Friday, June 27, 2014

Den Update: Piper Collection Pillows and Whats Next

Our den is the one room in our house that is almost where I want it to be.  The things I have left to do are recover my wing back chairs, find a matching cane back chair, and possibly curtains.  New pillows for our couch was on my list but I just crossed that off last week, thanks to Piper Collection.  If  you have not heard of Piper Collection you are missing out.  A local Charlotte friend and University of Alabama grad started the company with her interior designer mom and the pillows are just gorgeous.
Featuring bold color combinations and graphic textures, Piper strives to bring a youthful sophistication to contemporary home décor.  I loved all the pillows and had a hard time choosing!
 Of course I had to go with leopard for our den.  I love an animal print.  The fabric is so gorgeous and soft, it was exactly what I wanted for our den!




They also come in this gorgeous purple color.


A few other favorites from Piper Collection:







You can shop the pillows online at Domino, Cozy Stylish Chic, and Remodo
In Charlotte they are carried at Traditions, Circa, Isabella, and A Hoke.  In Charleston they have a few at A Domaine.
If you want more info or have questions about ordering you can email whitney@piper-collection.com and follow along on instgram, she is always posting fun new pillows. #pipercollection


Next on my den to do list is find a matching cane back chair- anyone in Charleston have one the want to sell me?

I Recently had these two ottomans made so I want the additional cane back to flank the other side of the coffee table to offer more seating.


and the main project that I promised myself would happen in 2014 recovering these chairs.  I have two of them from my parents that I love.  I enlisted my friend Krystine to help me find fabric because I can't make a decision!!



I envision something like this, but I can't afford the gorgeous Les Touches fabric.  I like a mix between traditional and modern, so I am thinking a more modern fabric for the chairs.  Any suggestions designer friends?


So, the search continues.  Any great fabric shops in Charleston or Charlotte I should check out?  Don't forget to check out Piper Collection!
Happy Friday!





20 comments:

Kyle said...

Natalie- since the chairs have such traditional lines, you can definitely do a more modern fabric. I love anything by Quadrille. One of my favorites is Fez. The Fez Background in black on tan would look really cool. We used it in our home on a vintage wire bench.

Emily {Luscious Life & Decor} said...

Those leopard chairs are amazing. I'm a big leopard fan, too. Love the pillows you picked. I would definitely add some color in the fabric you choose since you have a beige couch and neutral color palette. Can't wait to see what you pick!

Anonymous said...

2 little kids...$250 AND UP for one pillow...which readers are you trying to connect too?!? C'mon, N....this doesn't even make sense.

Katharine @ SouthernBourbonMountains said...

Quadrille fabrics are my favorite too. But $$$$$. Before you go that route you MUST hit up Mary Jo's in Gastonia. That place is insane. just call it Susie Peters or something else b/c you have so many readers and its our little secret okay? hahaha, just kidding. but seriously, At least browse through there first. Then play on spoonflower. And then I'm sure you will still want one of Quadrille's China Seas fabrics. They are REDONK!

Anderson said...

The fabric on those chairs isn't Les Touches I dont think. It's actually a cheaper imitation fabric from Spoonflower for about $12 per yard. Hope that helps!

Kendal said...

Anderson read my mind - you can get a very good knockoff for the Les Touches at Spoonflower (charcoal dots by domesticate). The fabric is almost identical and anywhere between $17.50 and $32/yard depending on the type of fabric that you want (linen v. cotton v. silk, ect.)

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

Thanks girl for the shout out! I agree with Katherine & Anderson- we definitely can find a similar version that's less expensive- actually texting you shortly I have my eye on some!

All Things Big and Small said...

Check out Spoonflower (like everyone else just said) I did a post on it with a link to the lookalike much less expensive version (link below.) Les touches wingbacks are my dream chair! The den looks great!

http://www.allthingsbigandsmallblog.com/2014/04/fabrics-look-for-less.html

Unknown said...

I love the leopard pillows...I still think you should go with the Les Touches look a like that Domesticate has on Spoonflower :)

Emma (Glitter and Gold) said...

Natalie - if you love that fabric as much as I do you have to check out this version designed by Domesticate on Spoonflower . . .I actually just bought a pair of cane club chairs like yours yesterday (see my IG "poppymum") and was thinking of using this fabric and painting chairs glossy black! its $12/yd or more depending on the fabric type you choose!!!

http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/489573

Deanna said...

The room is looking great! You might want to rethink the 2nd cane chair, though. There are already several pairs in the room - wingback chair, ottomans, sofa pillows - that you risk the Noah' Ark effect where it looks like everything is 2x2. Thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

I used to work at Isabella and she is the sweetest! Her pillows are to die for. You made the right choice!

Sadie + Stella said...

Pretty smitten with your den. Not going to lie. I cannot seem to quit that dalmatian print either!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pink and Fabulous said...

I love the leopard and all of the patterns you have used in the room. Have you check Spoonflower?

Sarah Andrews said...

Come by Traditions next time you're in Charlotte...we have tons of gorgeous fabrics you can browse and order. Love those pillows!

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

Whitney is my dear friend + I have 4 of her awesome pillows too! Absolutely LOVE seeing Piper Collection grow!!! Xxxx.

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

I truly love those leopard chairs! I also love your daughter's name - I am also a Frances!

Lauren Led said...

I have four of the piper collection pillows- Love them!

Haley Marozas said...

Check out GDC in Mt Pleasant!

Leah said...

So happy to have found your blog and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

xo