Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Favorite Healthy Meals of 2014

After a glutinous week last week, this week I decided I need to eat clean and avoid the usual suspects like alcohol, white carbs and sugar at least til New Years Eve.    I picked up this Suja Master Cleanse juice and just love it.  I know you can make your own but this is so convenient!  I highly recommend it.


I thought I would round up a few of my favorite healthy recipes from this past year, if you are inspired like me to try and eat healthy after the holidays.   If you have any favorite healthy meals or cookbooks I would love to know!

||  A V O C A D O  T O A S T ||
This may have been my favorite discovery this year. Totally obsessed with this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I like mine mashed with a little lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Then topped with fresh cherry tomatoes, green onions and red pepper flakes.
 

I make this kale salad all the time.  It is great because kale doesn't really wilt so it can sit in the fridge for a few days.  Little secret about me, I love sardines.  I know some people are grossed out by them but I love them and they are so good for you.  If you have never bought them before look for the kind that are boneless and skinless in olive oil.  I like to eat mine with whole grain mustard and cheese.



I make this about once a week now.  One of our favorite sides.  It is so good, the best way to eat cabbage.


These are so simple and full of flavor, you won't miss the flour shells.

 
These healthy muffins are great for breakfast and an easy way to get the kids eating veggies.
 
This is one of my favorite Barefoot Contessa Recipes.  Such a great way to use butternut squash.
I use kale sometimes instead of arugula but it is great with both!

You can really use any veggies in these egg muffins.  They are great because you can make them ahead and just reheat each morning for a healthy breakfast.
 

This is a great Summer dish and can be made with any type of fish, the relish is the star!
 

This is a fabulous salad.  Easy to chop and make ahead- just don't toss with dressing til right before you are ready to serve it.


These meatballs are amazing!  They are mainly just lean meat and cheese so they are not bad for you all at.  I serve ours with a salad instead of pasta or bread.

 
A fun spin on a boring kale salad.


This is a great hearty and filling soup. We add hot sauce at the end for extra heat and flavor.


I thought this list was great of Super Foods to add to your diet.

Here's to a healthy 2015 and more fun recipes to come!!




16 comments:

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Yum!!! They all look delicious! Your food presentation is always on point!

Jillian said...

yummm im going to make avocado toast for lunch. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Ally- Life as I know it said...

Avocado toast is one of my favorite things to eat. Add some hard boiled egg in there too, very delicious. I make the Tuscan Kale salad almost weekly, it's so good and easy!
Ally - Life as I know it

samantha cheek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meredith said...

I made and LOVED your turkey meatballs!

Laura said...

This is a great list! Thanks for the inspiration! Where do you buy the master cleanse?

Unknown said...

You can get SUJA products at Target!! Or go to this website and put in your zip code...http://www.sujajuice.com/find-us/

Sweet Southern Prep said...

My mouth is drooling after seeing all of this! Wish you could be my personal chef!!

Val said...

I want to eat it all right now!!! What a great year in food.

MrsAC said...

i wish i could get into kale salad, but theres something about the texture and taste of salad that i just dislike. ill give it another try and make one of these recipes ..
as far as the kiddos- i just did a toddler meals post on my blog is you want to take a look-

www.babycordle.blogspot.com

Gracie Johnston said...

Your food presentation always looks so fab! XO

Unknown said...

Those chicken and mozarella meatballs look delicious, I'm going to try those!

Valerie Dye said...

What are some of your favorite cookbooks? I am looking for ideas!

Erin said...

That chopped salad looks amazing!

Emily Satzger said...

Your recipes never let me down! love the roasted cabbage!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I am currently putting a Best of 2014 post together and one of the categories is Recipes...your mozzarella stuffed chicken meatballs are definitely on the list! LOVE every one of your recipes that I've tried!