Monday, November 22, 2010

The Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie


With the holidays right around the corner (where did the past year go?) I am in full force cooking mode. I had to share this recipe because these are the best peanut butter cookies ever! I have made this recipe many times and it never disappoints. I think these are the perfect holiday gift and would be so cute sprinkled with red or green sugar if you wanted a more festive look. Sadly, I just made this batch for Matt and I, and I can't stop eating them! We store them in the freezer and if you have never put candy or cookies in the freezer you are missing out. Something about the freezer brings out and intensifies the flavor.

I added crushed Reese's cups to my cookies because I had leftovers from Halloween, but I have made these cookies with Reese's pieces, m&m's and peanut butter chips and they are all good. Add what ever sweet treat you like or keep it plain and simple with just the PB! Here is my adaptation of Miss Katie Lee's Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. Enjoy!
**Please excuse my Madonna man hand in the top picture**




PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

- 1 CUP ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1/2 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- 1/4 TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
- 8 TABLESPOONS (1 STICK) UNSALTED BUTTER)
- 1/2 CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 1/2 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1 LARGE EGG
- 1/2 TEASPOON PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1/2 ALL NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER (I USE THE JIF ALL NATURAL)
- CRUSHED UP REESES CUPS, AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE AS YOU LIKE

PREHEAT OVEN TO 325 DEGREES.
IN A SMALL BOWL MIX TOGETHER FLOUR, BAKING SODA AND SALT.
IN A MEDIUM BOWL, USE A HANDHELD ELECTRIC MIXER TO CREAM THE BUTTER AND SUGARS UNTIL LIGHT AND FLUFFY, ABOUT 4 MINUTES. ADD THE EGG AND BEAT UNTIL FULLY INCORPORATED. ADD THE VANILLA AND PEANUT BUTTER AND BEAT UNTIL FULLY INCORPORATED. ADD THE FLOUR MIXTURE AND BEAT UNTIL WELL MIXED. STIR IN REESES CUPS LIGHTLY TO THE BATTER.

USING A TABLESPOON, DROP THE COOKIE DOUGH ONTO COOKIE SHEETS, LINED WITH PARCHMENT PAPER. PRESS EACH COOKIE WITH A LIGHTLY FLOURED FORK. BAKE ABOUT 15 MINUTES AND LET COOL.
MAKES ABOUT 30-36 COOKIES

**KATIE LEE'S ORIGINAL RECIPE CALLS FOR CRUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER INSTEAD OF ALL NATURAL IF YOU PREFER. HONESTLY ANY PEANUT BUTTER WOULD WORK FOR THESE COOKIES, SO USE WHAT YOU GOT!**

3 comments:

Balancing Lisa said...

mmmm...these sound amazing! My hubby is obsessed with peanut butter so this would be right up my family's ally! ;) Coping the recipe now!
Thanks for sharing!!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Mama L said...

Totally shut my eyes while reading this post, otherwise I would make 1000 batches in a day and consequently blow up. Sounds amazing though

Alicia xoxxo said...

Yummmm.....those look so good! I will def have to try these!