Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Things That Sparkle: Sterling's Big Boy Room Design

Today I am so excited to have Alex from Things That Sparkle sharing a design for Sterling's big boy room.  

As you all know I am in the process of starting to work on his room and thought why not get some inspiration from my favorite bloggers.  Alex is insanely talented, gorgeous, and sweet.   Everytime I see one of her designs I am blown away- including her house it is design perfection   So I knew she would have some killer ideas for Sterling's room.  I love the masculine rustic feel of the room.  Thanks for a fabulous design Alex!
xoxo
________________________

Hi DB&DD readers! I am Alex from Things That Sparkle and I am so excited to be here today filling in for Natalie and offering some inspiration for Sterling's Big Boy Room!
My idea came from the idea of rustic elements mixed with geometric, more modern patterns.
The grey, taupe and blue is masculine but still perfectly fitting for a growing young man.
paint: dolphin fin by behr
 Cannot wait to see what you end up doing Natalie. I know it will be adorable!

 

18 comments:

blue chickadee said...

Every time I see that rug, I love it more and more!!! Like the look she came up with now need to check out her blog!

Unknown said...

love the bedding! Im a new follower!

Laura

booboandbuster

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Ohhh I love it! That rug is just fantastic, so is the bedding. Great job Alex!

Julia Ryan said...

Seriously loving that rug!

Portuguese Prepster said...

Looks like great classic ideas!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

awesome job alex!!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Ohhh I love those Jonathan Adler pillows! Love Alex's idea of a rustic feel to his big boy room.

Monica J @ Sofamilyonline said...

I love the bedding and that rug. Gorgeous rug. I like the colors for a young man/boy's room. They are not over-powering. Great choices. :-)

Monica J @ Sofamilyonline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica J @ Sofamilyonline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica J @ Sofamilyonline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh good job Alex!!! This is such a cool big kid's room!!! And Natalie, I'm living your blog and am your newest follower! Xoxo

Taylor said...

ooo I love that bed!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Val said...

Oh this is awesome....The rug is to die for.

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Thanks so much for having me natalie!! xo

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I so adore Dwell bedding!!! This would be such a great room scheme for the little man! Love it all!

Bud and Leo said...

of course Alex has the most amazing design! LOVE the gray & white stripes!!!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I love that board...perfect room for a stylish little guy!