Thursday, August 25, 2016

14 Beauty Products I Can't Live Without

Today's post is all about Beauty! I wanted to share about my decision to become a Beauty Counter rep and a few Beauty favorites I am obsessed with lately.  

First up, BeautyCounter.  I have been blogging about this line for several years now and it just seemed like a natural step to become a rep.  I love every single BeautyCounter item I have ever tried, so you guys can know that the products I recommend to you will be tried and true favorites.  Over the past two years I have tried to make some small changes to my make-up and beauty routine by incorporating more clean and safe products and that is how BeautyCounter came into my life.  Now don't worry I am not going to be blogging about BeautyCounter all the time nor will it ever be the only product line I use.  That is why today I am sharing a mix of products some from BeautyCounter and some not.   I like to try and use a mix of several different lines and that won't ever change.   I will be sharing when new things come out, new favorites and any awesome deals that BeautyCounter runs.  I feel honored to be part of a company that is so forward thinking.  

Today I wanted to share my top 6 favorite BC Products and 8 other products I use everyday and truly love.

I replaced my Laura Mercier tinted foundation with this and never looked back.  It provides flawless coverage.   As far as products go, the ones that my skin absorbs the most like lotions and foundations  I try to keep really clean, the other stuff I am not quite as concerned about.  This won the Allure Beauty award last year too so you know I am not the only one loving it.  As far as coloring goes I use shade #2.


I do really recommend using the retractable brush with this.  I have mentioned it on here before but trust me it makes a difference.  I originally thought there was no way a brush would make a difference but it does, it makes your foundation look seamless, almost air brushed on.  I am hooked and always use this brush.  
I love the kid's set.  You can buy the items individually as well but I find I like having all 3.  
I worry about my kids more than myself so using this line on them was a no brainer.  The set contains body wash, shampoo and conditioner.  It smells really fresh and clean too.
 The lip sheer was the first ever Beauty Counter product I bought 2 years ago.  I bought it in the Twig shade and still use it today.  I now have a few other color favorites that include : petal, rose and coral, and scarlet is the perfect shade of red if you need one!  If I had to choose a favorite though it would be rose it is the perfect everyday pink.  I like that these can go on light and almost sheer or you can layer it for a darker lip.

One of my biggest skin problems is my under eye circles.  They are so bad.  I use this layered with Cle De Peau and it works miracles.  I apply this first then follow with the Cle De Peau and it provides killer coverage.  Color wise I use the light shade.  This pen is great for touch-ups too.
I have bad under eye circles and really dry skin, not a great combo.  I love this eye cream because I feel like it helps with both.  I apply this is the morning before I put on my make-up and at night as well.   As far as eye creams go it is not crazy expensive and a little bit goes a long way.


Now onto some other favorite lines I have been using and loving.  
I was introduced to Colleen Rothschild in April at a blog conference I attended and I have been hooked ever since.  Her products make me feel like I am at a spa.  They smell heavenly and work wonders.  They were gracious enough to offer a discount to my readers, use code DBDD20 to take 20% off any order for the next 7 days.

My favorite CR product is the detox mask.  I use it once a week and love, love, love it.  It is a blend of charcoal and French clay which helps detox the skin.  I usually put this on Monday night while I watch the Bachelor and let it sit about 20 minutes.  When you wash it off your skin will feel amazing!!
I never understood the hype about face oil until I started using it.  Now I swear my skin craves it.  This stuff lasts forever, a little goes a long way.  This oil smells amazing and really helps nourish and hydrate your skin.    I apply this first thing before my moisturizer in the morning.  Your skin will feel silky smooth after you use this.


I love this cream.  I use it day and night.  It not only smells amazing but it makes my skin feel heavenly.
I mentioned these during the Anniversary sale when I scooped up the trio.  A make-up artist used them on my skin once and I was amazed at how well they worked.  I use them for my concealer, they really help apply it smoothly and evenly.  Apparently using your fingers can cause wrinkles and these are gentler on your skin.  They easy to clean too with a little soap and water so you can keep reusing them.

I have been taking these for 3 months now and I swear they have made my hair thicker and fuller.  Even my mom commented last time she was down here that my hair looked fuller.  


After I posted my instastory saying I had not washed my hair in 5 days I had some requests to share what I use.  I only wash my hair about 2 times a week now thanks to this dry shampoo.  I have tried several dry shampoos but this one is hands down the best.  I also like that it helps conceal my roots as well. 
This stuff works miracles on tangly hair.  Frances and I both have really fine hair which means after we wash our hair it is always knotted up.   I use this spray every time I wash my hair and every time I wash Frances Moon's hair.  It makes it so easy to brush your hair when it is wet and it smells amazing.

I have been using coconut oil for several years to remove my make-up but these wipes are so much easier. They are great for traveling too.  They really get all my make-up off and make my under eye area feel soft and moisturized from the coconut oil.   I cut the wipes in half to make them last longer.  


Any other Beauty favorites I should try????





No comments: