Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bargain Shopper

Since I am no longer working we are on a tight budget in the Mason Household. But I am a shopper at heart, it's in my blood. There is nothing that thrills me more than finding a good bargain. Even back when I was working and money wasn't so tight, I still loved scouring consignment stores, TJMAXX, and HomeGoods looking for deals. I thought I would share a few of my recent finds I scored at great prices!

GARDEN STOOL
I have been wanting one of these forever. My mom found this beauty at HomeGoods for $59.99. Can you believe it? We saw the same one in the Horchow catalog for $350.



ZEBRA SERVING TRAY
You all know I love me some Zebra (well, really I love all animal prints). So when I saw this tray at TJMAXX for $14.99, I knew I had to have it.



VINTAGE BOTANICAL SERVING BOWL AND PLATTER
I found these two beauties at Goodwill. $9 a piece. The gold detailing is amazing. I have an obsession with old Botanical Serving pieces, which is funny because I am pretty modern in my tastes otherwise.




LAMP
Another TJMAXX find. I saw a lamp identical to this at GDC Home for $400.



VINTAGE ANIMAL PRINTS
Another treat my mom found at a consignment store. There are 12 prints and she paid like $12. I am going to frame 6 of them to hang in a group in Sterling's nursery. I am envisioning them with a white mat and skinny simple frame. I think they will look great on his Chocolate walls. They came enclosed in this cute binder too.





Do ya'll love finding a bargain as much as me? What have you found lately?

26 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

great finds! I especially LOVE the animal prints. They're going to look so great in Sterling's room!

Jill said...

well, since today Scarlett is in "school" i will be hitting up homegoods, I hope I am as lucky as you:)

Bri said...

love those vintage animal prints!! too perfect for a little manly mans room :)

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Wow what amazing finds! I am jealous!!

Lauren Caldwell said...

Oh I LOVE good bargain too! I get it from my mama .. who is the QUEEN ... mostly because she has A LOT more patience than I do! :)

I found my sister some awesome Anthro disheware at Salvation Army not too long ago! For like 75cent each! :)

Lauren @ tickled.

Unknown said...

wow i love bargains! how fabulous for you dear! happy thursday pretty girl!

Balancing Lisa said...

You know I love me a good bargain! Also have only one income coming into my house hold so I know what it's like to have to really look for some good deals! I love your finds!!! That garden stool is outstanding!!!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Ahh love the garden stool! I've been dying to buy one, but I am not spending $100 on one. Just cant' do it. I am allll about bargain shopping! :)

KatiePerk said...

Total scores! I am beyond impressed. I love the prints! That stool is fab and I also am a fan of vintage botanical serving pieces. Not sure why. But they are so darn charming.

Bud and Leo said...

Amazing finds & so inspiring for me to get on it with some bargain shopping! The animal prints are adorable!

Sarah said...

CUTE prints!! I found a darling print at Hobby Lobby for my son's room for $4.50 and then had it framed and matted for $29. A steal!

Virginia Belle said...

Great finds! I love scouring TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods for deals. They never disappoint :)

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I am *so* loving the animal prints, that is a stroke of genius for Sterling's room! And those vintage botanicals??? So gorgeous...it's totally true, you just can't beat the feeling of a great deal! Does that sound like I'm a shopping addict? 'Cause I'm totally not. I already went to rehab...(c:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Why didn't you call? You hit all my favorite shopping places!!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Oooh I really love that lamp.

I wish i could say I was a bargain shopper. I hate the hunt...

Revival said...

We are so in the same boat in this household. I found a cowhide rug at World Market this weekend for $168 with my 25% off coupon! I couldn't turn down such a steal :)

Julie said...

Woww great finds! I'll be off to Homegood this weekend in search for that garden stool. Thanks for sharing Natalie!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

shopping is in my heart too!! i LOVE that botanical serving platter and the lamp..good finds!

Dina said...

I have Goodwill and the Thrift Store on my list for tomorrow so now you've inspired me even more to go! I found a great Lilly dress a few weeks ago-needs altering but for $4, I'll take it! Have also found some adorable Kelly's Kids for my lil man too...

Megan said...

Great finds, love the animal prints!!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Finding gems at the marshalls/tj maxx's is the biggest thrill!!! great scores for you!

amber lynn said...

great finds! yes, i totally get excited when i find a good bargain. tj maxx and homegoods are two of my favorite stores!

Something Old, Something New said...

Love that garden stool! Nothing beats a good bargain!!

Savvy in San Francisco said...

Love that lamp! It is gorgeous! I literally just posted about all of my finds from Home Goods and Ikea on my blog on Friday too. Love Home Goods - just wish it wasn't 45 minutes from our house.

http://savvyinsanfrancisco.blogspot.com/2011/04/favorite-finds-for-my-nest.html

natasha {schue love} said...

Love all your bargain finds! Just went to Marshall's yesterday and found some great bargains! Why pay full price when you get get the same thing for less?? :)

Alicia xoxxo said...

I love finding a good bargain!! LOVE your zebra tray! I just scored a new zebra rug for our family room. I love animal prints! Actually love everything you found! Great job! :)