Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chicken Salad Crescent Rolls


I hope you brought your appetites today because this recipe is mouth wateringly good. Crisp chicken salad, lots of melted cheese,  all rolled up into a buttery crescent roll- tell me that doesn't sound amazing?  Well these rolls are pure perfection.  We had a birthday brunch for my mom a few weeks ago and made these and they were a huge hit!  The original recipe calls for the crescent triangles to be sliced in half to make bite size appetizer rolls.  We didn't cut them since this was more of a lunch than an appetizer but you could make them either way!  We served them with pasta salad, broccoli salad, cucumber sandwiches and mimosas of course!  It was the most delish Birthday brunch ever.   You must make these, I promise you will love them.  They would be a great weeknight meal too because they are easy and kids will gobble them up!
Enjoy!




{Chicken Salad Crescent Rolls}
Adapted from Plain Chicken

::Ingredients::

2 cups chopped chicken
1 cup celery
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup mayo
3 cans crescent rolls
8 slices cheddar cheese (I used Cracker Barrel extra sharp cheddar)
poppy seeds


::Directions::
Mix together first six ingredients and set aside (or chill if making crescents later).

Preheat oven to 375. Separate crescent rolls into triangles. Cut each triangle in half to form two triangles. (This is the step I omitted)  Place 1/3 slice of cheddar cheese on top of crescent roll, top with a tablespoon scoop of chicken salad (I used a small cookie scoop) and roll up the crescent roll. Place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Repeat with remaining crescent rolls. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.



26 comments:

Lala said...

These look DIVINE! I can't wait to make these. A little weeknight meal, my little man will love them :) thank you!

Melissa W. said...

HOLY MOLY those look delish! Making.asap.

Thank you for sharing!

Julia Ryan said...

this looks amazing! Who can I convince to make me these and bring them to me today? Hmmmmm....Might have to try these out if I feel better. These look like the perfect dinner for tonight!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I've had these at a party before and died. So freaking good.

Unknown said...

I want to know how you stay so skinnnnny minnie! But yum.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Shut the front door! Making these?!! yummers. :-)

Nat said...

Yum!! This is look amazing!

Melissa W. said...

Those would be heaven in a puff-pastry!! Oooo

Sadie + Stella said...

Ok these look delish. Maybe I'm
Weird but I always add red onion to my chicken salad. I'm a sucker for huge flava!!!

Holly {CookClickDanceBaby} said...

Trying them TODAY! Yippeeee!

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

These are so yummy! Always a great hit!

Natalie said...

YUM, these look incredible!

megan said...

YUMMM these would be perfect for any occasion!

Hannah said...

These look delish! I think they are perfect for lunch.

Sarah Condon said...

Those look amazing....I love chicken salad!!

Nickie said...

I have had these before but not with worcestershire sauce and poppy seeds. I love them and can't wait to add these two ingredients. Crescent rolls are also super yummy rolled up with lots of chocolate chips! ;)

Anna said...

I'm getting married on Saturday and was looking for something to serve at my bridesmaid luncheon. These sound great! Thank you!

Turners in the Country said...

Oh, YUM! We eat a lot of tuna salad around here, that might be a fun new way to try it.

Oh Sunnie Day said...

Sounds delicious!!

xx

jen

OneBigMistake, andSome said...

Looks yummy!!! I don't like cheddar but will replace with Swiss or Brie, or maybe a mix. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
Your blog is great (even though I don't have children, however I do love designer bags)

Jenny Castle Design said...

I have to say, I'm not usually a fan of chicken salad, but anything wrapped in a crescent roll with cheese...yum!!! Great and fun app idea :)

My-cliffnotes said...

Yum I want these right now!

Unknown said...

Those look and sound delicious!! I make a crescent roll casserole that is like heaven in your mouth too!! You can't go wrong with crescent rolls! haha

Lindsay [rookie's nest] said...

OH gosh - SOOOO delicious looking!! Glad I found your blog :)

erica said...

Oh my goodness...yum! I am making these tomorrow for dinner! xx

Lexilooo said...

these sound great, I will have to try the recipe sometime!