Monday, June 8, 2015

Scenes From Our Weekend

Dear Monday, you always sneak up way too fast.
Thank you for all the great book recommendations.  I just downloaded several of them and can't wait to start reading them.  I love a good book.

We kicked off the weekend with Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, since Friday was national doughnut day.
Frances went to town with hers.

Followed by a some time at the park, to burn off the sugar high.


We met the nicest police officer who let Sterling get in his car and work his lights and sirens.
It made his day, he was so excited.

Chilling with Sterling.

Friday night we headed out for date night.  
Trying to talk Matt into a picture- as you may notice he does not like to be photographed.

Ended up with this cheeseball smile.


We tried out Screen Door, a new restaurant on James Island.  The food was really good as was our server.  The delivery of the food was a bit slow and oddly spaced we got our meals before our appetizers, but they were so apologetic and comped our apps.  They apparently have two kitchens and are working on syncing them up.  As far as food we had the egg pizza, the pork pizza, cheeseburger, hanger steak, ricotta app and wings.  Everything was delicious.  I will 100% be back, plus the atmosphere was cool.
Below is the egg pizza which i ordered for my meal, I devoured the entire thing.  Don't be scared off by the anchovies on it, they give it great flavor.

Saturday morning I got up bright and early to run.  I have almost reached my goal of 4 miles I made it 3.8 miles.

Threw on my favorite tee again.  The pink is my new jam.

Enjoyed the best Shrimp po boy from The Glass Onion for lunch.

One of my oldest and dearest friends stopped through town and we were able to catch up.  Nothing better than picking right up with old friends. Lauren and I lived together in college and I miss her so much now that she is in California.  We don't get to see each other often so it is extra special when we do.



Sunday was low key.  We went to a family breakfast at Bagel Nation and grocery shopping.  Then we hit up the pool!
I had several request about my swim suit.  I bought this 4 years ago after I had Sterling and I still love it!  The fit is great, and I always love rouching for disguising belly flab.
 Frances loves the water, actually is scary because she has no fear and will just walk right in.  
Looking adorable in her flamingo suit- I found this at the Gap Outlet.

Today the Gigi New York Friends and Family Sale starts! Use code Friends15 to get 15% off the site!

I own several Gigi Purses and love them all.  Fantastic quality and love their color selection too. A few of my favorites.


Happy.Monday.  Hope you all have a great start to your week.




10 comments:

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love hoe that pink tee looks on you! And you're rocking that one-piece, gorgeous color on you!

Stephanie said...

Pink is a great color on you! Happy Monday!

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

I was able to catch up with an old friend tis weekend too. It's the best! I love your date night dress. Egg pizza? Interesting!

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

Can they make Frances' clothes in my size? I'd wear the heck out of that dolphin romper and flamingo suit! :)

Unknown said...

Love reading your blog! I especially love seeing Frances Moon with that belly of hers :) One of my favorite parts of reading your blog is all the food inspo and recipes. I've made several of the recipes you've mentioned and have been super pleased! I just moved to Charlotte (I know it's one of your favorite cities) and was wondering if you have any restaurant recommendations! I would love to hear what you think :)

Have a great Monday!

www.postgradinprogress.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

Love your suit and Frances's is so cute too! It looks like you all had a wonderful weekend!

Taylor said...

Haha my husband is the exact same way, and when he finally takes the picture he makes a fake smile and it's like "what was the point of that!?" looks like a great weekend - love your tee and jorts!

www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

All your bags are awesome. I like such kind of designer bags. One thing I want to say you that the picture of kids is very good. They are looking very cute and loving. I like their smile.

Christina said...

aw i love sterling in the cop car!

Jennifer said...

Frances' chub is so adorable. I bet you just want to eat her up all day!