Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Soba Noodle Salad with Creamy Peanut Butter Dressing


I love pretty much any sort of noodle or pasta salad.  I also love peanut butter sauce, so this recipe was a no brainer.  The sauce is freaking amazing.  It has so much flavor.  Sterling and I licked the bowl clean after we made it.  Speaking of kids helping to cook, this dish is totally kid friendly.   Both my kids devoured it.  I have recently come to really love soba noodles, they are fairly bland but have a slight almost nutty taste. I think they are the perfect noodle for this salad but you could use spaghetti or rice noodles as well.
The original recipe calls for snow peas but I used edamame.  You could really use any sort of veggies you want.  This was almost even better the next day, I ate it chilled right out of the fridge and it was so good.  Perfect for a Summer Picnic.  This our main meal but it would be awesome with some grilled chicken or shrimp.

Heads up | my favorite entertaining store, Open Door Shop, is running their Half Yearly Sale starting tomorrow but offering early access for you today!  You can take 15% off the site with code SUMMERTIME. 
I love the terrafirma line, the bowl I used for this salad is terrafirma.  I love all the fun patterns and they can go in your dishwasher!  They are my absolute favorite serving dishes and a great time to buy them at 15% off!  Open Door Shop carries so many other fun entertaining pieces as well.




|| S O B A   N O O D L E  S A L A D  W I T H   C R E A M Y  P E A N U T  
B U T T E R  S A U C E ||

1 ounces dried soba noodles
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
1 cup shelled edamame
1 cup grated carrots
4 sliced green onions
1 red bell pepper

cook the noodles according to the package instructions, drain and rinse.

While the noodles are cooking in a small saucepan over low heat, whisk the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger together until the peanut butter melts and the dressing is smooth.

In a large bowl combine the noodles and dressing, toss until evenly coated.  Add the edamame, carrots, red bell pepper and green onions.  Garnish with toasted sesame seeds if desired.  Serve at room temperature or chilled.



9 comments:

The CSI girls said...

This looks amazing. Will definitely be trying it out. I love peanut butter!

M xx

CSI Blog

Annie Reeves said...

I was hoping you would post this!!!! Peanut sauce is my favorite - always looking for new ways to use it. This sounds delicious!

Annie Reeves

Liz said...

hi friend! this looks delish! i recently found some 'the heat is on' spicy peanut butter made by the peanut butter company - that might be good in here to add some heat too! i'm going to try this soon! xoxo

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing! This looks absolutely amazing!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

YESSSSSS. you done done it again. thanks for sharing, will definitely be on my list this week.

Unknown said...

I'm excited to make this. Some of my favorite recipes are from you! You are an awesome cook- mexican, salads of all kinds- so good!

Heather said...

I will have to try this one-your salads are so good. Made the BLT one and it was awesome-even my 5 year old ate it!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I made this today after seeing it on your instagram feed! I just made up my own peanu sauce. I made the most gigantic bowl of it! I plan on eating it for days. LOVE it. You always have the best recipes!

Anna said...

yumm such a perfect summer meal!!

https://aspoonfulofnature.wordpress.com/