Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Crab Cakes With Spicy Sriracha Aioli + Wine


I have to thank my friend Erin for this recipe idea.  She had been telling me for weeks to try Paula Deens Crab Cakes.  This was my second go at them and rest assured they are delicious y'all.  I made this meal for my dad's birthday this past weekend and it was a huge hit.  The crab cakes can be made ahead and then stored in the fridge til you are ready to fry them up.  The Sriracha Aioli makes the crab cakes pop.  We kind of just made up the aioli recipe and it turned out fantastic.  If you like a hint of heat you will love the sauce.  We served our crab cakes with Succotash, my dad's favorite.
I highly recommend serving the Crab Cakes with this Sauvignon Blanc.  So there you go: Crab Cakes + Succotash + Sauvignon Blanc = the perfect meal.


CRAB CAKES WITH SPICY SRIRACHA AIOLI

1 pound crabmeat, picked free of shells

1/3 cup crushed crackers (recommended: Ritz)

3 green onions (green and white parts), finely chopped

1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper

1/4 cup mayonnaise

1 egg

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon dry mustard

1/2 lemon, juiced

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon salt

Dash cayenne pepper

Flour, for dusting

1/2 cup peanut oil


Directions

In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and peanut oil. Shape into patties and dust with flour.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, in pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Serve warm with preferred sauce

SPICY SRIRACHA AIOLI
Mayonaise
Sriracha
Wasabi Powder
Soy Sauce

Since we made the sauce up I have no measurements.  I just kind of mixed and tasted as I went.  So mix to your liking.  I would guess about 3/4- 1 cup mayo and then about 1 teaspoon of each following..

21 comments:

Pinot after Playdates said...

I agree! Sauvignon Blanc is a MUST for crabcakes! They look delish! Add chili sauce to that mixture and coat on fried shrimp and its pretty much dead on the Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish Grill!

Sadie + Stella said...

All I can say is yum. Sriacha is welcome in any dish as far as I am concerned. Also, I am all Sauvignon Blanc lately.

Lala said...

Any Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough is perfecto in my opinion! Yum yum yum

Julia Ryan said...

This looks amazing. seriously. I might have to step it up and try this!

Kristin | o.m.Gee! said...

See you this weekend, crab cakes! Love this recipe. And your plate looks gourmet!

megan said...

Yum! I love a good crab cake.

Val said...

Wine and Crab Cakes.....sounds like heaven on earth.

Pink Lace and Cupcakes said...

Yum, Crab Cakes look so good!

viv said...

Holy YUM!

Kerr said...

I think I am making these tonight!

Ashley said...

This looks so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

pretty little things said...

those look delish! I need to make those like now!

Randy Clemens said...

These look great!!! Another fun wine to try would be a Muscadet from the Loire Valley. Muscadet is made from a grape called Melon de Bourgogne, which creates wines with a nice acidity and a fresh, crisp flavor. It's my favorite seafood pairing wine... especially bottles that are labeled "sur lie" (aged with the yeast sediment in the barrel).

Cheers, and viva la Sriracha!
- Randy Clemens -
Author, The Sriracha Cookbook

Kara said...

This looks delicious! Love crab cakes, and love that it is a light summery meal. And I am a firm believer that Sriracha makes EVERYTHING better :)

Bambino by the Bay said...

I have made Paula's crab cakes several times and absolutely love them! They are always a huge hit with my family- and look and taste fantastic!! I will have to try your sauce with them next time. Sauv. Blanc is a must!! :)

StrawberryBlonde said...

Looks delicious! How many crab cakes did this recipe make?

Taylor said...

yum! the way you plated it looks so professional and fancy too :)

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I thought I would love Emily's season but not so much!! And with the OC- Vikki has LOST it!!!!

Unknown said...

I could have written the whole post on the reality TV! So funny. And such a snoozer with Emily. . .and yes, Heather became my fav as well which is a bit scary. The vest. . horrible. Heather's yard. Dreamy!

Unknown said...

that spicy sauce looks amazing!

www.girlsgonefood.com

Unknown said...

A girl LOVES crab cakes! I can't wait to make these and share it our my blog! I love the idea of spicy.
xo
agirlandherfood