Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Grilled Shrimp With Cilantro, Lime and Peanuts

You might remember the picture of my Thai Noodle bowl from Monday.  Well this is the Shrimp recipe we used to go on top of our noodles.   We will be making this shrimp many more times.  It was honestly the perfect combination of flavors and so easy to make.  We sauteed our shrimp instead of grilling them- we prefer them that way, but I am sure they are delish grilled.    I am hungry just thinking about this dish.

This shrimp would be tasty on a salad as well, but if you want to recreate our dish we used Rice Stick Noodles (found in the asian foods section of the grocery) and Bok Choy.  Little secret I have never cooked Bok Choy before but now I love it. 

I googled a few recipes but ultimately made up my own. 

SAUTEED BOK CHOY
4 bundles of Bok Choy, washed and sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove minced
1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Sautee Bok Choy in olive oil until cooked slightly.  Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook a few minutes until fragrantly.


The combination was great.  I layered the Bok Choy on the cooked Rice Stick Noodles, then added the Shrimp and drizzled the whole thing with Sriracha.  Such an amazing meal!




Grilled Shrimp With Cilantro, Lime, and Peanuts
Ingredients
2 limes
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 pound (about 15) jumbo shrimp, shells on
2 teaspoons safflower oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
2 scallions, finely chopped

Directions
1.Zest limes into a bowl. Squeeze in juice from 1 lime, and whisk in fish sauce and sugar.
2.Preheat grill to high. Brush shrimp with oil on both sides, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill until pink and firm to the touch, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
3.Toss shrimp with fish-sauce mixture, cilantro, peanuts, and scallions. Juice remaining lime over shrimp

Top picture and recipe via

15 comments:

Kristin | o.m.Gee! said...

thai and shrimp...a fave combo of mine! we will definitely be trying this soon! glad to find you from sadie and stella!

Natalie said...

I always say this, but you have the BEST recipes! Can't wait to try this.

Julia Ryan said...

I seriously can't wait to make this recipe. Matthew and LOVE shrimp and so does Wells so this will be perfect!

Mary Loyal said...

this look phenom! can't wait to try it. i've always been intimidated to cook bok choy either but i want to try soon... perhaps this will be the test! :)

Ashley said...

um...YUM! can you please come be my personal chef?!? But seriously...I always love your recipes, but I have some seriously picky eaters in my house (including the hubs)! :( So annoying!

Becca | Lowlife Couture said...

oh that looks amazing, I love anything shrimp, especially since the season just started!

The Daily Stroll said...

This looks amazing! Can't wait to try it!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Still waiting for my dinner invitation. I promise I'll bring some badass wine. Or maybe you could start a meals to go business... :)

High Cotton Style said...

Looks delish. Will have to try!

Nat said...

You are the queen of recipes! I'm a huge thai food and shrimp fan so I'm definitely book marking this one.

natasha {schue love} said...

Oh I need to make this shrimp STAT!! Yuummm! Right up my alley!

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to try this! Sounds delish.

Val said...

I could almost cry that's how much I'm loving this...............LOVE

KatiePerk said...

We made a riff of this last night and it was divine! Thanks for sharing. What did I do before I knew of Srichacha?

Sadie + Stella said...

Ummmmm made this tonight. Huge hit. Huge. Hit. Obsessed!!!