Thursday, May 17, 2012

Search For The Perfect Tee, Gwyneth, and Lunch Love

I feel like I have finally built the perfect collection of jeans.  I have added white, green, and yellow jeans to the mix for the summer.  Plus I have several pairs of blue and black jeans that I really love.  And truth be told I am really enjoying wearing something different than my regular old blue jeans.  However, my blue jeans were easy to pair tops with, I am having more of an issue with my skinny colored jeans.  I have several blouses that I like to wear with them but darn if I am getting sick of dry cleaning all my blouses.  You see my little man is super messy and dirty so my shirts are usually filthy by the end of the day. 

What I would like is a few t-shirts in basic colors: black, white, navy, grey, maybe even a stripe to wear with my jeans.  I would like the shirts to be longer, not too fitted but not so loose that it looks like a nightshirt.   Also I don't want pockets or anything else on them.  Lately,  I have been loving my JCrew Vintage tees but I want to branch out.  Any suggestions for great tees and tanks?  What are your favorite go-to brands for tee shirts?

A few I am considering buying.
This looks like a cute fitting tee.  I have never ordered from ASOS before though,  wondering if the shirt will be too thin....

I have a white tank from Michael Stars that I love.  It is not see through and fits perfect.  I dig the style of both these white tees.  I also think they would be perfect for layering in the fall.

I always love Vince tees. They are a bit pricey but fit really well.
Thoughts? Which tee do you vote for?
My style icon continues to be Gwennie.  How fab does she look at the airport?  She never disappoints.  Off to copy this outfit.  Pretty sure I own everything to recreate a similar look.
It is hot as heck here but it already has me thinking I need a blazer for this fall.  Just look at Gwennie's collection.  Fierce.

I have a new lunch Obsession.  Hummus Veggie Wraps.  I used to eat this all the time at Earthfare but decided to create my own.  It is so easy and delish.  Just layer hummus and your veggies of choice on a tortilla.  Wrap and Enjoy.  Veggies I use = carrots, spinach, tomatoes, red onions, cucumber, olives and avocado.  I also use the sundried-tomato flavor tortilla wraps.


Happy Thursday.  T-Minus one day til the weekend!

30 comments:

Jill said...

This is so funny but yesterday i swear I made the exact lunch. I usually get one at the Nordstrom cafe so yesterday I decided to recreate one myself, I think it is a great lunch.

I love the blazers, it has gotten so hot here as well I might have to wait until october to wear one!!

Julia Ryan said...

good grief I'm with you on the drycleaning blouse problem. That's my favorite look, yet somehow doesn't work when Tagg still spits up or drools all day long and poor Wells can't seem to keep her hands clean no matter how hard she tries. Bless her heart she hates "yuckies" on her hands yet they somehow end up more on me than anything. I am also on the hunt and will share anything I find. I saw a mom in target in a really cute "blouse" that looked super cute with white jeans but was cotton t-shirt material on closer inspection. Yes, I stalked. I stopped short of asking her where she got it and now I totally regret it. And your lunch looks so yummy! I'm a bit jealous you get to eat such a fresh heatlhy, made just for you lunch. I usually eat right off Wells' tray. Yes, sadly I eat what my 21 month old is too good for. nice.

Sadie + Stella said...

Ok. So Michael stars tees are generally super thin. Well the kind you are looking at so I would advise against. Love the Vince tees. Have you checked style mint?? They always have cute tees. Also love this wrap idea. I had something similar for lunch the other day at Jason's deli and thought it would be easy to recreate!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Ohhh that wrap looks delish!!! Yummy!!
Ok, I have found the best t-shirts. And they are at Banana. I need shirts that are long, bc I am tall, and these are def long enough! Great fit w/out being too tight, and they wash up perfectly! I have been hunting for the perfect tee for ages! Also, JCrew has great tee, the regular ones, not the vintage fit really great! I love blazers too! It is getting too hot here as well. But I wore my hot pink blazer in LA last week and I am hoping to add more to my collection. Yellos, maybe?

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

MMMM I need to try making those wraps, look good, and healthy. As for the tees, why don't you pop around to some of the local stores so you can try them on. The perfect tee is so hard. And love asos, they're easy b/c it's free shipping both ways.

17 Perth said...

That wrap looks delicious!! It is so easy--but so healthy. love it.

Meg ~ Chasing Pink Fireflies said...

I love blazers. My favorite summer one is an old blue and white striped J. Crew one with cropped sleeves. I just ordered their green linen one as well! T-shirts are the worst because I feel like the style now is to make them tissue thin and I hate having to wear a cami underneath! I've heard good things about the Target ones for summer - and at $8 each, you can stock up in case they shrink or lose their shape!

Leslie said...

I'm a huge fan of blazers, but it's ridiculous in the summer because it's so hot here. Gwennie has great style! I love the idea of a veggie humus wrap; I think I'm going to make those next week!

Sarah said...

I blogged about "Market" tees a while ago - they are amazing. Soft, not too thin or thick and come in cute colors and shapes. I always find them at local boutiques, but I know they have a website too.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

OhMy goodness. I posted that exact picture of Gwennie today and copied her in my outfit!! Great minds think alike right?

And it's still darn cold here. :-(

Amanda Leigh said...

That wrap looks delicious! Where do you find the Sun dried Tomato Wrap? I need to re create!!

Tess said...

Ummm that hummus wrap looks beyond amazing. I seriously need to give that a try because it looks really filling and super low cal. Thanks for the idea! I'll be pinning it now ;)

natasha {schue love} said...

I really like the ASOS tee...looks like it fits well! And I love Gwny's cute blazers!!

Sassy In The South said...

Gwyneth looks amazing, per usual. Love the jeans she is wearing in the outfit at the airport. That veggie/hummus wrap looks delish!

Bud and Leo said...

Gwennie at the airport was RIDIC! She is so perfect and I love the beachy waves!

Baby Shopaholic said...

First you just made me super hungry! I feel you on the tees, I love the ones you picked. Gwen is rocking those blazers!

Marche' said...

Gap has an amazing new collection of tees! They have some cute striped ones and tanks. They were having a sale on them recently!

Boston Brit said...

I bought three linen t's from Zara this spring - black, white and lavender. I wear them like crazy. I do need a cami under them but I like that look so I'm fine with it.

Z said...

Amazing looking wraps! Mmm!
Also Love that Asos tee - I have ordered from Asos a few times now and have never had a problem! You can return things but unfortunately I don't think the free shipping applies for returns (you have to pay postage to the UK) :(

xx
when-the-dog-bites.bogspot.ca

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Yes, I adore Gwenyth's style too. Not too contrived.... perfectly imperfect. Your lunch seems perfectly yummy too!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I just picked up the new 'perfect t' from the gap this weekend...it's got a good amount of stretch, thick enough the lumps don't show through, and the sleeves hit at a flattering spot. Oh, and it's long enough to cover what needs covering. They are $5 off right now...$10 is a good price for a really good tee!

Taylor said...

the blazer gwynneth has on in the middle picture is perfection!! I have never ordered T's from asso but have dresses and love them. I think they offer free returns??? So maybe it'd be a risk worth taking?? Or piper lime definitely does to try some options out! I have a few v-neck's from gap that I love that are SO soft, and a few Jcrew that I love too!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

I actually really love the boyfriend t's from Target. They have a lot of colors and are SO comfy! They are my summer staple!

Ellen said...

What brand are your dishes?? Love the simplicity yet fun look!

Unknown said...

the wrap looks delish! I have been making wraps for lunch also. so easy, fresh, and healthy.

Unknown said...

Veggie/Hummus wraps are my favorite. Yours looks so so good.

And I love all these shirts as well as Gwyneth's style.

megan said...

That wrap looks amazing!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Those wraps look seriously delicious, and it happens that I have some homemade hummus, veggies and wraps in my fridge so you just gave me a great idea for my lunch tomorrow ;)
Anthro has some great tees, check them out!

Pink Flamingo Style said...

From my experience Michael stars tees will be too sheer if it's a light color. They are super comfortable but I always ended up layering, which defeated the whole jeans and a tee idea.

Pink Flamingo Style said...

From my experience Michael stars tees will be too sheer if it's a light color. They are super comfortable but I always ended up layering, which defeated the whole jeans and a tee idea.