce, such as A-1
1 cup beef stock
Salt and ground black pepper
4 dinner rolls
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup milk
1 cup provolone, shredded

In large skillet over medium-high heat add the oil and then brown the ground beef, about 5-6 minutes. Add the onion and green pepper and cook another 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables start to get tender. Stir in the steak sauce and beef stock, season with salt and pepper, bring up to a bubble and cook about 2 minutes.

Split open rolls and remove most of the soft insides, leaving a bed to hold the meat mixture. Toast the rolls and set aside.

While the meat is cooking, melt the butter in a medium-size pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the flour and cook about 1 minute. Whisk in milk, bring up to a bubble and let thicken, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in the cheese.

To serve, place a scoopful of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the rolls, then top with the cheese sauce and replace the top of the roll.

21 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

So much for me being on a diet. These look beyond amazing! Seriously. Can you come play chef for just one day at my house??

Jill said...

these look so yummy!! Of course they also look worth the extra 30 minutes I would need to spend at at the gym

Julia Ryan said...

two words I know my Matt will like: Sloppy Joe + Philly Cheese Steak. These look like they'd be a hit in any man's house!

Katharine @ SouthernBourbonMountains said...

Holy crap. Max would marry you over these. My ass would divorce you for adding to my calories.

Dina said...

My husband will love these! I have a really good sloppy joe recipe that seems a bit similar and we both love it, as well as a beef stroganoff I just pinned and tried and it's relish....of course, none of these are low-cal!!

Kyle said...

Will have to try this one for sure. My husband is from Philly and loves himself a Philly Cheese Steak. : )

17 Perth said...

I have no doubt that my husband will love these!! I think I just might make them tonight!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Yes!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Oh my goodness! Looks delish! I am sure my hubs would love this I dont know if my hips would though! :)

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

Thanks for your comments today on Sadie + Stella about my chandelier in the sunroom! uh...this cheese steak looks amazing...and love the name of your blog. You could be speaking about my life! haha. I'm now your latest follower! cheers. heather

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

They look so good! My husband would love these.

Andrea said...

so yummy! i jsut really love food LOL! Could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com

Ashley Turner said...

Looks delicious!

Unknown said...

oh my god! Soo going to try these!

Unknown said...

My husband hates sloppy Joes..what man hates sloppy joes?? lol I will defenitly have to try these! Thanks! Have a wonderful day!
Brooke
onprairiehill.blogspot.com

Kristina said...

This puts Manwich to shame! I hate using that canned stuff anyways!

Anonymous said...

These look SO good! Can't wait to try!

Pris said...

So I made these like a month or so ago and my came out runny... any insight to what gives? They were still delicious but the meat was runny so they were extra sloppy I guess!

Bethany said...

my husband wants to leave me and run away with you and your crock pot forever

Laura said...

yum yum yum!

Val said...

My mouth is watering....2 loves blended together. Cheesesteak and Sloppy Joes = a perfect marriage.