Monday, June 30, 2014

Art + Wine + Beauty Favs

Good Monday morning.  Today is a lot of randomness but I want to share it all. Hope you all had a fab weekend!

First off lets talk art.  One of my best friends here in Charleston, Amanda,  just started an Etsy shop selling her paintings and they are just gorgeous.  We have been telling her for years to do this because she is so talented and I am so glad she finally did.  I just had my own piece framed and I just adore it.  She paints a lot Lowcountry landscape scenes and also does some children's art as well.


Her prices are really awesome right now since she is just starting out so buy before they go up!  You can view her Etsy shop HERE.  A few other favorites, but they all are really stunning even more so in person.  A great gift idea too, I actually got ours for Matt for Father's Day but then we loved it so much we decided we wanted to hang it in our dining room!






................................................................................

Next up wine.  These are 3 wines that are in heavy rotation around here. They are all delicious and all under $15.  I have really been into Roses and Sauvignon Blancs this summer.  They are so light and refreshing.  I hate sweet wine so none of these are sweet, they are crisp.  I bought all three of these at our local wine/ABC Store (on Harborview for those locals) but they may be carried at Total wine too I am just not sure.

 Sierra Cantabria Rose | Honig Sauvignon Blanc | Mittlebach Rose


......................................................................................

Lastly make-up.  These are a few new products I am loving!


REDKEN BLONDE IDOL BBB SPRAY \\ My hairdresser recommended this spray for my hair.  My hair gets really tangled after I shower.  This spray makes it so easy to brush my hair while wet and it makes my hair so soft.  Plus it smells amazing.

BEAUTYCOUNTER EVERYDAY FACE LOTION \\ I am sure most of you have heard of beauty counter products by now, it is the new wave in good for you beauty products.  The company mission is so amazing not to use any chemicals or weird products.  I swear by all the products I have from Beauty Counter.  I love this face moisturizer.  I use it in the morning before I put on my make-up and it feels like silk.  So refreshing on my skin.  I also love the rose water spray, body lotion, and face oil.  The kids products are also legit.  You can shop the whole line here, really good stuff.

LAROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR FACE WASH // For some time now my mom and sister have told me to try this line that is carried at Walgreens.  I finally bought the face wash and love it.  The line is created in France and I have heard nothing but rave things about it.  I love a face wash that really foams up and gets all my make-up off and this one does just that.  It comes highly recommended by most dermatologists.

IT COSMETICS COLOR CORRECTING COVERAGE CREAM\\  I used to swear by Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer but I now I love this line so much more.  This is basically a tinted moisturizer but it feels so much lighter and goes on more seamlessly than the Laura Mercier one.  It has SPF 50 which is awesome.

IT COSMETICS BYE BYE UNDEREYES \\ I am a loyal fan of the Clu De Peau concealer but this one rocked my world.  I still use both sometimes together.  This one is created by a plastic surgeon and I swear it makes me look less tired and hides my under eye circles better than any concealer and a little goes a long way.  It is waterproof, yet moisturizing and stays in place pretty much all day.  Contains high concentrations of Vitamins K, A, C, E and Collagen, which help reduce under eye puffiness and discoloration while strengthening the delicate skin  under your eye area.  You can't beat the price for only $30, this stuff works miracles.  I use the medium color.

LAURA MERCIER RED RASPBERRY LIPSTICK \\ I have found this is my new go-to shade this Summer.  It is such a great pink/red combo.

M61 JET GLOW SERUM \\ This is the first serum I have used and I have to say I love it.  It has really made my skin feel hydrated and smooth.  I use this after I wash my face and before I put on lotion at night for an extra layer.  This is carried at Blue Mercury here in Charleston.

3D FIBER LASH \\ If you want your lashes to look super long please buy this mascara it is freaking amazing.  After my quest to find the perfect mascara one of my readers sent me this mascara and it blow my socks off.  You apply it on top of a coat of your regular mascara and it is fibers that attach to to your lashes and it makes them look super thick and long.  I know it sounds a little weird but it really isn't.  It is so easy to use and just washes right off with your face wash.  I could tell a major difference with the length and thickness of my lashes.  I don't use this everyday but I do use whenever I have an event, dinner plans, etc. 

...............................................................

Today is the last day to get 25% off any Gigi New York Teddie Tote.  I just love mine. 
Use code DBDD25
Plus they just started their Summer Sale, shop it HERE.

 
 




13 comments:

Natalie said...

Gorgeous art! It'd go with anything! Also love reading about your beauty favorites, I really want to try that coverage cream!

Jordin- I Love That! said...

Thanks for the mascara review!! So glad you liked it!!

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

I use and love the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, so I've got to try this cc cream!

Unknown said...

I've been meaning to try that mascara so thanks for the reminder!! That art is so pretty too, I wish I could paint!!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

I LOVE La Roche Posay. Their products have made the biggest difference in my skin, seriously.

Alexa said...

Love all of the pretty art! And thanks for the beauty tips. I've been on the hunt for new products! :)

Meredith said...

Try Whispering Angel Rose (French sold at Total Wine). Sounds like we have similar taste (love the Honig SB) and this is my fave so far.

Amanda said...

Natalie. So glad you enjoyed your painting. Thank you for the great post and thanks to all for checking out my Etsy shop. I hope to add new works often and am happy to do custom orders as well. Thanks again!
Amanda Parrott

Meredith said...

Hey! I just love your blog and follow your IG! I am a presenter for Younique 3d fiber lash mascara!! Isn't it AMAZING? I tried it, fell in love and started selling! This stay at home Momma feels like I am back in the working world a bit and has given me so much confidence!! And it's fun!! Let me know if you ever need any mascara!

http://www.youniquebymeredithd.com

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Love all your makeup recommendations, I think I need to try that cleanser! I am currently using one from Dermologica that's just OK, so I'm looking for a new one when it runs out!

Kathleen {Life With Red} said...

I just did a post on my makeup routine and how I am literally out of almost everything! I want to try the IT CC cream!!


Unknown said...

I love your children art area. The designs are so vibrant and the view is so happy and cheerful.
lovely-children-bedrooms

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Marsh scenes are my favorite! I especially love the last one you posted--the bold colors give it a modern spin!