Thursday, February 7, 2013

Seeing Red

Since this month is Valentines and Heart Awareness month,  I have been in the mood for red- clothes, wine, purses,  nail polish, and the list goes on.  While I was in Charlotte last week I was lucky enough to get to stop by The Social Dress Shop Studio.   Let me tell you I was in hog heaven, it was so fun to see and try on all my favorite dresses I had been stalking online!  


I took two beauties home with me and I could not be more excited about my new red shift dress since I am so into red lately  (you have to wait til next week to see the other one I snagged).  It is the perfect little shift dress.   You can dress it for a night out with booties and a fun necklace or wear it casually during the day with flats.  And it is affordable- only $78!! 

Plus, Sarah with Social Dress Shop has graciously offered any of my readers 25% off any full priced dresses.  Ladies you must take advantage of this offer.  I promise I won't be mad if you copy me and order the same red dress, in fact you should with the extra 25% off it is such a steal!!  Use the code LOVE25 at checkout.


I couldn't get a good picture of the back on me, but look how cute it is.

 So Seriously go to Social Dress Shop and take advantage of the discount (LOVE25)!  There are some fabulous summer dresses on the site now too.  This dress was another favorite of mine it is more of an orangey red but totally gorgeous on.  It is on my wishlist!
{GEMMA T-BACK MAXI IN WATERMELON}


 And did you notice any thing?  I have decided I am going to start parting my hair down the middle.  It is a fun new change.  I was getting sick of my side part.


Back to the topic of red I just found out JCREW came out with a new lounge pant.  It looks similar to my favorite, the Saturday Pant, and they come in red!  I can guarantee you I need a pair of red lounge pants- LOVE!  They also come in Navy and Gray.

 It comes in a short version too that is super cute for summer.  Comfy and Chic!

If you are looking for a delicious affordable red wine, you must try Cloudy Bay Pinot Noir.  It is around $10 and really tastes like a way more expensive wine.  I was shocked to find out what it cost.  Highly recommend- I think they sell it at Total Wine.

Lastly, I am pretty sure I need a bright red clutch.  It would go with everything.  The perfect way to jazz up a dull outfit.  My current favorite red clutch is:
Any other red items I need in my life?  I would love a good red lipstick if anyone has recs.  Cheers to a glass of red wine tonight because I detoxed last night!

xoxo

34 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! I noticed it in the first picture and was going to mention it before I read the end of your post. It looks AMAZING! So gwyneth. It's crazy when you start noticing but every celebrity parts their hair down the middle. Welcome to the club!

Paige said...

You are rocking that red dress well!! And I'm loving the part down the middle!

Katie said...

Love that red dress and clutch. Your hair looks so great with the middle part and I love the loose waves. Looking good girl! ;)

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

Totally Gwynneth! I agree Julia! I really want some of those Sunday pants!

Unknown said...

LOVING your middle part!

pretty little things said...

just gorgeous! I need a LRD (little red dress) and have yet to find the perfect one yet! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

tpatters5 said...

Your hair looks fantastic! The part is great and the blonde is perfection.

I have a life long obsession with finding the perfect red lipstick. I am blonde and fair skinned to give you context. I love ChanelRouge Allure's reds-Pirate (perfect blue undertones and rich red); Passion (a great touch of orangey red), and Palpitane (more pinky undertone). They had a little sample packet ( lot in the little sample pots and includes a brush) a month or so ago that had four shades of the reds which can help you decide which shade works for you because the lipsticks are a little pricey especially if you get the wrong one and don't wear it. The lipstick in the right shade is worth it because the color lasts and does not dry out your lips Clinique chubby stick in cherry also is a great shear lipstick and balm. Mac is good in Ruby Woo and Russian Red. (See it really is an obsesssive search). I have tried drug store brands and they either look like I played with a crayon or fade too fast.

Kimberly said...

I'm digging the center part - more boho chic, less prep.

Sarah said...

My trick for red lips: I have found that an actual red lipstick is too much, bleeds, etc. So I use a pencil (Laura Mercier Ruby or True Red) and then top it with a gloss. It stays much longer than a red lip and it stays in place.

Unknown said...

love your new hair! And those dresses are fab!

Unknown said...

Chanel pirate, Nars Dragon Girl ( obsessed), Nars Red lizard and Chanel Gabrielle - red lipstick is an obsession. Go for it!

Unknown said...

Love the middle part on you. Changing the part always seems to add some va-va-voom for a little while...lol...us thin-haired girls know how important that is! I tend to go back and forth with mine, but I love the middle the best I think. www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Hayley said...

Been following your blog for awhile now and have never left a comment...but HAVE to tell you that your hair looks awesome!! So hip and flattering on you :)

Tina said...

Hi Natalie!
Long time reader...just a quick question. I LOVE the red dress and would like to order it, but I'm not so sure on sizing since it seems pretty loose. What size did you do? I will order the same. Thank you :)

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Love the hair switch up, that red dress you're wearing, and the pants!!

Stilettos Stuck In Snow said...

Love the short red shift dress--such a stunning and seasonally appropriate color! I also think the down the middle part looks great on you!~Brett

Emma (Glitter and Gold) said...

Keep the middle part!!!! It looks so awesome!! You look like Paltrow now!!!!

Sadie + Stella said...

So you totally rock the middle part. Not sure if I could pull that off. Also, these dresses. I die. Now I am thinking I need a new dress! Peer pressure!

Turners in the Country said...

Yes, your hair!!! I didn't realize it was the middle part, in the first pic I noticed your hair looked awesome and thought maybe you'd gone blonder. It totally suits you!!

Lauren Led said...

Love your hair! Like Julia, I was going to ask about it anyway from the first pic before scrolling down more. Besides the part change, what else did you do? How did you style it? I'm usually a no effort hair person too, so I need the details!

natasha {schue love} said...

I LOOOVE that red shift dress...and of course it's sold out! :( I want it though...so cute on you! And your hair looks FAB!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love that red dress on you. Hot mama!! Your hair looks so cute parted in the middle!

Gracie Johnston said...

Love the middle part so cute!

Katie said...

I love your middle part! I have attempted it a few times but I think it looks so weird on me! Did you have to get used to it?

Ashley said...

my go-to red lipstick is fire & ice by revlon - i saw it on a style blog (atlantic pacific maybe?) and figured if i hate it, it's only like $5! but i love it and wear it a lot - super flattering and makes your teeth look really white. good luck!!

Chimmy said...

the hair looks fabulous. the dress looks fabulous. you look fabulous.
try bobbi brown lip color in red.

Taylor said...

that red dress is amazing - perfect color on you. and your hair looks great!
http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hair looks super cute! Gotta try the wine :)

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I've been on a red kick as of late (I've never liked red before!) Just got a red dress and red heels! I was just going to say that I love how your hair looks before I read that you were actually styling it differently, love it!

Pink Flamingo Style said...

LOVE the hair part!!

Unknown said...

ok, LOVE the hair...wish I could do a side part! And try Nars Jungle Red, an all time fave...

Anna @ Annglophile said...

The middle parting looks great!

And, like tpatters5, I would definitely recommend Mac's Ruby Woo. I have similar colouring to you and it suits me - in fact I think it's one of those shades that suit everyone! It also makes your teeth look very white!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

you look amazing, you skinny b!!

The Daily Stroll said...

Love your hair!!