Friday, August 10, 2012

Thoughts For Friday

I have to admit I have not been glued to the Olympics like most people- don't judge I just have a short attention span for sports and they make me so anxious.   I used to get so anxious at my little brother's basketball games.  Competitive sports bring out crazy anxiety in me!   I have tuned in for a few events mainly the swimming for one reason: Ryan Lochte.  Ok, is he not incredibly sexy?  I can't take my eyes off him and that body.


My little man has decided he now wants to dress himself.  He pitches a fit if I put him in something he doesn't like.  Makes me a little sad that our days of smocked outfits and jons-jons are coming to an end.  This is what he picked out this week.  Jeans and a sweater hat for 90 degree day + a t-shirt.  Ugh.


Went to an event for Fringe Boutique last and scored this adorable Maxi dress.  You can order one here.  Super affordable and super cute!


We are headed to the beach tomorrow for a week long vacay with my whole family!  I seriously live for this week every year.  We always have so much fun.  To spice things up a bit I am making infused Strawberry Vodka.  To use for Strawberry Basil Martinis.  I will report back if it is as good as it looks!


The Gap Friends and Family Event started yesterday and lasts thru Sunday, if you enter the code GAPFRIENDS, you get 30% off your entire purchase.  I think I am going to get a pair of these ankle zip jeans for fall.  Also loving the stripe cardigan.   They look so cute together and I feel like they would pieces I would wear often.

I also really want these for my little man.  They are skinny and kind of trendy but I think paired with a button up or classic sweater they would be so darn cute.  and with 30% they are pretty good deal!


I am smitten with this new Zucchini recipe I found on WayWay's blog.  It is so delish.  I had it for dinner and then again for lunch the next day.  Lately I can't get enough zucchini!
It is so simple all you do is slice Zucchini and roast with olive and oil and salt pepper at 400 degrees for about 20 mins.  Take out of oven and while warm toss with dressing of lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic and S&P.  Then add fresh basil and Parmesan cheese!


In case you are wondering my big "detox" lasted one day.  I am pathetic.  Oh well,  I ran today to combat the booze and food.  I am just not a summer dieter.  I have some great guest posts lined up for next week while I am vacationing,  involving designs for Sterling Big Boy Room, trust me you are going to want to see these!  Hopefully I will be back with a few pics from vacay to share as well.   Have a great weekend and stay cool!
  

23 comments:

pretty little things said...

what a pretty maxi on you!! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

I just made Smitten Kitchen's Zucchini Gratin and it is insanely delicious.

Julia Ryan said...

Okay, how is the worst timing ever that you're at the beach just as I leave? So sad! Second, I'm beyond obsessed with those colored skinnies for Sterling. I'm getting Tagg a pair. He has a little button down that's monogrammed on the pocket like Matt's work shirts and I'm pretty pumped for his little man outfits for fall. Unfortunately Tagg will outgrow the bubbles and jon-jon's long before he's old enough to tell me no. So far Sterls is doing a precious job of dressing himself. Just only keep pieces in his room that you don't mind him combining! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Ryan Lochte is hot but an ultra douche. Better option: Nathan Adrian, a modern day Adonis. xoxo

Unknown said...

That maxi is stunning on you! I love it!

Kerr said...

I just heard about fringe Boutique and I love it! So much cute affordable stuff.

Courtney said...

I never get tired of looking at Lochte-wowza! And what a great quote-have a fun weekend:)

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Oh girl I think Sterling looks adorbs :) I can't wait to see what he picks to wear to lunch today. And you look so great in that dress!! xx

Anne said...

Love Love that dress on you! I do believe it's calling my name as well...

Have a wonderful vacay!

blue chickadee said...

Loving your new Maxi dress and how good is that zucchini combo?! Have a great week at the beach, can't wait to hear how the strawberry infused vodka turns out!!!

Pris said...

I have a pair of Gap Ankle Zip jeans and they are my favorite jeans! Think I need to pick up another pair for fall!

Baby Shopaholic said...

That swimmer is FYNE! Sterling looks adorbs in his outfit he picked out! Love your maxi too! Have a great vacay!

Jordan said...

Your son is afreakingdorable! And I love that maxi dress :)

megan said...

Love Sterling's outfit..I always love to see what kids want to wear when they get to pick. :) Have fun at the beach!

Tess said...

I love that maxi on you - I think it's the blue! Def. let us know how the strawberry concoction turns out! Have a fab weekend, friend!

Natalie said...

Love that maxi on you! And oh man ...Ryan Lochte. Have you seen this video though? Poor guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNsaZupofSw

Arielle Wren said...

I just discovered your blog and I am completely enamoured! Your son is absolutely adorable!
Arielle

sillymessychic.blogspot.com

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Matthew is on the same bandwagon, except his wants to wears his Pj's out! Thank Goodness is a tab cold here so I put a polo shirt over ;)
Gorgeous maxi dress!

Sadie + Stella said...

Happy vacay!!! My first day of detox ended in taco bell. Fail.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Oh girl, Lochte is some gorgeous eye candy for sure...I think the hubby was secretly happy when the swimming events were over (c: And I'm just not a dieter...ever...for some reason, my self control when I know I'm not supposed to have junk is nil. Otherwise, it's pretty good...wth??? Have fun on vacay, can't wait to see what's cooked up for Sterling's room!

Val said...

Your cocktail looks yummy...I can't wait to hear about it. Loving the color and style of your Maxi/

Unknown said...

Same things going on here! I have those gap items in my cart, haven't watched the olympics, and I need that dress! xo

Lili said...

omg, how did i miss F&F?!?!? grrrrr