Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Good Monday Morning Friends.  Or not really in our house,  you see my sweet baby is sick and we are off to the doctor this AM.  Hoping for some meds and a quick recovery for him- and of course I am praying we all don't catch it! 
This weekend I was pretty much a single mom since Matt was gone all day at the game Saturday (he left at 10 and rolled home at 4am)  and then pretty much incapacitated Sunday due to all the fun he had at the game- if you know what I mean!  It was not a bad weekend just didn't feel like a true weekend since I was solo most of the time.

A few highlights:
Two beauties that I have been eyeing arrived on my doorsteps this weekend.  The Tom Ford Coffee Table book which I have been wanting forever.  This is a seriously gorgeous coffee table book.  I am so darn happy to add it to my collection.


And for my cookbook collection: The Sprouted Kitchen. I have really been trying to eat healthier and I can tell such a difference. I have more energy and just feel better about myself. This cookbook came highly recommended. It is filled with some amazing looking healthy recipes I can't wait to try.



This recipe from the cookbook was featured in Bon Appetit.  How delish does this Ranchero Tostada look?  It is top on my list of must make dishes out of the cookbook.


I finally busted out some fall colored jeans.



Saturday I did manage to get a few solo hours thanks to my in-laws.  I met up with my sister in law and a good friend for some afternoon wine and tasty chaurcuterie at BIN152.  All you locals and peeps visiting Charleston,  this wine bar is my favorite.  The owner is so knowledgeable and they have the best selection of cheeses and meats.  Check out our platter.


Here is what I wore for our ladies afternoon:


I have to admit I never thought I would be a bandage skirt type of girl.   I ordered this skirt while I was pregnant with Sterling- stupid idea,  I could not fit my fat ass in it while pregnant, but now I love it.  It really sucks you in (like spanx) and looks so cute with looser blouses.  Get on the bandage bandwagon for realz.  I have the Charcoal color but it comes in several different options.


And I will say it again the Joie Marlo Blouse is perfection.  I want one in every color.  I wear mine all the time.


Sunday Matt rallied long enough to hit up the Pumpkin Patch.  Sterling was so excited.  We came home with 4 pumpkins!  I think we may do a painting project with a few of the smaller ones.


We tried to get a family picture and of course this is how it turned out. Typical.


Hope you all had a great weekend!
xoxo

32 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Ok. I love your skinnies and your TB flats. Love! You are too cute. Sorry Sterling is sick :( hoping for a speedy recovery!

Lala said...

Love those jeans. It felt so great to rock the fall clothing this weekend. Hope your little man gets to felling better, sick babies are the worst. My husband was hunting all weekend so I feel you on the solo part.

Olivia said...

love your outfits :) Loving that nail polish too - what is it?

donna said...

Great outfit choices. You always remind me of Gwyneth P.

Baby Shopaholic said...

You looked fab this weekend. That skirt is sexy!!!

Keely said...

Hope your lil man feels better soon! Cute outfits, I'm obsessed with maroon skinnies right now. Love all the options Fall weather allows for clothes!
I too have been eyeing that Tom Ford book, he too can do know wrong. : )
Let us know how that cookbook turns out, looks like a good one!

Unknown said...

I love the rug you are standing on in your skinnies with the TB flats!

Also, love your blog- you've inspired me to start my own!

http://incrediblelifeofawife.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

That last picture made me laugh out loud. That's how our family pictures normally turn out, too. I hope your little man feels better soon.

KatiePerk said...

I love the family pic!! I also love those skinnies are called Bourbon!!

Becca | Lowlife Couture said...

I have the joie blouse in a dusty, pale pink. Scored it on Ebay and LOVE it! Also, glad your hubs got to catch such a fun game, I was there too and it was an exciting one!

ET said...

Where is your rug from in the pic where you are wearing the skinnies and the TB flats? So cute (all of it)!

ET said...

Where is your rug from in the pic where you are wearing the skinnies and the TB flats? So cute (all of it)!

Unknown said...

We had lots of similar happenings this weekend! I posted about it today on www.styleoyster.blogspot.com. I had a sick little man on Saturday and we hit up the Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch on Sunday (is that the one you went to?) Hope your little guy is feeling better! xoxo

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Sorry Sterling is sick!! Hope he's better with some medicine and you don't catch it.

Love the photo at the pumpkin patch.

I have a BCBG bandage skirt and I adore it. Thank you for reminding me I need to wear it! :-)

natasha {schue love} said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Especially the wine part!! ;)

Christina said...

I really like the skirt with the loose blouse. The denim shorts are hot! I bet Matt loves them. haha! The family pic is great - Sterling's face is priceless.

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Sorry about your little guy! Hope he feels better soon!! Why are you so tiny!??! Love your skinnies! xoxo

Natalie and Lee said...

You are so cute in your outfits! I LOVE that skirt with the loose top, I would look like a cow! We went to the pumpkin patch too!! I love this time of year and enjoying catching up on your blog!

Tess said...

That last picture of Sterling is just too stinking cute!! Glad you were able to sneak in some alone time on Saturday - the cheese and meat plate looks divine!

Kristina said...

I have this blouse too in a cream color. It is the BEST! I have worn it so many time and different ways it was worth the price!

Natalie said...

That Tom Ford book is so gorgeous -- I need! Love your J Brand skinnies, such cute outfits!

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

Thanks so much for signing up to follow, Natalie! Loving your blog too and just signed up to follow. Just brought out my wine colored skinny jeans too and am totally loving them this fall. And I'm glad to hear you like that cookbook. I saw it on 101 Cookbooks a little while back and thought it looked interesting. I'll have to check it out further!

Nat said...

Hope Sterling feels better! Love the color of those skinnies and I'm dying for that Tom Ford book!

Peaches Burlap Sack said...

Enjoyed your weekend recap. So sorry your baby is sick, hope he feels better soon!

Brooke said...

love that book! it's on my christmas list...hoping santa is good to me this year ;).

love that bandage skirt - looks great with your blouse!

xo,
brooke
www.decorgreat.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I have that bandage skirt in the olive and cream color and it's seriously the best purchase! Works for so many occasions!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

So glad you tried Bin. It's such a great spot. We need to go get pumpkins, Lilly's been pointing out all of our neighbor's who have them...

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

OMG- the family picture is totally typical! :) Your weekend sounded like mine with my husband also away for football and me and my little guy home alone:) And we're both sick!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I've been dying to get that book too! And is the same situation here with family photos, impossible!

Julia Ryan said...

oh man, I need to let Wells go pick out some pumpkins. The Church on the corner of my parent's street sells them and every time we walk or ride by she gets so excited for the Halloween pumpkins! She'd die if I let her paint one!

Emily | Recently said...

Girl, if I tried to pull off that bandage skirt...well, I won't even get into the carnage that would happen. But you look amazing!!!

Betsy said...

I LOVE your swirly initial pendant and really want to order one, but I'm confused about the size. In another post, you said it was the 'medium' size, but when I click on the link, the 'large' pendant comes up. Can you tell me for sure what size yours is? Thanks!