Monday, June 9, 2014

Scenes From Our Beach Vacation

I hope everyone had a fun weekend.  We got back from our vacation so it was back to reality for us!  I finally had time to download our beach vacation pictures.  Get ready for picture overload- this may be boring but I like to document our life on here:)

We went to Figure Eight for the week and it is such a pretty place.  So quiet and serene.  This was the view off our balcony.  Our house was on the sound and across the street from the beach.  This actually worked out perfect for the kids because they could play in this shallow water out back!  We sat out here most night for happy hour.


We ate some really incredible meals. 
Mahi Tacos at the Yacht Club | Lunch at Brasserie de Soliel | My dad's famous fried shrimp and homemade hush puppies.  


You may be thinking that is a lot of shrimp and it really is 6 lbs!!  The guys have a contest every year to see who can eat the most shrimp.  Every single piece got eaten!  My brother in law won this year.  Matt usually wins so he is now planning tactics for next year!


We spent plenty of time outdoors.

Several people on instagram asked about this cover-up.  The pattern I am wearing is old but it comes in 6 different patterns in this same style. I love mine!!  I am wearing a medium and it fits fine but the shoulder area is a bit loose.  All smalls were sold out when I ordered mine and I really wanted it.  I would say overall it runs true to size.

 I actually really love this gray one.



 Frances Moon is wearing my favorite beach hat- I am kind of obsessed with Flamingos.  It is on sale now too. My nephew has the shark one and it is equally as cute.  We also have the matching towel.


I also got several requests about my black bathing suit here.  It is old, but a great black one piece.  A great black suit is always worth investing in.  This one is basically the exact same one and it now comes in a bunch of different colors.


We did some shopping and thank you for all the recommendations.  We loved Ivy Cottage Consignment.  I found these awesome vintage glasses we put to good use.

We also hit up Lumnia Station, I loved Monkees there.  Port City Java had the most delicious apricot tea, try it if you go there!

We played Cards Against Humanity almost every night.  Best game ever- except having to explain what some of the cards meant to my dad:)  Although we have never laughed so hard.

 Captured some adorable moments between Sterling and Frances Moon.




 And one of all the cousins.  Can't wait to meet our next cousin in August.  It definitely makes beach vacation crazy with so many kids but also so fun.  Love watching them grow up together.


  Big thank you to my parents for making this vacation happen every year!

 A few of our family.  Matt and Sterling both have a hard time smiling for the camera although Matt does it on purpose and it drives me crazy which of course is why he does it.



Came home to the cutest tank top ever that arrived in the mail.  I love the embroidered detail!! It is such a great tank and looks awesome with white jeans too.

Happy Monday.



13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that maxi cover up and that embroidered tAnk! So glad y'all had a blast on vacation!!

Anonymous said...

Your vacation looks amazing! I've been eyeing your photos on Instagram- so beautiful!! I've never been to Figure Eight, but I've heard awesome things about it.

Xo,L
simplylowcountry.com

Katie said...

Looks like a fun vacation and that food all looks amazing!! Love your wavy hair look in that last photo :)

Unknown said...

What a fun week...I'm so jealous of your tan and the fact that you were at the beach all week! I'm dying for some sun + sand in my life!!

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

So glad you had a good vacay! Figure 8 is one of my favorites. And thanks for the Monkee's shout out. (I'm the social media manager for Monkees.) The girls that work there all know you by your blog and said you were the sweetest! XOXO

Nat said...

Sounds like such a nice vacation! All that food looks so good.

natasha {schue love} said...

Looks like such a fun weekend! Love that your parents host it every year...what a great family tradition!!

natasha {schue love} said...

Looks like such a fun weekend! Love that your parents host it every year...what a great family tradition!!

natasha {schue love} said...

Looks like such a fun weekend! Love that your parents host it every year...what a great family tradition!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fabulous vacation! What a beautiful family!

204 Park said...

Sounds like you had such a fab time! Love love that maxi dress too! XO, D

Jillian said...

looks like such a fun time! loving your maxi dress :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Paige Wilson said...

love the madewell embroidered top! what size do you have on?