Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Ultimate Chopped Salad + Chambray Romper


When we were in NYC a few months ago we had lunch at Fred's at Barney's.   I had their chopped salad and loved it.  This is a spin on it!  The one I had there didn't have blue cheese or bacon but I had some on hand so I added it in.  Let's be real bacon and cheese are never a bad idea, EVER.  
I used green goddess dressing for mine- local friends Dellz's has the best goddess dressing and they sell it by the bottle now.  I always buy it when I pick up lunch.  It's so good I could drink it.  This would also be great served with a balsamic dressing as well. 
Enjoy!

|| U L T I M A T E   C H O P P E D   S A L A D ||

- 1 head romaine shredded thinly
- 1 avocado chopped and drizzled with lemon juice and salt
- 1 pear diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- haricot verts (french green beans), chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 6 pieces cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- green goddess or balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Bring a large pot of water to a boil.  Place the green beans in and boil for 3 minutes.  Remove and place in an ice bath.  Drain and then chop into 1 inch pieces.

Cook bacon and crumble.

Assemble lettuce, tomatoes, pears, avocados, beans, bacon, cheese, red onion and chicken in a large bowl.  Toss all together before serving and drizzle with dressing.  


.................................................................
I have decided on Wednesday's with my recipes I am going to share my favorite dressing room finds from that week,  This week it was this adorable chambray romper.  Super soft and such a cute fit.  It runs TTS I am wearing a size 4.  It is currently 30% off with no code needed.




5 comments:

A Dash of Pretty said...

LOVE that romper! I was eyeing it online, so I am happy to see it fits so well in person!

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

Yum that salad sounds delicious! I need to make it. Love that romper on you.

Christina said...

oh boy oh boy, i am all over that salad

JMO said...

yes to that salad and YES to that romper! xo

Sara said...

Salad looks great! Do you have a favorite green goddess recipe you like to use with it?