Wednesday, June 26, 2013

White Cheddar Chive Pimento Cheese


I almost dubbed this the best pimento cheese ever, because that is how much I loved it.  I am addicted to Pimento Cheese, feels better just admitting it. I know it is not huge up North but us Southerners love it. Even sweet Sterling gobbles up Pimento Cheese sandwiches, he loves the creamy cheesy goodness too.  I have tried every pimento cheese out there, promise I have.  If I am buying I prefer Palmetto or My 3 Sons but when I have time I really prefer homemade.  

I stumbled upon this recipe in the new issue of Southern Living (which by the way has quickly become one of my favorite magazines). This month's issue is particularly amazing, all the recipes had my mouth watering.   I whipped up this pimento cheese this past weekend and it did not disappoint.  Even Matt said "As far as pimento cheese goes this is the best I have ever had." It is that good,  trust me folks. We ate it with crackers and smeared on thin white bread for sandwiches,  so amazingly good. The flavors just work together perfectly.  This is going to be my go-to pimento cheese recipe.
Enjoy!

:: W H I T E  C H E D D A R  C H I V E  P I M E N T O  C H E E S E ::
Featured in Southern Living July 2013 Issue

-1 12 oz block of white cheddar cheese shredded
-1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 4 oz jar pimentos rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup freshly diced chives
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon worschestire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.

Grate half the cheese using the large holes in a box grater and the remaining half with the small holes.  Stir together Mayo and next 6 ingredients.  Stir in cheese until blended.  Let sit 15 minutes.  Serve immediately or chill up to 3 days.

14 comments:

Natalie said...

Mm your Southern recipes are my favorite -- looks so so good! Bookmarking this now.

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

That sounds delicious!!! I've always wondered if you can make pimiento cheese with plain greek yogurt?! Hmmmm. May have to try it. I love my PC spicy!!! This would be amazing as a burger topping!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

you really can't beat homemade pimento cheese, but agree palmetto cheese is best store bought. i'll have to try this recipe. imagine it on your little blts.

Julia Ryan said...

Okay, we've never strayed from Matthew's original recipe but I think this could be a really fun new one to try!

Sonny said...

Ok- confession: I just googled pimento bc I had no idea what it was! And yes, I'm from up "north" (aka Philly). Lol!! :)

Heather (GurleeGirrl) said...

This northern girl loves pimiento cheese!! That recipe sounds and looks amazing! Can't wait to try it!

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

Looks looks absolutely delicous! Thanks for sharing.


xo-Laura

www.simplylowcountry.com

Tobe | BIA said...

i should not want to eat that right this second, but i do.

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

I am a pimento cheese addict. I recently got a really good recipe at the Cooks class we did downtown, but I have to admit...this looks better! Must try soon.

Alicia xoxxo said...

I will be making this for sure! I cant find any pimento cheese here, so I will be buying the ingredients to make this today! Thank for sharing!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I can honestly say I have never had pimento cheese. Sad right? I bet I would love it. I am a Cheesehead and love all cheese. :-)

Looks amazing!

Candice said...

I saw this in the magazine, and planned it making it too! Now, I'll just make is sooner.

I thought this last one was SO good. I was just telling me Mom yesterday that I felt like every article was tailored just to me!

And every location they featured in either one that we live in, or vacation to...I dog-eared so many pages!

Taylor said...

YUM - love me some pimento cheese!

www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Val said...

Mouth watering delicious.