When we were in NYC a few months ago we had lunch at Fred's at Barney's. I had their chopped salad and loved it. This is a spin on it! The one I had there didn't have blue cheese or bacon but I had some on hand so I added it in. Let's be real bacon and cheese are never a bad idea, EVER.
I used green goddess dressing for mine- local friends Dellz's has the best goddess dressing and they sell it by the bottle now. I always buy it when I pick up lunch. It's so good I could drink it. This would also be great served with a balsamic dressing as well.
|| U L T I M A T E C H O P P E D S A L A D ||
- 1 head romaine shredded thinly
- 1 avocado chopped and drizzled with lemon juice and salt
- 1 pear diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- haricot verts (french green beans), chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 6 pieces cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- green goddess or balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the green beans in and boil for 3 minutes. Remove and place in an ice bath. Drain and then chop into 1 inch pieces.
Cook bacon and crumble.
Assemble lettuce, tomatoes, pears, avocados, beans, bacon, cheese, red onion and chicken in a large bowl. Toss all together before serving and drizzle with dressing.
I have decided on Wednesday's with my recipes I am going to share my favorite dressing room finds from that week, This week it was this adorable chambray romper. Super soft and such a cute fit. It runs TTS I am wearing a size 4. It is currently 30% off with no code needed.