Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Obsessions

It's Tuesday and my sweet baby is still sick. A viral infection they say, so here's to hoping he is a better tomorrow, because Mama hates seeing her little man sick. Since I have had little to no time for myself or to visit your blogs because I have been tending to my little one, this list will be short and sweet.

BEACH HOUSE WINE
I met the wine rep for this wine at Harris Teeter last week. Of course he talked me into buying one of the wines he sales, but he was right, this wine is great. I was very impressed, it is a blend of sauvignon blanc and semillion. It is light, not sweet and crisp. It is my new favorite wine. You should totally buy some.




SUPER NATURAL EVERYDAY COOKBOOK

I am sure alot of you are familiar with Heidi Swanson, the author of the fantastic blog 101 Cookbooks. I recently got her cookbook and it is great. I have just been reading it (I know I am a nerd that reads cookbooks before I use them)and have not actually made any recipes but they all look amazing and so healthy. Heidi gives great tips for cooking with grains, substituting flours etc to make your meals healthier. A few things I can't wait to make Kale Salad, Quinoa Patties, and Cauliflower Soup. I will warn you she is a vegetarian so there are no meat recipes in this book, but there are tons of other delicious options.





GREEN JUICE
Saturday before the farmers market my friend Alissa made us some green juice. A blend of kale, spinach, cucumbers, apples, parsley, ginger, and lemons and now I am hooked. The juice was so tasty and maybe it was in my head but I swear I had more energy that day. I know my girl Gwennie loves her green juice which makes me love it even more. Now I just need a juicer to make my own!





MISSONI BALLET FLATS + CROCHET KNIT SHIRT
I admit it I am kind of ready for fall already. I mean who isn't with these sweltering temps. I am a huge Missoni fan and these are two pieces I would like for my fall wardrobe. I think the flats would look fab with skinny jeans and a loose white blouse or fitted black shirt. I think the shirt would go with everything from shorts to wide leg jeans! I heart Missoni patterns and colors. These are two pieces I am sure I would wear often!




Shoes via shopbop, shirt via netaporter

29 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I have those flats, they are my absolute favorite!! And I definitely need that cookbook. Wish I could down that juice, but it scares me!

Unknown said...

ahh those flats are fabulous :) great color! xo

Sara said...

I'm definitely going to have to get that cookbook. And those flats are on sale on endless.com.

Julie and Lauren said...

Green juice is hard for me to take down but really is super healthy and energizing!
XO

Anonymous said...

Hope your little guy is feeling better soon!! That wine looks fabulous - maybe it has something to do with the beach house in the background??? ha ha I'm visiting my parents and my mom makes that green drink every day. She swears by it and says it will give you tons more energry. I need to get a juicer too!

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I'm so ready for fall too. I want to wear boots and jeans!

Hope the little one starts to feel better soon :)

lizziefitz said...

I hope Sterling feels better soon! We had a wave of germs run through our house in June , NOT fun. Keep us updated if you find a good juicer, please.

Unknown said...

Tell your baby to get well soon! Poor thing. LOVING those flats!

California Wife said...

So sorry that poor Sterling is still sick!

I must try that wine, and those flats would be absolutely perfect for fall. Even though I'm definitely not ready for school to start, I'm kind of longing for fall myself!

Christina said...

you are not the only one that reads cookbooks, trust me.

Balancing Lisa said...

I NEED THOSE FLATS! ;) Hope your guy feels better soon! I'm checking that cook book out too! ;)

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Karena said...

Oh I adore those flats, the wine sounds wonderful as well! :)

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Exciting New $150 Giveaway from Dr Perricone! Come and Enter!

natasha {schue love} said...

Love the Missoni flats!! And definitely want to test out that cookbook!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Hope your little peanut is better soon!!! I love your obsessions. They are always so good.

Julia Ryan said...

need to try that wine, what a fun name!

Laura said...

i'm sorry your little man is still sick. that's no fun! i'm no vegetarian but vegi meals are so good, esp in the summer, they taste so refreshing full of veggies and with healthy grains. and you are ready for fall, already?

Unknown said...

I want that wine to just sit on my kitchen counter! love. And those flats are darling.

Lara {simply irresistible} said...

Those flats are awesome. I'm also always looking for new cookbooks and that one sounds great!

megan said...

http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/article/next-up-from-target-come-september-a-collaboration-with-missoni/

Get.Pumped.

Michaela said...

Those flats are awesome. Want them!! I love the pattern (: Hope Sterling feels better!!

Kyle said...

Hope your son is feeling better! Hang in there!! The green juice looks tasty. Would be good after a workout.

Anne said...

Love the flats! Have you heard about the line Missoni is doing for Target?! Debuts in September and there are over 400 pieces in the entire collection - everything from woman's wear to sheets. Saw a sneak peek of the ad shoot on this blog: http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/2011/06/01/missoni-for-target-sneak-peek/
xo

Taylor said...

In love with those flats!! That cookbook sounds great - I am not a vegetarian at all, but I love meat free dishes every once in-a-while!!

Becca {A Blonde's Logic} said...

Those flats are sooo cute! And I really need a juicer too so I can make some green juice!

Becca
http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

Val said...

I'm obsessed with that cookbook and I want those fab flats!

Nat{natyouraveragegirl} said...

oh man those flats are to die for! oh and I just read the newspaper article on why mommies have no time...now i'm even more nervous about having kids!

lnw said...

I just had beach house wine at the beach last week, totally love it. Also, I'm dying for those flats.

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Here's hoping for a fast recovery for sterling! And I adore those flats!

Virginia Belle said...

Those flats are perfect for Fall! I hope your sweet boy feels better soon.