Thursday, November 4, 2010

Best Appetizer Ever




My mom passed this recipe along to me last weekend. I made it Saturday when we had some friends over for dinner and it was so good. Trust me, you need to make this ASAP. Sausage, ranch, and cheese mixed together- is that sounding good?? Well wait til it bakes and it is served in these cute wonton cups. This is an A++ appetizer. I am actually going to make it again this weekend, that is how good it was. I love an appetizer like this, that is easy to make, delicious, and most importantly looks cute sitting out on the table. Your friends will be impressed.

TEXMEX WONTONS
-1 PKG SAUSAGE, BROWNED AND DRAINED WELL
-1 SMALL CAN SLICED BLACK OLIVES, DICED
-CUP HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH
-1/4 DICED JALAPENOS (FROM JAR, NOT FRESH)
-1.5 CUPS SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
-1.5 CUPS SHREDDED MONTERREY JACK CHEESE
-1 PKG WONTON SHELLS (IN THE FRIDGE SECTION NEAR DRESSING AND PRODUCE)

MIX FIRST 6 INGREDIENTS TOGETHER. PLACE EACH INDIVIDUAL WONTON IN A MINI MUFFIN PAN. LIGHTLY PRESS DOWN TO FORM AN OPEN CUP. SPOON ABOUT A TABLESPOON OF THE SAUSAGE MIXTURE INTO EACH CUP. BAKE AT 350 DEGREES ABOUT 15 MINUTES OR UNTIL WONTONS START TO BROWN.
THIS MAKES ABOUT 36-40 MINI WONTONS
ENJOY!

**NOTE: I FOUND THE WONTONS IN THE PRODUCE SECTION NEAR THE REFRIGERATED DRESSING AND CARROTS**
**ALSO DRAIN THE SAUSAGE WELL AND BLOT WITH PAPER TOWELS TO AVOID EXCESS GREASE WHEN BAKING**

5 comments:

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Thanks for this- always looking for great tasting, easy appetizers:)

Jill said...

Those sound delicious!

California Wife said...

YUM, these sound amazing! I despise black olives though, would they still be good if I left them out.

Alicia xoxxo said...

This looks soooo good! I am def going to make these!

The Daily Stroll said...

Thanks for sharing! Those sound amazing. I will definitely be trying these! :)