Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thoughts For Thursday

I can't tell you how excited I was to see this peek of Jessica and Justin's wedding day on the cover of People.  I really like them together and can't wait to devour this issue.  I think she looks stunning and I read he played the guitar and serenaded her as she walked down the aisle (tear,  so sweet).


Has anyone heard of the Kid Fresh line before?  I stumbled upon this while aimlessly browsing at Harris Teeter yesterday while Sterling was in school- ah the joys of grocery shopping alone.  Anyways it is a kid line that has hidden veggies in the food.  I served Sterling the mac and cheese that had carrots mixed in last night for dinner and he gobbled it up.  Now I know, some of you are thinking you could just puree carrots and do that yourself,  but I am too lazy this is way easier. (Mel this is precisely why your baby food line will rock!)


I just found the perfect little black shift dress (and statement necklace too).    This dress is on its way to me and I just adore it, especially the exposed zipper in the back.  Of course I had to have the necklace to go with it.  Great Fall Outfit.


My latest book I am reading from the Library is Andy Cohen's "Most Talkative".  This book has been pretty funny and I have loved all the gossip on the Housewives in it.  If you are obsessed with the Housewives likes me you should check this book out.   It is a great easy breezy read.  Plus how can you not love Andy?


Thanks to my friend Katie I think I found the light fixture for Sterling's room.  She sent me this link from Land of Nod and I am sold.  This light is adorable and super affordable.    It looks similar to the Sputnik but I like that it is a more kid friendly version.
{Up and Atom Chandelier}

I am obsessed with the new Mumford and Sons CD, Babel.  If you loved their first CD you must buy this one.  Every single song is good.  It currently on repeat in my car (I love songs 1,6, and 10).


We got some sad news this week that one of my friends fathers passed away.  It got me thinking alot about things and how we need to really embrace and appreciate our time on Earth for it is fleeting.   We need to tell our families we love them everyday.   It made me realize things quite often don't go the way we had planned them but we have to trust God and his master plan.  I ask for you all to say a little prayer for my sweet friend during this difficult time to give her strength to get through this.

32 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Obsessed with "babel". It is a problem!
I think I need to get that book!

Sadie + Stella said...

Ok am I the only person who hates Jessica Biel?? I have hated her since 7th Heaven. It will never go away!! I want to be BFF with Andy Cohen. Just saying.

Julia Ryan said...

I can't wait to ready Andy's book. I double adore him. Hiding veggies in foods is genius. I've started getting so paranoid about what Wells eats lately. I'm going to check to see if our kroger sells this line. I love that dress pick too love.

Lala said...

The book is spending like a must read. I know you are pumped to find that Sputnik look at a reasonable price. Sterling's room is just adorable!

Lala said...

*sounding, I hate iPad predictive text. Oh, and Sadie and stella, I dont like Jessica Biel much either.

Jill said...

I love that light, it will look perfect in Sterlings room. Matthews room is well under way too, his bed was finally delivered yesterday.

Ok now I am going to go hug my parents today!!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

That quote is a great one to live by. xo

snh said...

Said a prayer for your friend, that is always so tough.
I was not a fan of that People magazine cover! One of my favorite celeb gossip websites, Lainey Gossip, said it the best, that it seems like JT was stealing all the attention away from the bride! FAIL
Cute light, that will look great in Sterling's room!

Julie and Lauren said...

Omg, I couldn't agree more. I love Justin and Jessica! The fact that he serenaded her is perfect. I can just see it. XO

Portuguese Prepster said...

ooo I need the Andy Cohen book...I'm housewife obsessed!

Rachael said...

I love that black shift dress!

www.slurfeefrenchie.blogspot.com

Mel G said...

Nat - I haven't heard of this KidFresh but I need to check it out! Giggle Bites is coming along! Oh and I totally agree about Babel. It's great!

pretty little things said...

I have to say -- I'm kinda feeling that pink wedding dress. something different for sure! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Baby Shopaholic said...

I like how Justin and Jess wedding was on the hush! Can't wait to see the pics! I am going to grab some of that food for P! She hates veggies!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Love Sterlings light for his room! Seriously stylish. I need to read Andys book. You know I am obsessed with those HWs! So sorry about your friends dad passing. I will say a prayer. Life is short.

The Daily Stroll said...

LOVE the black dress and necklace! I love JT and Jessica is just okay. They never seemed like a good match to me. And definitely not a fan of her pink wedding dress! The light for Sterling's room is adorable.

blue chickadee said...

Love the light for Sterling's room!!! That will look so good with all the wood and blue/white you have going on in there!!!

The Daily Stroll said...

Also, so sorry to hear about your friend's dad. Will say a prayer for the family!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I love those two, and I think they do a great couple. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss, hoping she finds the strength she needs.

natasha {schue love} said...

I can't wait to get my hands on that People magazine either! And the new lighting fixture is perfection for Sterling's room. So sorry to hear about your friend's dad. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. xx

OH and I must read that book...thanks for the rec!

livingchel said...

I was just thinking the other day that I want to buy Andy Cohen's book. I think that is next on my list!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I love her pink wedding dress!!

Natalie said...

That lighting is so perfect for Sterling's nursery! Love Jessica + Justin, too -- can't wait to see pics of their wedding!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I've been adoring that dress! So glad you got it. And I'm sorry about your friend's loss.

Daria said...

Hey Natalie, I periodically stumble upon your blog, but am going to add it to my list. LOVED Andy Cohen's book. That was Stephen's mother day gift to me: that book and a day to read it! Really enjoyed catching up on your past posts and looking forward to the ones to come! Tell Matt that Stephen says hi!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I LOVE that light fixture. It's perfect!!! Love the dress and necklace too! I agree with Sadie + Stella. Jessica Biel is NOT on my favorite list.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I'm just dying to see the details of that fabulous pink dress...it's gorgeous! And Mumford and sons is BOMB.

Cannon said...

Must get Andy Cohen's book!!! Mumford and Sons CD, Babel is fabulous!!!! Hopeless Wanderer and I Will Wait are on repeat in my car!!!!

Nat said...

I'm obsessed with Babel too! I'm reading Andy Cohen's book too- I'm loving all the Housewives gossip and learning more about Andy- I want to be real life friends with him!
I'm not a huge Jessica Biel fan but I love me some JT and I'm dying to see their wedding pics!

LA said...

This is a bit off topic but... I have been searching high and low for a long sleeved pink mini dress with black laced inserts in the sleeves. I think it was a Milly?

Taylor said...

my boyfriends obsessed with mumford and sons so I have grown to really like them too. I'll have to check out the new album. How incredible is Most Talkative?? I loved it!!! I need some green pants in my wardrobe too that fall photo is perfection.

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

StyleWise said...

LOVE Mumford & Sons! That quote was just what I needed today :)

www.bstylewise.blogspot.com