Monday, June 4, 2012

Scenes From Our Weekend

Lets dish.  We had a great weekend, did you?  My parents and sister were here plus my in-laws officially moved here this week so we had a crazy busy weekend!

Remember when I told you about my in-laws Estate sale? Well this rug is one of the pieces we were lucky enough to score.  We were originally planning to put it in our dining room but decided she was more Den worthy.  What do you think?  I am pretty smitten with her, pretty amazing how a rug can transform a room.
I had the best time with my sister. Seriously she is my best friend and I love hanging out her.  We definitely didn't plan to both wear matching orange shirts.  Sisters Intuition I guess.
My parents brought Sterling one of my old CareBears and he is obsessed with it.  My mom saved everything from when we were kids which is kind of awesome.  The Vintage Toys are so much better. You can see the CareBear peeking out below.
Did a little shopping with my mom and scored these Dolce Vita Sandals at TJMaxx, yes I am serious.  $29.99. (Don't judge my giant size 9.5 feet).
Mom also treated me to this perfect silk shirt from Banana Republic.  The back is so cute.  Sported it with my blush jeans this weekend.  And yes that is a giant stain at the bottom.  Silk shirts with a two year are a bad idea but I refuse to sacrifice my style now that I am a Mommy....
Luckily this is the type of silk that can be washed not drycleaned.


We caught another awesome sunset and Sterling saw his first Fireworks at The Yacht Club on Saturday.

I have a new favorite drink.  The good Old Greyhound.  Only it must be made with fresh squeezed, not bottled Grapefruit Juice.  It is so refreshing.
Cooked the New York Times Recipe for Spicy Quinoa, Cucumber, and Tomato Salad. and it was awesome!  Recipe HERE.

My little man is growing up so fast. How do I slow down the time???
Doesn't he totally look like a fraternity boy in the first picture?  Just chilling with his crazy hair.

Have a great Monday.  Looks like its gonna be a rainy day here spent indoors!

27 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Love the rug! Looks awesome in there. Cannot get enough of the persians! Also, no judgment. I have a 9.5 to 10 sized foot. Amazon woman over here. No. Glamazon I will call us!

Julie and Lauren said...

That rug and whole living room set up is gorgeous! Tres jealous :)

erica said...

Oh my goodness I really love that rug. I have been thinking about updating my entire living room, but maybe instead of dropping all that money I will just buy a rug. Love the pictures, and as usual your outfits are too cute. xo

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Ok Natalie, where do I begin? Love the top, the sandals (tj maxx is the best!) for that price? no brainer, what a steal! Your little guy looks sooo much older on that photo of him on the bench, he's so cute!

Liz said...

So glad you had a great weekend! I love the rug (and spy the same plastic golf club in the background as Henry has! Maybe they can catch 9 holes while we hang at the beach next month?! Ha!) Love the BR shirt and need to try a greyhound now! :)

Jill said...

look like you had a great weekend!!

I love when my sister comes to town, we have so much fun..she will be in STL in about 3 weeks

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Your new rug is incredible. I am in love!!!

Katharine @ SouthernBourbonMountains said...

Um, 1. Can I rent all of Sterling's clothes until you get preggo again? He is always so cute! and 2. That banana top is awesome, I might have to go get. #3. LOVE the rug!

High Cotton Style said...

I got the same pair at the TJ here! Love them!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Great new rug! So glad your inlays made it down for good!

viv said...

Gorgeous living room and outfit!! I may need to purchase that shirt...

natasha {schue love} said...

Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice for Greyhounds are simply the best! Yum! And I love your style finds over the weekend! Looks like a lot of fun!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

9.5? Shaw. Try 11!! Just call me big foot.

Love the family photos. You are all too good lookin'! :-)

Kerr said...

I love those shoes! I have been wanting a pair in pink. I wear a 9.5 too, sometimes a 10. And I am only 5'6. I call them my flippers and sometimes clown feet!

Andrea said...

Love the shirt and sandals. I bought the same ones in gold but spent more, boo! Sterling totally looks like a frat boy, too cute! Love that salad recipe, need to make that soon!

Leslie said...

That silk top is so gorgeous! It looks like an amazing weekend. And I also love that Sterling has one of your old Care Bears!

megan said...

Ha, he really does look like a frat boy in the making in that pic. Too cute. Glad you had a fun weekend with the fam!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

You always have the best style and find the greatest pieces for steals!! Love all of your new items. Oh my gosh, I cannot get over how adorable but grown up Sterling looks in that picture. His hair is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Natalie- I have only been following your blog for a few weeks, and keeping finding your finds in my closet/home. I just bought that top from Banana- as well as the throw rug that you mentioned that week. BTW- I must thank you for the Spanikopata suggestion for my (almost) 16 month old...tried it this weekend and he LOVED it!

Natasha said...

i am LOVING your outfit lady!! that color is gorgeous on you

Cre8ive Motives said...

Must have that rug! It's stunning!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I'm so jealous of your rain! I wish we were getting some in Phoenix! And girl, absolutely no judgement on the shoe size or the stain...I'm anywhere from a 9 to a 10(!) and if I had a dollar for everything that ended up on my clothing...(c: Fun filled weekend with sister and family = HEAVEN in my book (c:

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

He DOES look like a frat boy- he's gonna be a heart breaker. Love your turquoise shirt- the back is adorable!!

Taylor said...

looks like a great weekend! love the blue top - and amazing steal (you always find the best steals) with the shoes!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Sterling is just too cute Natalie!

Gracyn said...

Found your blog through Caycee's blog and have been reading for several weeks now! I found those sandals today at our TJ Maxx! Also wanted to say thank you for the post on your meals for Sterling. I have a 16 month old and was in a mealtime rut! I have tried the spanakopita and it is a new fav!

Bud and Leo said...

yes he totally looks like a little frat boy! haha he is darling! And love the new BR top! great find, as always :)