Friday, August 3, 2012

Honored.

I went back and forth about writing about this on my blog, but ultimately decided I wanted to share because darn it, I am proud of myself.  I shared awhile back that Charleston Magazine asked me to contribute to their local online blog,  CharlestonGrit.  I have been doing this for several months now and love it!  If you are a local you should definitely be reading it, it is filled with so many diverse topics and stories that highlight not only the low country but anything and everything!  Last Thursday night, they had  a happy hour party to thank us bloggers and to give out a few awards.

The party was held at Rebekah Jacobs Gallery on Upper King Street.  The location was perfect.  Rebekah houses some really amazing art in her gallery.
  

There was an entire wall filled with photographs that were knock your socks off good.  This is Matt browsing, but boo he didn't let me buy anything.


Matt and I hung out and chatted with the owner Rebekah for a long time, such a great gal with insane taste in artwork!


They provided us with amazing food catered by Newton Farms and delicious beer and wine.  I was a happy camper.


Now, onto the exciting part,  I won the award for most viewed blogger!  I was honestly shocked!  I mean of course I write about what inspires me, but I wasn't sure who all would want to read what I write!  This is me and Rory Johnson and Ellen McGauley, my two favorite gals at Charleston Magazine after I won my award.



This is all of us winners:
{John F Abess, Desmond Kinlaw, Me, Chassity, and Andrew Peterson ]


I debated so long about to wear that night having no clue I would win an award!  I just wanted to look cute.   I ultimately choose my DVF Maxi dress and I think it was a good choice.  I bought this maxi dress almost 5 years ago right before Matt and I got married.  I wore it the day after our wedding for our plane flight to St. Thomas for our honeymoon, so it holds a special place in my heart.


I am honored each and every day that you guys take the time to read my blog.  This blog brings so much happiness and inspiration to my life.  I truly love writing it and your comments always make my day.  So big thank you to all my wonderful readers who want to read all the random crap that I write because most of the time my mind is all over the place.  I am a lucky girl to have found a creative outlet I love.   And extra big thank you to Charleston Magazine for asking me to be a blogger for their new blog! I am happy to be part of such a great team. 
You can check out my posts on Charleston Grit HERE!  

______________________________________

Yesterday I forgot to mention i was guest posting on Dominique's awesome blog, COMFY COZY COUTURE!  Her blog is one of my new finds and I love it!  She has great style and taste!  I am sharing my favorite Summer recipe for Shrimp Nachos!  Check it out HERE and show Dominique some love!
Happy weekend! xoxo


photos via Charleston Grit

50 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Congratulations Natalie!! You deserve it. Your blog is one of my favorites and I look forward to reading it every day.

donna said...

Congratulations! Love your blog and enjoy reading about your random musings.

Keely said...

Congrats Natalie! AS others have said, I look forward to your blog and you do a wonderful job! So inspiring and relatable! Best wishes on continued success,

Catie said...

Congratulations! That is such an honor. I am a fairly new reader and love all of your obsession and recipe posts. Keep blogging away!

Kyle said...

So neat! Congrats!! Your blog is the first one that I read each morning. : )

17 Perth said...

Woo woo!!! Congrats!!! Love the dress you are wearing!! Sounds like you had a fantastic evening.

17 Perth said...

And so glad you shared it with us.

Katie said...

Congratulations!! I read your blog every morning with my coffee and I love that you are always real! Keep it up! :)

Kerr said...

Congrats! Gorgeous dress. Love the story with it too.

caycee said...

So freaking proud of my girl!!!! loves you boo!!!!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, girlie! Very much deserved!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

So happy for you sweetie. You look gorgeous and rock so much :)

Jess said...

Shrimp nachos look insane! Congrats, you deserve it. Be proud of yourself:)

pretty little things said...

congrats girl thats great! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Liz said...

You deserve it Natalie! Congratulations :)

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

You are amazing!!! Congrats! Very very well deserved. And you looked gorg at the party!

Unknown said...

Congrats Natalie...that is so exciting!! Thanks for sharing one of your fave recipes over at Comfy Cozy Couture! It was so much fun having you over! XoXo

Leslie said...

I really love your blog, so I'm thrilled to hear that you won an award! :) It looks like an amazing celebration.

Virginia said...

Congrats girl! You should definitely be SO proud!! I'm glad that you decided to share this with us! I never wake up early enough to read all of the blogs I follow before I have to get ready for work, but I always make sure I am able to read your blog first before I hop out of bed. That dress is gorgeous! Have a great weekend!!

Christine {Our Traveling Nest} said...

Congrats on the award! Also, love the Shrimp Nachos. I've made them several times, so delicious!

KatiePerk said...

Way to go!! You are a blogging badass!!

Pretty in Pink said...

awesome! congrats- love the dress.

Portuguese Prepster said...

Congrats Natalie! I love reading your blog everyday because you always write about a fun variety of topics and you have great style!

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Congratulations, you look beautiful too.

Beth @ Free Stylin' said...

Hey Natalie! I'm one of those readers who checks in often but rarely comments. I absolutely love your blog. Congratulations on your award. You truly deserve it! I really enjoy checking out your recipes (I pin almost all of them!), and you have a fabulous sense of style. Keep up the great work! :)

Emma (Glitter and Gold) said...

Congrats! you deserve to be proud . . . you are a great blogger and mama-bear! and i LOVE your DVF maxi . . . great buy

Kathryn {love, raleigh} said...

CONGRATS Natalie!!! Your blog is one of my faves and you totally deserve it! Keep it coming lady! xo

Heather @ my peanut butter cups said...

Congratulations Natalie!! I'm a new reader and love following your random musings and getting a sneak peak into your life. Keep up the great work -- Happy weekend! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats!! Totally deserved!

Bambino by the Bay said...

That is awesome! Congratulations! It is obviously well deserved- you have a wonderful blog that is so much fun to read each day. And, I love your dress!

Lili said...

awwww congratulations and totally deserving!

that dress looks amazing on you!

Anonymous said...

Woop-woop! Way to go! I love your blog bc you mix it up with a little real life--that's what makes it great. If I want an editorial, I'll read a magazine...that's not what blogs are for (at least to me). Congratulations!

Brooke Hall said...

congrats natalie!! and just to think, we were trying to come up with a name for this blog at mccalisters a few years ago! amazing job my friend!!
xo

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

A big congrats to you, my talented friend! Honestly, yours is one of the blogs that I most look forward to reading everyday...I know there's like blog rules that you aren't supposed to just post random stuff, yadda, yadda, yadda (clearly, I'm not in to those rules), but I truly think of your blog as a great source of inspiration and love you to pieces! Keep up the fabulousness, girl!

alico511 said...

I love your blog and check it daily. You inspire me to want to write my own blog. Your style and food rock! Keep on keepin on! You are my fave!

alico511 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kari Hill said...

Congratulations! I love your blog and read it all the time!


www.ryanandkari.com

Ashley said...

Go girl!! Congrats on the award! :)

Sadie + Stella said...

Congrats you little dollface!!! You so deserve it!

Alicia xoxxo said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Super proud of you my dear bloggy friend!!!

Colleen said...

Congratulations! I look forward to reading your blog on a daily basis. There's always something I can relate with. Keep up the great work and enjoy your weekend!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

How amazing! Congratulations. You look gorgeous in that maxi ...no surprise there!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Wow congrats Natalie!! Both you and Chassity looked fantastic! ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats! You deserve it!!

Val said...

Congrats Natalie.....Your blog is amazing and so are you. I'm so happy for you!!! Job well done momma.

Unknown said...

Congrats - how awesome and well deserved!

Unknown said...

YAY YOU :) :) You SO deserve it.. I love reading your blog so much, I love your style, your opinions and your content is so you and so valuable!! So excited for you, xoxo

Day Old News said...

Congrats! What an awesome award!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Natalie!

Andrea said...

Congratulations!! You definitely deserve it!