Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Butternut Squash Ravioli with Kale Pesto + 2 Sale Pieces

You guys I made ravioli and it was so good!!  Before Christmas I was in a bit of a cooking rut and this recipe re-inspired me.  To make the ravioli you use wonton shells and I was surprised how similar to regular pasta it was once they cooked.  Take note this recipe is not hard but it does require a few steps and a little extra time.  Two things you could do ahead are make the pesto and the butternut filling.   You could also just regular store bought pesto if you don't want to make your own.  

  I used these biscuit cutters to make the circles.



I still eventually want to buy a pasta maker but for now I am so glad to know that wonton shells work perfectly.  Next time I may try a sweet potato filling!
Enjoy!


|| B U T T E R N U T  S Q U A S H   R A V I O L I ||
(ps if you don't already you should follow @pinchofyum on instagram her recipes and videos are amazing)

- 4 cups cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- chopped fresh sage and thyme
- salt and pepper
- wonton wrappers (found in the produce section near mushrooms and bag lettuce)
- 1 egg, whisked

In a food processor or blender mix together the first 6 ingredients.  Using a biscuit cutter cut the wontons into circles.  Place the wontons on a baking sheet with parchment paper so they don't stick.  Then scoop a small spoonful of filling on each one.  Brush around the edges with the whisked egg then place another wonton shell on top pressing the edges.  
Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the ravioli 5 minutes.  Serve with pesto and fresh Parmesan cheese.  

 || K A L E  P E S T O ||
1/3 cup walnuts
3 cups chopped kale
Kosher salt
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Mix all in food processor.  

................................................................
I also wanted to share 2 pieces that are on major sale.  

This dress is now 40% off and only $35.  I sized up to a medium since it was junior's sizing.  It also comes in 3 other colors. 

This Off Shoulder Blouse is now only $22!  I am wearing a small.





No comments: