Thursday, July 28, 2011

Statement Pieces

Lately I have really been wanting to get some original artwork in my house. Top on my list is a painting by my dear friend Katie Stevenson- her artwork is stunning. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know how much I love her work. She is so talented and I think the painting would have even more meaning since a good friend painted it. These are two of my favorite paintings she has done.



You can view all her artwork HERE


I am also a huge fan of Sally King Benedict, another local artist here in Charleston. Her work is gorgeous as well.




Check out her full gallery HERE


These are a few beautiful pieces I have seen floating around the blogersphere that I am really digging as well. Can you tell I love modern art and the bigger the better!








Happy Thursday! I am off to meet two of my favorite bloggers for a coffee date! xoxo

16 comments:

Pinot after Playdates said...

love all of it! the piece over the mantle is my favorite!! check out kendall boggs too, great stuff. wish i was on the way to meet u for starbucks!!! thanks for getting back to me about the tea...beach with friends this weekend...thinking I may need it Monday :)

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Ohhh you should definitely get a piece from your friend, her work is gorgeous. I am with you, I love huge modern art. Especially in a space with a little more traditional feel. Gorgeous pieces!

Mandy said...

I love all of them! Its amazing how beautiful the art ties into the room and brings so much more life to it! Great choices.

Unknown said...

These are so gorgeous. You should look on Etsy for statement pieces as well, great talent out there!

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I've never loved modern art but recently I've been so drawn to it. I love all the colors. There is just something about original art that just really elevates a space.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I like the last one. Some abstract art annoys me. It looks like something I could paint even though I know I couldn't!!!

Jenny Castle Design said...

Your friend Katie is SO talented! Love her work!!

natasha {schue love} said...

OMG, looooove these paintings! They look awesome in the rooms! :)

Laura said...

those are cool- i love all the fun bright colors and random patters/shapes in modern art. how fun to load up on a few pieces!!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Jealous of the coffee date, you will have to let us know how it goes! And I'm completely enamored with overscale artwork...definitely on board with "bigger is BETTER"!!!

Becca {A Blonde's Logic} said...

You should definitely get one!! Those paintings sure do make a statement!

Becca
http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

Kyle said...

Love the black and white painting. I think Sally King Benedict's work is amazing!! Your friend has lots of talent, too.

Day Old News said...

Oooh, I LOVE art like this! I have one modern piece over my fireplace but need a few more pieces.

Unknown said...

Totally agree, these pieces would totally brighten up a room. I love the way they look in these images. So gorgeous!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I LOVE the colors in the Benedict pieces! I'm totally with you on having artwork by your friend, as well! One of my cousins is an incredible artist and I would love to have something by her for my future home!

Bud and Leo said...

Love every last bit of these statement pieces! I would kill for some original art in our house!