Monday, October 22, 2012

Scenes From Our Weekend

I met my Mom Thursday in Columbia so she could take Sterling for the weekend.  Let me tell you it was a long weekend without my little nugget and I missed him like crazy.  Mom and I did a little shopping in Columbia because that is what we do best.  I found this great silver pumpkin for our front porch.  Nothing wrong with a fake pumpkin:)


I made the Compost Cookies featured on Glitter Guide last week.  Wowza, they were good.  I loved the potato chips in them but next time I may leave out the caramel rice cakes I didn't like the consistency they made the cookies.  But I loved the salty sweet combo.


Friday I worked on cleaning and organizing Sterling's Room.  And I finally took pictures so I will reveal his big boy room this week:)  It is much easier to photgraph a room without a two year old throwing toys everywhere!  Here is one more teaser- how adorable are the whale sheets from PB?


Friday Night we went to the best Halloween Party at my girl Caycee's house. We had so much fun. I went as a Hippie and Matt went as a Hot Dog.  My dress was true vintage,  it was my mom's from when she was in college, I love that I have so many of her old clothes.



 Here are a few shots from the party....





We had such a fun time, Caycee always throws the best parties.  Saturday we slept in and enjoyed a leisure kid free lunch.  We tried out a new spot on James Island called the Sloppy Cow.  I loved my Black Bean burger, but Matt had mixed feelings about his stuffed Spicy Burger.  I would still eat there again.


After lunch Matt and I went a long boat ride for the rest of the afternoon.  It was the perfect weather for a boat ride and since we had no baby with us we could take our time and enjoy ourselves.  I caught up on a stack of magazines I had been wanting to read and enjoyed some delicious vino!



Sunday I was thrilled to be reunited with my little man.  It was crazy how much I missed that sweet face!


Happy Monday Dolls!
xoxo

28 comments:

Lala said...

I love reading your posts, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. As much as you missed Sterling, I bet it was nice to relax with the hubs some too!

Natalie said...

those cookies look so good! and love how you decorated the pumpkins! www.fashionifancy.com

Julia Ryan said...

It's crazy how we pray for a break and then miss them like crazy when we get one! It is nearly impossible to take get a room clean and tidy and take pictures with kids under your roof. Can't wait to see his room!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Y'all look so cute, sorry I couldn't make it to the party. And that Sterling's face gets me. Oh, that black bean burger looks really good too. xoxo

caycee said...

bahaha!!! I was actually is a really pissy mood(no sleep) before I read this post, and now, well I cant stop smiling;) Had so much fun with you guys!!! I also can not wait to see that big boy room!!!

Georgine said...

Can't wait for the big boy room unveil! You know you just had a great weekend with your husband when he is passed out in a giant hotdog suit LOL ;) XOXO

Sadie + Stella said...

How fun!!! Looks like a fab weekend. Hot dog costume?? Pure brilliance. You rocked that hippie costume!!

mWm said...

i love the mini tervis filled with wine! perfection!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Looks like you had fun!! I have that same sailor girl costume your friend wore! lol

Natalie said...

You two are the cutest hotdog/hippie couple! Looks like a fun weekend. :)

Holy City Chic | Megan said...

That picture of Caycee and Matt cracks me up! Sterling's big boy room is looking great. Can't wait to see the final product! :)

natasha {schue love} said...

SO funny seeing Caycee harass your husband! Haha! Looks like too much fun!

Tess said...

Looks like an AMAZE party! That dress from your Mom looks fantastic on you. I'm glad you and Matt were able to enjoy some alone time.

xo

megan said...

Looks like yall had a great weekend! That picture of Caycee is hilarious.

Ashley said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! A Halloween party and boat wide with mags/vino - perfection!

Leslie said...

That party looks like fun! I can't wait to see Sterling's new room. :)

livingchel said...

Love the vintage dress. It's so cool that you have a bunch of your mom's old clothes. My mom has a different body type than I do as I am 5'2" and she's 5'8" :-(

Emma (Glitter and Gold) said...

looks like a fab weekend!would die for a boatride, no babies, vino and magazines!! what is that gucci bag

Ashley said...

omg, hilarious! too funny and makes me feel better to see other people let loose once in awhile too :)

Stilettos Stuck In Snow said...

Love your hippie costume dress! You could definitely get away with wearing it in a non-costume way, looks Lilly-esque.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

You guys looked hilarious! Sterling's bedding looks very cute!

erica said...

Those cookies look so good! Looks like such a fun weekend! xx

Bud and Leo said...

awe love those whale sheets! can't wait for the big reveal! and love your costumes- hilar! xo

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

Aw, the last picture of the little man is just too adorable. Love.

Taylor said...

sounds like the perfect weekend! love sterling's whale sheets - and those cookies look like a must bake!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Jill said...

I love your mom's vintage dress!! what a fun weekend

Nat said...

Love your costumes! The party looks like it was a blast. That last pic of Sterling is too cute

Courtney @ Missthirdgrade.com said...

interesting cookies.. you put coffee in them?