Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Happenings + S&D Winner

How is it Monday already??  The weekends fly by and the weekdays drag by!  We had a jam packed weekend which was fun but really left us no down time for relaxing!  So now it is Monday morning and I am exhausted.  And all weekend Sterling has decided to wake up around 6 yelling "mom" every morning to ensure I hear him and get my butt out of bed. 

Friday night was our date night which actually turned into a couples date night after the wine tasting!  The wine tasting was really fun,  but you know me I love wine and learning more about it.  One of my favorite drinks we sampled was a Sparkling Shiraz.  I had never had this type of wine before and it was quite delicious.  I wish I remembered the exact name but it was from Australia and sold at Total Wine for $15.99.


My outfit from our date night was an old T-Bags dress.  I have had this dress for probably 6 years but still love it.  T-Bags remains one of my favorite brands for maxi dresses.


This is the next T-Bags maxi I hope to add to my collection soon!  They really fit so well!


 
This is all of us girls after the wine tasting at dinner.  We embarrassed our husbands and made them snap pictures of us at the restaurant.


We ate dinner at Al Di La, one of my favorite restaurants in West Ashley.  I had the shrimp Gnocchi and it was amazing!  There is nothing better than fresh homemade pasta.


On Saturday we took our boat out for our first family boat ride of the year.  Our boat has been broken the past 6 months and Matt finally fixed it.  I am so proud of him because he completely rewired the boat on his own.  Now she runs great and we had a blast. Except Sterling it had been so long since he had been on the boat he wasn't so sure about it.



You might notice my dress I am wearing on the boat.  It is my newest obsession.  I found it at the Gap and I have it in three different colors.  It is the perfect casual summer dress.  So comfortable and fits really well too!  They are online HERE and HERE, but I found mine in the actual store.


I also got it in the Royal Blue and wore it to church Sunday with my JCrew necklace.  I told you I seriously love this dress!  It is so versatile.

I also tried on this T-Shirt maxi dress and now I am wishing I bought it.  I think I may order it in the black because it would go with everything.  It was so soft it felt like pajamas.  A plus for running after a kid all day in!

Ended the weekend with a trip to the Farmers Market where I found these gorgeous Hydrangeas!


And now what I am sure you all waiting for!!  The winner of the Stella and Dot necklace is:
Ashley will contact you to get your shipping info.  Hope you love the necklace Kelly!

Don't forget if you didn't win the trunk show is open for two more weeks if you want to order something! 
You can check out the trunk show HERE!

31 comments:

Jill said...

a sparkling shiraz that sounds interesting!!

I have been eyeing that same Gap dress, I think I might so snatch it up today!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

The girls have been getting up at 6 too! Ugh! What a fun weekend. Loved your T-Bags dress. Loved Kaycee's outfit too.

Heading to check out those t-shirt dresses now. LOVE them, especially the green/white stripe one!!

Pink Lace and Cupcakes said...

Love your T-bags maxi! Such a cute "girls pic" Gnocchi looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

I was stalking the t-shirt dress online myself...I think you may have sold me on it :) LOVE the blue color...and am so intrigued by the sparkling Pinot Noir now!

Julia Ryan said...

Once again, I just ADORE all your dresses! Looks like you had such a fun weekend, no wonder you're tired. I don't know if its the sun coming up to early lately but Wells and Tagg have both decided 6am is preferable to 7 for starting the day. Tagg started singing at 5:45 and Wells was playing backyardigans in her crib and saying "ahoy" her favorite new word. Is it seriously not even 8:30 yet? I am totally going to brave the mall with the kids today to go stalk that gap dress!

Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) said...

I'm heading to Gap after work today - LOVE those dresses on you!

The wine might have been The Chook's sparkling shiraz. Have you ever had gragnano or lambrusco? Very similar idea - cold, fizzy red wines. I adore them all because sometimes I'm in the mood for something sparkling but also red.

Jessie said...

I just tried sparkling red wine this weekend and it is my new favorite thing! I will have to try your recommendation!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

First of all, I just adore your new rug! Its gorgeous. And love all of your dresses. And LOVE your whaler :) xo

Kelly said...

YAY! Thank you so much for the awesome giveaway! That totally made my day!

I am seriously about to order that stripped dress from GAP, adorable!

Have a great week friend!

viv said...

Those t-shirt dresses are serious perfection!

Unknown said...

The gap dress looks SO good on you! Your weekend looked so lovely, that gnocchi has my mouth watering! Happy Monday. xo

Pretty in Pink said...

glad you got the dresses. mine came in last week. the maxi dress was sold out in all sizes but medium, so i got the medium and plan to belt it. i didn't see the dresses in solid colors online, so i guess i will have to go to gap to get those!

Leslie said...

I love the Gap t-shirt dress! It looks so great on you. What a wonderful weekend. :)

Bud and Leo said...

love the T-bags maxi! So cute! And seriously way to go GAP! I don't even go in there anymore- I know, bad. But I will now! :)

Happiness Is... said...

I love all of those dresses!!

Unknown said...

Such a fun post. I am in love with your T-Bags dress. So so cute. You and Kaycee are just too cute.

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Love all the dresses! So glad Matt fixed the boat for you. Hooray for a great weekend!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

That dress is super cute!

I love Shiraz. I need to try that!

Lulu {The Home You Make} said...

Thanks for the tip on the Gap dress!! Must have!! Also LOVE the Milly one below and will be trying your suggestion for roasting okra asap ;)

erica said...

You always have the cutest dresses! Your green/white stripe one is way too cute. xo

natasha {schue love} said...

Loving the Gap dresses you've found! Can't wait to start buying "normal" clothes again! And the wine tasting/gnocchi all sounds amazing!!

Andrea said...

Love all your dresses! Need to check out the Gap! The wine tasting looked so fun and that gnocchi makes my mouth water!! What a great weekend you had!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun weekend! T-bags do make great maxi's. I also really like Ella Moss and Young, Fabulous, and Broke maxi's.

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Looks like a fun weekend! You always look so cute in your outfits. Loving that T-Bags maxi- it fits you like a glove! :)

Unknown said...

I almost bought that blue dress last time I was there! Now I need to go back and get it. It won't look as great on me I'm sure though. Looks a fun weekend. Many of my favorite wines are Australian- I'll have to try that - thanks for the tip!

Rachel Amy said...

i love that gap dress! i bought it in the blue & pink, but i'm definitely eyeing the striped now that so many bloggers have posted about it!!

Megan said...

That restaurant is on my list of places to go! Love your dresses. They all look so comfy! Glad you had a good weekend!

pretty little things said...

just discovered your blog and love your style - became your newest follower! hope you can check me out too : )

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Sadie + Stella said...

K. Love the dresses. Love. That gnocchi looks insane!!! Uhhh I need. You look adorbs in each end every picture. I need the name of this wine!!! Need.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love the Gap dress, simple to thrown on and it looks amazing. That model is either a hobbit or you are tall! Like how it fits on you better, too long on her ;)

tenth avenue south said...

Love this! I was already headed to Gap to copy a friend's precious HOT PINK t-shirt and I grabbed the t-shirt maxi dress, too. Just a word to the wise- I washed and dried it as directed and it shrunk up quite a bit. Great for me (I'm 5'2")... but may not be fabulous otherwise!