Thursday, March 6, 2014

Shredded Kale Salad + Cayenne Balsamic Dressing



In my quest to make as many Kale Salads as I can, this is my new favorite.  The combination of the crispy prosciutto and hard boil eggs is so good with the Kale.  Add in some sharp cheddar cheese and a spicy vinaigrette and you have a kick ass salad. Something to note this salad does not save as well as others because the prosciutto gets soggy it is really best crispy so just add only what you need and save the rest to sprinkle the next day. An all around awesome salad, trust me!
Enjoy!


|| S H R E D D E D  K A L E  S A L A D + C A Y E N N E  B A L S A M I C  D R E S S I N G ||

- 1 Bunch kale, washed, destemmed and cut into thin strips
- 8 pieces prosciutto
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (I use Cabot or Crackel Barrell)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (more if you like spicier)
- salt and pepper to taste

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and lay prosciutto pieces on baking sheet.  Bake about 10 mins until crispy.  Set aside.  Place Kale, eggs, and cheese in large bowl.  Whisk together olive oil and next 5 ingredients for dressings.  Pour dressing over salad.  Crumble Prosciutto and add last so it doesn't get too soggy.



9 comments:

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Sounds so delicious! I love that the dressing is spicy - yum!

Jillian said...

sounds good! i havent tried kale yet! it might be time.. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Lucy said...

Yum! I made your shrimp and grits with kale last week- both my husband and my child ate it up! Maybe they'll eat it again if it has cheese and prosciutto in it too!!

caycee said...

Girl this looks like a salad I would actually eat ;)

Anonymous said...

i have been in such a salad rut and am always on the lookout for a new one. and kale is such a boost of flavor and vitamins... can't wait to try this!

Delta Daisies said...

I'm making this tonight! ha!

Val said...

I crave Kale and this is calling my name .

Jen Watts said...

I need to try this! And ps. As my favorite Charleston girl I need your opinion on the Southern Charm series on Bravo.. And I still need your address!

Unknown said...

I know kale is good for health, but I am not fan of its taste. This recipe, especially the spicy part, may help. Thanks :)

xo, Helen
Domestic Cleaners London