Monday, August 20, 2012

Found it: The Perfect Chambray Shirt

Good Monday Morning Ladies!  I am happy to report I am back from vacation, well rested and ready to tackle the world including the extra 5 lbs I gained while consuming way too much of anything and everything at the beach!

 The good news is, I have finally found the perfect Chambray Shirt.  Trust me when I say I have looked everywhere:  JCrew, Old Navy, Gap the list goes on.  Every shirt I tried on was too thick of a material, the wrong shade and/or made me look butch (ladies you all know what I am talking about,  some button-ups can make you look butch).  While on our beach vacay, my sister in law was wearing the cutest Chambray Shirt.  She let me try it on and it was love at first site. 


Here is what I like about this Chambray shirt compared to others: 
  • Fitted but not too fitted.
  • Love the lighter blue color
  • Super light weight.
  • Super comfortable and cute


Right now I love pairing the shirt with my white jean shorts.  Added bonus it looks cute with all my statement necklaces. (Don't mind the dead orchid in the corner of the top picture, I swear I can't keep any indoor plants alive).

  This is how I would rock the Chambray shirt this fall with two different looks.
Chambray For Fall




Ladies, seriously go to your nearest Madewell store or order online here.    It is free shipping and no sales tax for us Charleston gals or any city that doesnt have an actual Madewell storefront.  Trust me, you are going to want to add this shirt to your closet. 
Heads up it runs on the large side.  Mine is an extra-small and I usually wear a small, so order accordingly!

20 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

You. Are. Rocking. It. Girlfriend.

Kelly Shealy said...

Hey Natalie! I am friends with Caycee and have been "stalking" your blog for a while now - figured it was time to finally comment! Love your blog and all the great things you tell us about. I have been trying to find the perfect Chambray shirt and this morning I see that you have solved my problem. I will be ordering one! Thanks ;)

Kelly Shealy said...

Hey Natalie! I am friends with Caycee and have been "stalking" your blog for a while now - figured it was time to finally comment! Love your blog and all the great things you tell us about. I have been trying to find the perfect Chambray shirt and this morning I see that you have solved my problem. I will be ordering one! Thanks ;)

Julia Ryan said...

I am LOVING your outfit with the gold chains and white shorts. I'm going to need to drive up to DC asap and check out this madewell business in person. I love every single thing I see!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Ohhhh thank you for sharing!! I love it.

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Love it my friend. Great find.

viv said...

I love chambray and white!

Anonymous said...

aww you look so cute in that shirt!!! I have a bf style one but it's almost too big. I'll have to try this one! xo

Nuha said...

i think i'm officially a chambray shirt hoarder. i already own three and now i'm itching to buy this one. but it is basically a closet staple...

Portuguese Prepster said...

Just purchased a new chambray shirt at J.Crew. Love throwing them on with colored shorts for class! Love the white shorts and fun necklace look too.

Julie said...

Me want!!! Totally getting it.

Jill said...

you did all the dirty work for us, thanks for finding the shirt!!

Pris said...

So glad you found a good one! It is a necessary addition to every closet!

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Ooh I am in the market for a new Chambray shirt, thanks for sharing this find!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I got mine from J.Crew and Love it, looks really similar to this one, you'd think is Madewell ;)

Infashion Online said...

Amazing look thanks for share these picture on your blog.

Designer Leather Sandals

Lili said...

looks great in you! im in love pairing my chambray shirts with bib necklaces too!

Bud and Leo said...

soooooo cute! I love how lightweight it is! Mine is thick and it bothers me. I need this one.

Peaches Burlap Sack said...

Love it... my chambray is probably my go to shirt. It's so versatile and fun.

Sarah Condon said...

I have been looking for a great chambray shirt! I think I might try this one and see. Looks great!