Monday, June 16, 2014

Scenes From Our Weekend

Monday again?  The weekends just fly by don't they??  

A few happenings around here:
I found a new favorite breakfast.  Whole grain bread toasted with PB or Almond Butter and fresh strawberries, it is so good!


A few weeks ago I won a contest on Sara's blog for the most precious dolls called Sophie and Lill.  They arrived Friday and are even more adorable in person.  The company was sweet enough to send Sterling a shark doll too, that is pretty awesome- it comes with tattoos and it was a huge hit!  Shop dolls Here.

The dolls are so cool because on one side they are a mermaid, angel, and princess but flip them and they are ready for bed.
 

 Sterling of course insisted on sleeping with them all.  He likes a crew at bedtime.


Saturday I finally got back to the Farmers Market, I had not been since it opened this year.  Matt usually works on Saturdays so it is special tradition for me and Sterling and now Frances.  I had a delish green juice and egg taco from Ban Bahn Mi.


Saturday night we stayed out at Isle of Palms with some of our friends who have a house.  Things got a bit rowdy but we had the best time.  Sometimes a kid free night is just what you need.  We ate lots of fried seafood, played many card games, and had a dance party.




Sunday was Father's day and I hate I didn't get to spend it with my dad but I did get to spend it with Matt and my Father in law. We went to church and the sermon was just awesome about being a good parent and instilling the right values in your children.  It was an important reminder that I need to volunteer more and help others.  Since having children that aspect of my life has been on the back burner.  I used to volunteer every week.  It made me realize I need to start back and include Sterling because he is old enough now to gain so much from helping others.   I made a goal once a month to take him and help out somewhere.  Whether it is donating something or  just our time it doesn't matter but I want him to see how important it is to help others.  This month we are going to do the Ronald McDonald house, any Charleston friends with ideas of where to volunteer would be so appreciated.


 Matt got lots of love on Father's Day.  We all sure do love him.  Once you have two kids you really need the other parents help and Matt has been amazing with both kids.



Later that day we went to a birthday party for one of Sterling's friends. It was a pool party and Sterling had a blast.


I wore a one piece because when dealing with kids I just find it easier.  I have kind of been Mara Hoffman obsessed lately.  This one piece is on sale and has a killer back.  Love mine.  It also has a strap if you need more support and don't want it strapless.

Back to reality back to Monday.




13 comments:

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

Your babies are precious and that bathing suit rocks!

Jillian said...

looks like a great weekend. those dolls are toooo cute with the sleeping masks! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Stephanie said...

Love that suit! How does it run size wise? Are you wearing a small? I love reading your blog! You have amazing style!

Stephanie said...

Love that suit! How does it run size wise? Are you wearing a small? I love reading your blog! You have amazing style!

KatiePerk said...

Pet Helpers and Crisis Ministries always have a wishlist of things they need! Good idea. Seriously, one of these days I will see you at the FM.

Christina said...

I love these types of posts. I also really love that you want to volunteer more, and with Sterling. It really is so important. My mom took me to a soup kitchen in Boston a couple times with our church. I was about 10-12 years old and it was VERY eye opening. We by no means grew up rich, but it definitely made me appreciate everything I had just a little more. :)

jennyluhu said...

Love your bathing suit and the baby Burberry swimsuit!! Sooooo adorable! Jennifer pinterestdreams.blogspot.com

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

You look amazing in that suit!! And I'm also obsessed with almond butter and strawberries on toast, super super obsessed!

buffalo journeys said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Frances is so adorable, such a cute smile.

Unknown said...

How fun...and those dolls are adorable! You look amazing in that one-piece! I have a feeling I'm going to be wearing a lot of those soon! haha

Sparky said...

I love that MH swim suit! Curious to know whether it's more neon in person or if that was just the light or filter.
Love these kind of posts. :)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Looks like a great balance of family and friend time! I can't get over how awesome you look in that Mara Hoffman suit!