Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Favorite Buys From 2016

Happy 2017!  I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years.  We rang it with some of our best friends and had so much fun.  
Each year I like to do a round-up of a few of my favorite finds from that previous year.   Here is the 2016 edition!

Hands down my favorite jeans.  They sit higher up and provide the perfect amount of stretch without stretching out too much.  My favorite style is the Newton skinny.  I just recently got this darker wash and love it.


One of my favorite finds last year.  I love the fit and style so much I own it on 3 colors.  Size down as it runs on the large side.  I wear an XS in this style.

The green version is currently 30% off.

This is perfect to toss on over leggings or jeans and on sale for 40% off.

These are super light and easy to dress up any outfit although I often wear mine with just jeans and a tee shirt.


I own these in almost every color.  If you don't have high waisted leggings you are missing out!  I just ordered the new black/white print pictured below.

These are so comfy and go with everything.  

These changed my life.  I was always looking for comfy shoes but didn't want to wear my nikes everyday.  


I could not resist this blush/velvet combo.

This is like a hybrid between lipstick and gloss and it really stays on.  I own the colors Tender Beige, Milky Blueberry, and Soft Rose.

My two favorite cookbook purchases from last year.



These are a fairly recent purchase but they are on constant repeat everyday.  I have the gold and rose gold colors and wear them together. 

I love a good mask and this is one I do at least once a week.  Your skin feels amazing afterwards and you can also use it as spot treatment for zits.  Best part is it on sale right now!
I also love the Colleen Rothschild clarifying detox mask.  I alternate between the 2.  It is currently on sale as well.  Use code EOY2016 to save an additional 20% off the mask and any other CR products.  This is a line that was new to me this year.  I had the pleasure of meeting the founder and I have to say I love every product I have tried from this line.   The eye cream, intense hydrating mask and gel cleanser are a few other favorites.  Now is a great time to try them since they are all on sale + additional 20% off.


For the price ($32) this is such a gorgeous ring.  I ordered a size larger than my ring finger so I could wear it on my middle or pointer finger.  I get compliments every time I wear this ring.

I was so excited when I got a new bottle of these in my stocking this Christmas.  This is a great way to boost your greens intake.  Each tablet contains 8 greens (spinach, wheatgrass, kale, blue green algae, spirulina, chorella, barley grass, and aloe vera).  You just dissolve the tablet in water and drink it.  I find it really helps my energy, I use these on days I don't feel like juicing.  


Lastly,  this is one item I am hoping to purchase in 2017, a Vitamix.  I would love to hear from any of you that have a Vitamix-  do you love it?  and how often you actually use it?   and is it worth the money?
I love this new copper base version.






13 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have a vitamix and am SO disapointed in it! It really doesn't blend things well unless you add a lot of liquid. My mom and sister both have blendtecs and those are much better!

Mary said...

I was on then fence too, about the vitamix, but glad I bought it! They had a demonstration at Costco, and people that had one were walking by saying to buy it, so I finally did! I make smoothies every single day. I chopped nuts at Christmas. I've made soups - they are hot from the blender! It's amazing. So awesome, I got another one for our summer house! Go for it - you'll love it! Happy new year!

Unknown said...

Buy the Vitamix!!! I bought mine about two years ago and have used it consistently every week since. Used it last night to make a simple dressing for lunches this week and will be using it every morning this week for our breakfast protein smoothies. The container is also super simple to wash. You won't regret.

Brooke said...

Yes, yes, yes on the Vitamix! I received one for Christmas last year and I use it all of the time. I've made everything from my son's baby food, soups, salad dressing, and daily smoothies for our entire family in it. You will not regret purchasing it!

Kelsey said...

I second (or third) the Vitamix love! They are truly amazing! We use ours almost every day for smoothies. I also use it for pureeing soups, making sauces, mixing pancake batter (and then you can pour the pancake batter from the spout and NO MESS), etc. Does it make peanut butter or chop veggies? No. But its not really supposed to. If you eat really healthy and love smoothies and juicing you will love the Vitamix. I will make a huge smoothie with an organic pastured egg added in raw and the heat from the motor warms it enough to take away any risk of bacteria and then I'm getting an extra shot of protein also! I am way way obsessed! Best kitchen tool we own!

Ann + Robert said...

I love my Vitamix! It makes the best smoothies! You should definitely get one as much as you enjoy cooking- You will not regret it

Unknown said...

I have had my Vitamix for 5 years and absolutely love it!!!! I must buy!!

Katie Fitzpatrick said...

We have a vitamix, and I like it fine, but probably wouldn't buy it again. I was convinced that we had to have it, and my husband thought I was crazy when I told him all the things I would do with it (incluing making my own baby food), and now it's a fancy smoothie maker. If you are committed to using it for other purposes, it's probably not a bad buy, but I would have chosen something different for making my protein shakes :)

travelkate said...

Love our vitamix and use it almost daily! It's especially great with kids to get their greens. I put spinach/kale in every smoothie, and they can't taste it with the fruit. I always use a base of coconut water. You won't regret it! Ps. Kind of mad you showed me the copper one bc now I want it and already have the white haha.

A Dash of Pretty said...

BIG yes to the Vitamix! I use mine daily almost always. It's amazing for sauces, soups, smoothies, juices, blended coffees, dips, dressings, etc. I cannot say enough great things about a piece of kitchen equipment!

ries2 said...

I love my Vitamix! I use it several times a week. I have 4 young children and watch 3 others part time. I make them smoothies at snack time...incorporating spinach, whole fruits, Greek yogurt, etc, and the kids love it! I love that the vitamix completely pulverizes the seeds, apple skins, etc, so the kids never complain about seeds or chunks in their smoothies like they used to when I had a Ninja. Cleanup is a total breeze - something I need while watching 7 kids! I also have a large garden and have been making and freezing my own tomato sauce for years. Prior to the vitamix, I used a foley mill to hand crank the seeds and skins out of the sauce. It would take me anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes per batch. Now I put whole tomatos in my vitamix and it completely blends up the seeds and skins in under two minutes. I love, love, love my vitamix!!!

Taylor said...

My biggest wedding registry regret is doing the Ninja instead of the Vitamix! My girlfriends and I always go in together on one for our friends now because those of us that have it love it, and the others like me know someone will love it!
I do love my Nutribullet Pro for my smoothies... but for juicing like yours, I know the Vitamix will be amazing!
I love that bracelet of yours it looks just like one I've eyed for forever but at a much better price!

The Sarcastic Blonde

Caz Wilson said...

I love my Vitamix and have that exact model. I like the automatic models for "set it and forget it" model - you set it to smoothie - it makes a smoothie and switches itself off - same with the cleaning. I use at least every other day.