Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Nursery Of My Dreams

Happy Thursday Loves. This week is flying by, Sterling is in vacation Bible School at our church all week which has been so nice. I have been cleaning out and purging. Our little three bedroom house is filled to the brim and we need to make room for baby number two. Speaking of I had a doc appointment yesterday, everyday looked well, fast heartbeat of 145 and technically they could tell us the sex now but alas we have to wait for 5 more weeks for our next big ultrasound. So we continue to play the waiting game. 

 In meantime I am already dreaming about decorating the nursery.  Truthfully I want a pretty gender neutral nursery no matter what the sex.  I don't like things too pink and girly or too boy and blue.  I like a modern neutral nursery.  I came across Erin Williamson's nursery and lets' just say I am obsessed,  this is exactly what I am dreaming of for my little one.

All pictures via




Freaking gorgeous right??  Erin has a little boy, Luke and he is one lucky dude to have this nursery.  If I had a girl I would make a few tweaks but overall the vibe of her room is what I am going for.  We basically have the same crib (The Oeuf Sparrow) and I have a white dresser that I plan to order some new brass hardware for.  I have a white rocking chair from Sterling's nursery (and by white I mean it is yellow now- white rocking chairs in a boy's nursery is never a good idea) that I plan to recover in a similar fabric to the chair above if I can find one that is affordable.  I googled the Togo fabric above but can't find it anywhere if you know someone that carries it shoot me an email.  I am hoping to enlist my sweet Dad to help me paint, he is the master painter.  He can paint a room perfectly without taping it off and so quickly!

Luckily I don't really have to buy any new furniture just a few accessories to spruce things up here is what I am hoping to buy accessory wise. 

Neutral Nursery



Lastly while browsing for nursery stuff I had to look for my little man too and I found him the cutest Hanna Anderson PJ's at Serena and Lily.  They are some of my favorite PJ's yet, I highly recommend them.  And how about the bed head on my little man?  He has the best head of hair that he certainly did not get from me (Thank you Matt for your thick hair).





26 comments:

Amanda said...

There's a rug on the Rugs USA site that looks similar but is on sale right now for less. Dana from the Housetweaking blog gave it a good review.

http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-moroccan-shag-mrc2/natural/200HJMRC2A-507.html

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I LOVE what you've come up with so far! So chic!!! Have you seen the neutral bedding options at Serena & Lily? I love the tan and white one! It's what I would order if I had another one!

Sadie + Stella said...

So gorg! BTW your son is so freaking cute. He melts my heart all day, everyday.

Ashley Brickner said...

BEAUTIFUL nursery and he is just so handsome!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Julia Ryan said...

love love love that nursery. You can totally recreate that and yours picks so far are perfection. I totally agree about not going too crazy with the nursery. Let's face it, there rooms become so full once they're here that less is best. And we want that little dreamboat to sleep, leave the stimulation for the family room! We love those Serena and Lilly jammas too. Have you seen the cuteness line they have for babies? My nephew rocked them at the beach and they were perfection. He was super comfy and looked crazy stylish in onesies!

Julie said...

Love that nursery. I think those accessories are precious (especially the animal prints)

E Hayes said...

looks great, I'm so drawn to black and whites this time around too for our new nursery. Just waiting to see if boy or girl to pick out some prints to add some oomph!

Can't wait to see it come together!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Wow - that nursery is gorgeous. I love that it's not babyish...

Anne said...

That nursery is spot on! So chic!
Sterling just gets cuter by the minute!

erica said...

Oh my word, could you son get any cuter?! That nursery is so cute... I can't wait to see how you create yours. xx

Letra said...

OMG Sterling is seriously adorable! What a heartbreaker. The nursery design looks amazing. Love how it feels gender neutral + so elegant.

Xx,
Letra

Jill said...

that gold trunk to TDF!!!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Beautiful nursery. If we have another baby I want something gender neutral and sleek and modern. How freaking cute is Sterling? He DOES have great hair. Adorable pjs. Heading over to S&L to check them out for my little man. Cant wait to find out what you are having! Little boy or little girl?

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

In super mega love with that nursery and your picks, is going to look fabulous!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

That is definitely on my list of all time favorite nurseries...girl is a design GENIUS. And I just love those souk rugs, they look like I could just take a nap right there on that fluffy, furry floor (c; And darn those doctors for wanting to be "sure" on the gender...why they gotta make us wait??? (c;

natasha {schue love} said...

Such a stunning nursery! And she has the same crib! Love it! Love the pattern on the chair too! I am sure you can find a pattern that's budget friendly to match!

Brittany said...

I think the Togo is probably discontinued. Here's a link that contains a link with an affordable spotted fabric round-up. There's definitely some cute options. Love that room! Loving black and white lately.

http://www.huntedinterior.com/search?q=Spotted&m=1

Portuguese Prepster said...

I love the animal print shop frames! they are the perfect touch!

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

That's the nursery of my dreams, too... And I don't have any bebes now or in my near future. And that little boy of yours is already such a heart throb! Gimme that hair of his!!

www.XoLindsay.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness it's perfect. I love all the metallic touches. And that b&w club chair with the gold base!??! DYING. I love your board you made. Sharon Montrose photographs are perfect for a nursery!! xo

misslily said...

your son is off the charts adorable!

Unknown said...

This nursery is one of my absolute favorites too!! I love the spotted rocker and all of the neutral tones in the room!! Can't wait to see what you do :)

Melissa W. said...

Love that nursery! Costco carries Hanna Anderson pj's too! I bought them by the bazillions for my three!

Tobe | BIA said...

approved. make that nursery happen!! erin's is amazing. one of my faves, too. i was planning to repurpose a navy moroccan rug, but am getting the beni bug. i kinda want one, too....decisions decisions.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Oooh, I love that funky chair!

I also think there is nothing cuter than a kid in tight little jammies like those!

Nat said...

Gorgeous nursery! I love that chair fabric!