Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Raspberry Crumble Bars

 

I have been wanting to make these bars ever since my girlfriend brought them over to our house a few weeks ago.  They are ridiculously easy to make, like it took me maybe 10 minutes to whip them together.  They are soooo good.  The Raspberry Jam, paired with the granola, almonds and shortbread is pure heaven.  Sterling loved them, they were a huge hit with the whole family. 

This recipe is from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, Fool Proof, which so far is one my favorites cookbooks she had made.  Every recipe I have tried in it is amazing!  You will love these bars until you eat like 5 of them and wish you hadn't made them because you can't stop eating them!  (true story over here). Enjoy!



{RASPBERRY CRUMBLE BARS}
½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
10 to 12 ounces good raspberry jam, such as Hero
2/3 cup good granola without dried fruit
1/4 cup sliced almonds
Confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on medium speed just until combined. With the mixer on low, add the vanilla.

Sift the flour and salt together and, with the mixer on low, slowly add to the butter mixture, mixing until it almost comes together in a ball. Turn the dough out on a board. Lightly pat two-thirds of the dough evenly on the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan and about ¼ inch up the sides. Spread with the jam, leaving a ¼-inch border. Mix the granola into the remaining dough with your hands. Break the dough into small bits, and distribute it on top of the jam, covering most of the surface. Sprinkle the almonds on top. Bake the bars for 45 minutes, until lightly browned.

Cool completely and cut into 9 or 12 bars. Sprinkle lightly with confectioners’ sugar.

24 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

YUM! You make the best stuff my dear!

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

Seriously love her...and do not know how I possibly don't have this cookbook in my life yet.

Meg said...

Those look great!

I think I could totally replace my kid's nutrigrain bars with these.

Lauren Daly said...

Mmmm, yumm! You always have great recipes! Check out my new healthy living blog for young women at www.twogreenfoxes.com for some good ones too!

(Eileen) a creative day said...

I have got to get that cookbook! These look amazing

Sadie + Stella said...

Holy shit these look amazing.

pretty little things said...

yes please -- those look amazing! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

I just gained 10 pounds!!

Caitlin said...

You have convinced me I need to add this cookbook to my collection.

Allison said...

Looks so good! Where is your dinnerware from?

Stilettos Stuck In Snow said...

That looks so delish!

Colleen Sullivan said...

I'm sure they taste incredible and they look fantastic too! I made something similar last summer from Rachel Ray, PB&J Bars.

I've heard great things about that Ina cookbook. I have a few others of her's, but I'm going to look for this one today at Costco when we go.

Happy Wednesday!

Natalie said...

I've heard the BEST things about these bars, cannot wait to try!

Tess said...

I'm so excited to try these - they look delish. I just got this book at my wedding shower over the weekend and I can't wait to start trying some goodies!

Unknown said...

My husband fell in love with these! I had them for breakfast quite a bit when I made them hence now I need to lose a couple of pounds.

KatiePerk said...

Yum. Perk will love this.

Portuguese Prepster said...

I've always wanted to make these! they look delish!

Ashley @ Places To Go, Things To Buy said...

Mmmm those sound so good! I need to get her cookbook for sure!

17 Perth said...

I want those right now. Haha. Literally, right now.

R's Rue said...

Yum!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Matters of Style said...

Yum, those look awesome!!

Taylor said...

YUM. I love this cookbook of hers. Every time I make something I love her because it's so damn good, and then hate her because I have no self control when it comes to her food!
http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Ina can do no wrong in my book..... they look delicious!

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I say paint those cabinets. I want all of my cabinets painted a glossy black and I would do it but I just don't have the time.