Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Peach Blueberry Skillet Cobbler


This is quite possibly the perfect Summer Dessert.  With peaches and blueberries in the prime of their season now is the time to make this beauty.  I keep forgetting I am out of all purpose flour so when I set out to make this I realized I only had whole wheat flour.  I was too lazy to drive to the store so I used whole wheat and you know what, it was delicious.  Now don't get me wrong I imagine this is even better with regular flour but if you want to be healthy don't be scared of the whole wheat flour it worked just fine.  This would be incredible paired with vanilla ice cream.  It would make a great dessert for July 4th too.  I love how rustic it looks in the skillet but if you don't have a skillet a baking dish will work fine.
Enjoy!


|| P E A C H   B L U E B E R R Y  C O B B L E R ||


- 4 ups sliced peaches
- 1 cup blueberries
1.5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
 - 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 boiling water


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Put the peaches and blueberries in a 10 inch cast iron skillet and toss with lemon juice.

In a medium bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup of sugar, the flour, baking powder, and salt.  Add the milk and melted butter and mix until ingredients are blended.  Pour the batter evenly over the peaches and blueberries.

In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the cornstarch.  Sprinkle the sugar mixture across the batter, then pour the boiling water evenly over the top of the batter.  Bake for 55-60 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.  Remove from oven and serve warm.



5 comments:

Emily {Luscious Life & Decor} said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Veronika said...

I want to try this recipe so badly! I don't cook but I do have a special place in my heart for baking...maybe one of these weekends I will do it :)

Julie said...

Looks so yummy! I am bookmarking this one. Quick question though... Is it really 12 cups of milk or 1/2 cup of milk?

Leslie said...

That looks delicious! I love cobbler!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

This looks straight out of a magazine!! I LOVE your recipes you post. This is on my summer must make!! Thanks!