Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Roasted Sweet Potato, Beet and Corn Salad + Israeli Couscous


This recipe is what I created one night while the hubs was working late.  He would never eat this veggie master piece but trust me it was delish!  I roasted all the sweet potatoes, corn, and beets and was just going to eat that as a salad alone but decided to serve it over some leftover couscous we had and it was amazing.  Such a quick, easy, and healthy meal. You could just use plain couscous but we love the Near East Box kind.  I make it often and sometimes add in veggies to have on hand for my lunch that week.  If you make this salad ahead of time it is better at room temperature than cold.  If you hate goat cheese, feta would be great in it as well.
Enjoy this beautiful Rainbow Salad!



{ROASTED SWEET POTATO, BEET AND CORN SALAD + ISRAELI COUSCOUS}

- 1 large sweet potato diced
- 2 medium beets peeled and diced
- 1 ear of corn
- 1/2 red onion diced finely
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Goat Cheese
- 1 box Near East Basil and Olive Oil Couscous

Toss the sweet potatoes and beets with olive oil and spread in single layer on sheet pan.  Season with salt and pepper.   Wrap corn in foil.  Roast all at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes or until fork tender.  Meanwhile mix together lime juice and about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt + pepper.  Once the veggies are cooked place in bowl and add in red onion.  Pour dressing over roasted veggies.  Serve salad over couscous and sprinkle with fresh goat cheese.

14 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

well you know I can't do beets, but maybe I'll sneak this on the rest of my family. Looks so yummy and healthy!

Sadie + Stella said...

Ok this looks amazing. I have never had Israeli couscous. Is it a must? I love me some beets so this would be fabulous!

Jill said...

Trader Joes has an awesome box of Israeli cous cous, this looks so delish!!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I'm still having trouble looking at pictures of food, but this does sound tasty! Maybe in a few days once I'm off of my bland and boring food I'll give it a whirl!

Pink Lace and Cupcakes said...

Yum! You always have the best veggie entrees that I can make when hubs works late:)

pretty little things said...

this looks healthy and delicious! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Meg said...

So much color (vitamins, micronutrients) going on there. Nice creation.

I really really wish I liked beets. I've tried every which way. I won't even eat the chèvre that gets tainted with the stuff. They are so good for you and on so many menus.

Alexa said...

Oh gosh that looks delicious! :)

Natalie said...

Looks SO good! The perfect meal for when my husb is away -- he would never touch it but it's my dream dinner.

Ashley @ The Houston House said...

Yum!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Yummy!! I love all these ingredients.

Unknown said...

I was inspired to make this for lunch and even though I had only canned beets, it was SO yummy! Thank you for a delicious, healthy recipe!!

Champagne Darling said...

looks delicious!

xo Danai
http://www.lifeinmyfablane.com

Unknown said...

What?! Brownie Brittle?! Where the heck do I find this magical creation?

Second, those Upton boobs made me laugh.

Third, That cous cous dish looks amazing!