Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Addictive Brussels Sprouts Salad



I don't know about you guys but for a long time I hated Brussels Sprouts. I remember my mom cooking them all the time while we were kids and I had to be bribed to eat them. A few years ago I tried them roasted and I was a changed woman. Now I love them. I recently bought some fresh ones at the Farmers Market and knew immediately what I wanted to do with them. Of course this recipe comes from Pinterest, my new cooking bible. This salad is ridic. I could not stopping eating it.  I am sure you are thinking a raw Brussels sprouts salad can not be that good, but it is!!!  I promise you will be pleasantly surprised by this gem of a salad.  The flavors were so fresh and crisp. Try this salad and tell me you don't like Brussels Sprouts.



 
ADDICTIVE BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD- adapted from Shutterbean

•24 Brussels sprouts, shredded

•1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated

•1 cup toasted walnuts, in pieces

•9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

•3 tablespoons apple cinder vinegar

•2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

•salt & pepper

Shred the Brussels sprouts in a food processor, mandolin or chop with a knife! Toss the sprouts in a bowl, top with toasted walnuts & grated cheese. In a small jar, add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar and mustard with a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Put a lid on the jar and shake it up! Pour the dressing over the salad and stir thoroughly! Best served immediately, although I ate leftovers the next day and it still held up well!

Original Recipe and photos 2 and 3 Via


30 comments:

Amy {Fresh and Fancy} said...

I love brussel sprouts! I don't think I ever tried them until last year, and now I roast them all the time. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Sadie + Stella said...

This looks delicious. Beyond! OMG. Craving this at 7:45 AM. Bad sign.

donna said...

I love brussel sprouts. Must try this recipe soon. Thanks for sharing!

erica said...

I have never tried brussel sprouts before, but you have me very interested now. xo

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

YUM this sounds delicious!

Julia Ryan said...

This looks delish. Will totally balance out my oreo goodness I'll be eating round two tonight!

Ashley said...

I used to be so intimidated of brussel sprouts but now I love them! This salad looks great and I know the beau will love it too!

Party of Seven said...

uncooked brussels sprouts?

Heather (GurleeGirrl) said...

I LOVE brussel sprouts and this recipe sounds A MAZE ING!!!!

Dina said...

Yum! We do ours in the oven with a shallot, bacon, and olive oil-they caramelize and are so yummy!

Virginia said...

I love roasted brussel sprouts! I'll have to try this soon.

Whitney {The Pink Elephant} said...

That looks awesome! Can't wait to try it.

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

I will for sure be trying this recipe! I roasted brussel sprouts for the first time the other day with some olive oil, garlic, and parmesean. This salad sounds delish.

Georgine said...

This looks AMAZE!!! How great is it that TJ's sells shredded sprouts already in the bag? Easy to do if you don't have time :) I die for this recipe from Nigella that I make every Christmas, Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts, Pancetta and Parsley.
RECIPE HERE

Georgine said...

This looks AMAZE!!! How great is it that TJ's sells shredded sprouts already in the bag? Easy to do if you don't have time :) I die for this recipe from Nigella that I make every Christmas, Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts, Pancetta and Parsley.
RECIPE HERE

Unknown said...

YUM! One of my favorite restaurants in Chicago has the most delicious brussel sprout salad and I have been looking for an alternative to make at home. Thanks!

viv said...

I LOVE brussel sprouts so this recipe is getting printed out as we speak.

natasha {schue love} said...

I'm always up for a new salad and this looks amazing! Yumm!

navy and orange said...

looks delish!

xoxo navy & orange

Lulu {The Home You Make} said...

Can't wait to try this!! I'll have to hit the farmer's market and already have the cider vinegar at home. Bought it to make pickles that sadly turned out yucky!! At least I know this will be great!

High Cotton Style said...

Looks great! I've never tried them raw!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

This actually looks decent, which is surprising to me b/c I wouldn't think I'd like a brussel sprout salad thingamajig. You're a good eater.

Andrea said...

Love brussel sprouts and this is a great way to fix them! I think adding some chicken or fish would be good too!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I make something like this too. I'm 100% obsessed with Brussels Sprouts!

Val said...

I'am in serious, I mean deep LOVE with this salad. I crave brussels sprouts...this salad is perfect for me. THANK YOU.

Carrie said...

I have made this salad (found it via your interest :) ) and can attest it is ridic!

Kyle said...

This looks incredible! I am obsessed with brussel sprouts. Will be making this summer for sure.

The Lucky Lifestyle said...

YUM...this looks delish! And perfect for a quick summer dinner!

Andrea said...

Made this tonight and it's GREAT! Added a handful of dried cranberries and the flavor combo is fabulous!

Unknown said...

How much mustard for the dressing?