Monday, May 14, 2012

Word To Your Mom

Since it was Mother's Day I decided to head home and spend some time with my mom and Matt's mom.  His parents are moving so we worked at an estate sale helping them- I got a few great pieces, pictures to come later.  Matt's car conveniently broke down so he got a free weekend in Charleston alone.  I however had such a great time with my mom and family, always do.  Wish we lived in the same city.

For mother's day, we had a big brunch and I brought my mom a bouquet of peonies.  My favorite flowers.
Me, mom , and my sister after brunch.
I made this Egg, Sausage, and Sun-dried Tomato Casserole for Brunch.  It is always a hit, you can find the recipe under my recipes tab.  Make it you will love it.

We watched The Descendants over the weekend.  I had been dying to see it but honestly did not love it.  The story line was a little too weird and sad for me.  I did think George Clooney did a great job acting and looking handsome:)

The day before I left town I found this sweet concrete fish on the side of the road. Sterling and I were on a bike ride when I found it so I quickly went back and got my car and picked this heavy fish up. I mean this thing must weigh 50 lbs. I going to repaint it just can't decide what color. Any thoughts?
Lastly I leave you this picture of my sweet baby who made my Mother's Day very special!

24 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Paint it turquoise me thinks. I am on a major turquoise/teal kick. We just painted our door turquoise. Do it. Or coral!

Leslie said...

Looks like a great weekend! Turquoise sounds like a great color to me. :)

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

I bet it would look awesome painted gold or brass!! Looks like a great Mother Day weekend!! I will for sure have to try that dish for brunch! xoxo

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

So glad you had a nice Mother's Day weekend. I think Matt owes you a brunch next weekend :)

Georgine said...

I think the fish would be great spray painted Rustoleum's 'Saftey Red' Spray Enamel at Home Depot. Jenny from Little Green Notebook used it on her console table here: http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/2009/10/office.html.
Or if it seems like you don't have a lot of red in your home, try and dark navy spray paint and put the fish on your deck or back porch! :) (just be sure to use a poly on top of the spray paint to protect from weather/wear). XOXO

lizziefitz said...

I was thinking cobalt blue;)

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! What a great find!

Kim @ keller-creative said...

Those flowers are gorgeous. I would spray the fish blue or orange. Those are just the two colors I cant seem to get away from right now!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Your little one is so adorable- I really can't stand it!! You and your mom and sister look lovely. Happy Mother's Day dear!

Sarah Hawkins said...

Can't wait to see the finds from the estate sale! I love your necklace! Where did you get it?

natasha {schue love} said...

The peonies are gorgeous...and so are you!! Glad you had a great weekend!

White Lacquer said...

You lucky girl!! That fish has me speechless. Since I have an addiction, I would go with gold.

Xx. Patience

Nat said...

I say paint it a fun bright color! You, your sister and mom all look a like! Sterling is so adorable!

Kyle said...

I am obsessed with Estate sales! You can really find some amazing treasures. Your fish is very cool. I would paint him either deep orange, coral or white. Navy could be fun, too. Your son is just too adorable!

Jill said...

I have made your egg dish before, it is yummy!! I love that fish, maybe a really high gloss white would look pretty...I know you will do something fabulous with it

Taylor said...

oh my lord he just gets cuter and cuter it kills me!! looks like a great weekend - that breakfast casserole looks so yummy!

xo
http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Brooke said...

Love the bubble necklace - adorable!

Painting it the same turquoise could be awesome! :)

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

xo,
Brooke
www.decorgreat.blogspot.com

Pris said...

Peonies are seriously just the best flowers ever! Need to get my hands on some soon!

Val said...

Looks like you had the most wonderful Mother's Day!!! Your little man is the cutest!

Oh Sunnie Day said...

The flowers are gorgeous! Looks like you had a beautiful weekend

xx

jen

Annemarie said...

So much gorgeousness in this post! I love it all! That pink J.Crew is now going on my wishlist! xo

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

You and your mom look so much alike!!

Melly said...

Hi Natalie!

I love the necklace and cream top you are wearing, could you share where you got them?

Thanks!
Melissa

Unknown said...

Natalie - I love your blog! So adorable. I will be reading it regularly now!
www.QueenBeeofBeverlyHills -Designer Handbags