Monday, November 5, 2012

Tease + Randoms

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was spend caring for a sick baby.  I swear my little man has been sick for almost a month now.  Just when I think he is on the mend he gets sick again.  Poor guy only good thing was he wanted lots of cuddle time and that never gets old!

Friday I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek into Tease, Charleston's new Dry Bar.  Ladies, this place is awesome.  You must make an appointment and check it out STAT.  We are so lucky to be getting one of these here in Charleston.  I am already planning a girls night where we hit up this place and get our hair done while we sip some wine!


There are so many options for how to get your hair styled from straight and sleek,  to beachy waves.  And it all starts at $35,  a real steal in my opinion.  I decided to go for wavy hair because my hair is always straight and I can never get it to hold a curl.  Well my hairdresser worked her magic and check out my end result.  Perfect wavy curls that latest the rest of the day.  I actually thought it looked even better by the end of the day because the waves were looser.


For any locals,  Tease is located at 430 King Street and no appointment is necessary they take walk-ins but do recommend an appointment especially if you have several peeps coming with you!
Of course I had to invite my girl Caycee to join me.  What fun is it to get your hair done alone?   This is us post Dry Bar thrilled with our clean and purty hair!


Before Tease we had a fabulous brunch with two of our favorite girlfriends Eliza and Crystal.  We ate at Virginia's and it did not disappoint. Caycee and I split the fried green tomato BLT and it was delish! Check out the size of the mimosas!  Nothing is better for the soul than time with good girlfriends.


While we are still on the hair topic, I found a new shampoo and conditioner I love.  I am usually a cheapie girl when it comes to hair stuff.  I always just use drugstore brands like Pantene or Dove.   My mom gave me samples of this Peter Thomas Roth Shampoo and Conditioner and now I am obsessed.  I am thinking about splurging and treating myself to some nice hair products.  Has anyone ever used this before?  I felt like it made my hair really shiny and clean and not greasy at all.  Any other great shampoo/conditioners I should try?


This is totally random but if you aren't using EBATES you should.  It is so easy to sign up, takes like 1 minute and every time you shop you earn money and then Ebates will send you a check at the end of each month.  Easy as that, sign up Here, you can thank me later!  You basically get paid for shopping.  I promise this is worth doing especially with Christmas shopping starting you can earn some extra cash!


By Sunday my man felt a little better and we went on a short boat ride, thinking the fresh air might help him feel better since we had been cooped up all weekend.  Perfect weekend for a boat ride!



We ended our weekend with the most amazing Sunday Dinner.  Truffled Mac and Cheese and Lobster Tails.  Pure heaven I tell you and Sterling adored it.  He ate almost a whole lobster tail- love that my little man has good taste in food!  If you are lucky I may share this recipe Wednesday:)  Oh and for locals Lobster Tails are on sale at Harris Teeter right now for $3.97 a great deal, because trust me we don't normally eat Lobster:)


Happy Monday Dolls, I am off yo the doc with Sterling to get him some much needed medicine!
xoxo

29 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

as always, love your weekends! Your hair looks awesome curly and I agree that it looked better the longer it was done. So cute!

Pink and Fabulous said...

Your hair looks so great wavy (and straight!) Love me some dry bars! I hope Sterling feels better fast! xo ~ Lindsay

Sadie + Stella said...

Ok. Dry bar?!?!?! WTF!!!!?? I am so jealous. Richmond needs this ASAP. Your hair looks gorg. Love the after. Ebates is amazing isn't it? I have to admit, I have gotten lazy and have not bought through there in awhile so thanks for the reminder!

Jill said...

I went to a new dry bar on Thurs and loved it!!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Your hair turned out super cute! Glad you had a good rest of your weekend, too.

Ashley said...

SO jealous of Dry Bar! Why hasn't Miami caught onto this craze yet? With my thick & naturally wavy hair, I would be there on a weekly basis! And with the humidity here, it is a must! You look fab, as always & seem to always enjoy life. :-)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

OMG that lobster looks so good!!

Love all the pictures. Ya'll look great! :-)

Julie said...

Ebates is amazing! I love a check for shopping.

caycee said...

Well that was so fun!!!! Now going to check out the Ebates!

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

I've passed by Tease a couple of times! Will have to check it out once it opens.

Xo-L
simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I have always wanted to try out a dry bar! I just found my new favorite shampoo.. it's Carol's daughter Monoi replenishing shampoo.. you can get it at Sephora, not too insanely pricey, smells great, and made my long/semi damaged hair feel like silk.. crazy!

Dina said...

Organix line-you can get it at Ulta, HT, BBB, Target, etc. The Ulta in Mt. P has a great selection. It is cheap (and I have always used salon products bc the cheapies weigh my hair down). But this line is so cheap and I absolutely love it, every different color/type has worked awesome!

Cannon said...

We have a Dry Bar here in Atlanta and I am OBSESSED!!! I always get the Cosmo-Tai and usually the curl will last for 2 days (if you get a great stylist). I keep hearing about Ebates.I must check it out! BTW-finally tried the Mild Mushroom & Black Truffle Flatbread from Trader Joe's that you recommend and it was amazing!!!

Portuguese Prepster said...

Looks delish and glad to hear Sterling is feeling better!

Ashley said...

your hair looks awesome! i am so making up some occasion to try that place out.

Natalie said...

Your hair looks insane and I am dying for that recipe! Looks so delicious! Hope Sterling starts feeling better -- he's getting cuter by the day!

Glitterista said...

I went to drybar in New York for my bachelorette and adored it! Fingers crossed something similar opens up near me soon. ;)

Hope Sterling is on the mend soon.

viv said...

I hope the little man feels better soon!

Melissa W. said...

I felt so dumb the first time I saw "dry bar!" I had NO CLUE what it was going to be in Charleston. I am having a good day if my hair is WASHED, much less DRY :-). May have to make a stop there soon :-). I sure do love your "weekend happenings" posts! Xo

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I can't wait to try out Tease. I went to Dry Bar in NYC and didn't really love my hair. I'm too much of a perfectionist.... What in the world is EBates and how have I never heard of them? Going on to sign up NOW! Can't wait for your mac and cheese recipe. I could eat lobster every meal! Love those little guys from HT but a Maine lobster is the bomb digity! Hope Sterling gets better soon. I'm still coughing and have a runny nose. It's been 5 weeks. This is one nasty bug!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Poor little guy! I know, every time the weather starts changing, the littles get sick )c: But dang girl, you had me drooling all over my phone when I saw that Sunday dinner, delish!

Val said...

I'm in love with my local dry bar...I go there way more than I'd like to admit. Your hair looks amazing.

Unknown said...

I am so wishing we lived in Charleston! I would visit Dry Bar weekly to solve my issue of bad hair days.

Colleen Sullivan said...

beautiful hair! I've been testing out my own skills recently on how to do a similar style. Nothing beats a pro though!

Anna (Minted Photography) said...

First of all… your hair looks great! I can't wait to go to Tease soon when I'm home for a weekend. Also, that lobster + mac… OMG!

The wife said...

My husband was in Charleston on business last week and called me when he spotted Tease because he knew how excited I would be. Can't wait for my next visit into town and getting myself a blow out!

Courtney said...

Love PTR products!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love the curls, I've been using John Freida and love it!

Taylor said...

we finally got a dry bar and I cant wait to try it! your hair looks great curly! hope the little one is feeling better

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com