Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Salmon With Creamy Dijon Dill Sauce



I know most people are either Salmon lovers or haters.  I for one love it and it is so good for you.  It is one of the top ten Superfoods you can eat.   It is rich in Omega-3's which keep your heart and brain healthy.   However if you hate salmon (Matt does, claims it is is fishy)  you could easily substitute another fish to serve with this sauce.  Because it is the sauce that makes the meal so darn good.  My mom cooked this for me while I was home and I have been hooked ever since.  The sauce is so creamy and good,  you will just want to eat spoonfuls of it!  It is an easy yet elegant meal that would be great for a dinner party because the sauce can be made ahead.  Toss the sauce in a pretty serving bowl and you will look like Martha Stewart, trust me.  Bon Appetit!

SALMON WITH CREAMY DIJON DILL SAUCE
{serves 6 people}

-6 pieces of Salmon or any fish (or you can cook one large piece of Salmon and slice later)
-1 Teaspoon Shallot (about one shallot minced)
-2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
-1 Teaspoon Dill (Fresh or dried)
-2 Teaspoons Capers
-2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
-1 16 oz Heavy Cream
-2 Tablespoons Butter

Cover Fish with Olive Oil and Salt and Pepper.  Bake at 400 degrees about 20-25 mins.  May differ depending on what fish you use. 
For the Sauce: Sautee Shallot and Garlic in butter, be careful not to burn garlic.  Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.   Let it boil and reduce a bit and then it is ready to serve.  This can be made ahead and stored in the fridge and reheated when ready to use.


12 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I have salmon in my freezer right now...thanks for almost making my dinner.

Courtney@SDB said...

I am totally making this! Thx!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Mmmm this looks like a salmon dish I might actually like..... Just may give it a shot!

Julia Ryan said...

yes, I might actually have to try this!

megan said...

I, myself, am a salmon hater. The sauce sounds amazing though so I'll try it on some tilapia or mahi! Yum!

pretty little things said...

I am a salmon lover -- and this recipe looks delish! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

I LOVE salmon and I am always looking for new ways to make it. I am making this asap.

High Cotton Style said...

Sounds delish! I wish I could get Eric to eat it!

posting a recipe today too! check it out:)

viv said...

Wow. That looks SO good!

Beth @ Free Stylin' said...

I love salmon, and I can't wait to make this dish! I swear, I should change my "recipes" pin board name to "recipes from Natalie." I pin just about every recipe you post! :)

Portuguese Prepster said...

This looks so good..I love all fish! Looks like it would be a great and easy dish for a dinner party too.

Brooke said...

Love all your fall clothes - and that sunburst mirror in your hall!

Brooke