Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Obsessions

Thanks to my friend Sam I am obsessed with these wine glasses. They are stemless, shatterproof, recycled wine glasses. They are made out of a soft almost flexible material. They are perfect for picnics, boat rides or just afternoon wine drinking and they are cheap. They would be great for parties too where you don't want your nice glasses broken. I highly recommend. 


Ever since spying this dress on Pinterest I have been obsessed with it.  The colors and the floral pattern are right on.  Such a fab shift dress.




I read rave reviews about this cookbook in several of my fashion magazines and then I saw it featured again on Camille Styles and I knew I had to have it.  The cookbook is created by Diane Von Furstenberg's personal chef, Jane Coxwell and let me tell you it is filled with some wonderful recipes. I think I earmarked almost every other page.  Plus it has beautiful pictures.


I am pretty certain this maxi needs to be mine. I stalked it on Shopbop but it sold out fast,  now it is back online at Madewell.  Love the pattern and looks like such a great fit! 


The older I have gotten the more I realize I just need a few fabulous clutches for evenings out.   I find I tend to carry my neutral ones more often.  I am saving right now to buy this one next, I have had my eye on it forever.  I feel like it would go with everything!
I have said it before but Splendid has become by go-to brand this summer.  The pieces are so soft and comfortable and easy to wear.  This dress could be worn in so many ways but I picture it for day wear with some cool gladiator sandals or TKEES.

Lately I have gotten the itch for a new watch.  I only wear gold jewelry so I want a gold face.  I came across this watch and it was love at first site.  Large gold face and skinny band = perfection!
I am back into statement necklaces for the summer.  This one is finally back in stock at Baublebar, such great colors and price!  I love Baublebar because they make such well made affordable pieces.


24 comments:

Natalie said...

That cookbook looks perfect! Love that Asos shift, it's gorgeous. Great picks as always!

Julia Ryan said...

good picks! I've noticed with kids around I prefer stemless wine glasses too. Less likely to break! I've been obsessed with that clutch for awhile now!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

The cookbook looks great, and anything from CV sure is a good investment (love that print!) ;)

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting a "summertime" cookbook, I will have to add this one to my birthday wish list.
I LOVE that watch. No matter how much I try, the arm party just is not for me. All that bulk drives me crazy. A large face without the heavy band is a perfect compromise. Watches are my new bracelet. I have started wanting a different one for every mood. Just another thing I want to buy! The spending never ends...
PS | Summer

megan said...

Obsessed with that MK watch! And yes, I do think you need that clutch. :)

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Those glasses are brilliant.

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

The glasses are great! And I love the ASOS dress. So pretty for summer time!! Good picks.


xo

www.simplylowcountry.com

pretty little things said...

I have a thing for cookbooks so I'm definitely going to check this one out! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Nicole {Appalachian Charm} said...

I have been into stemless wine glasses too. If you want to get that Bauble Bar necklace a little cheaper here is a look alike!

http://www.lmaeboutique.com/yellow-and-coral-statement-necklace.html?custom_ref=KZZ84P

Val said...

I was just obsessing about clutches this weekend and I agree with you about the older we get...It's good to simplify. I need to invest in some fun great clutches.

Ashley said...

and ordering that cookbook asap!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Get that MK watch! I bought one 5 years ago and it doesn't have a scratch on it. It's indestructible!!

(Watch. Now it will crack.) Pun not intended!

OK I need to stop now.

Love your obsessions. :-) I need more clutches too.

Ashley said...

YOu always post the cutest maxi dresses! I don't how you find them!

scarlettmoonblog.blogspot.com/

Taylor said...

love that splendid dress and the bauble bar necklace!

www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

That cookbook sounds great, and those wine glasses seem amazing!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I received monogrammed GoVino glasses as a graduation gift and love them! I have since gotten them as gifts for other people too!

Nat said...

I have those Govino glasses I love them! Perfect for outdoor wine drinking! I love splendid dresses I have one from like 8 yrs ago that I still wear all the time- I might need to pick that one up for post baby.

Happily Ever Parker said...

Love the clutch it would work well with anything!

Sadie + Stella said...

That floral shift dress is gorg!!

Jordan - Queen of LA! said...

i own that clare vivier bag in leopard, i love it. you're right, it goes with everything!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Ohhh that cookbook looks fabulous!!! And I adore the floral print on that Asos shift...

Nicole Michelle Centers said...

oh I am addicted to stemless glasses too!

I love the necklace :)

Great blog!

Nicole
www.eleganceandclutter.blogspot.com

emily said...

that botanical dress and leopard clutch are to die for! and paired together would be fabulous!

Portuguese Prepster said...

Love that watch..it would be great for Summer!