Monday, January 14, 2013

Acupuncture, Barre, Randoms and a Winner!

The start of the New Year means I am getting down to business.  I have been eating healthy and taking care of myself.  This involved trying Acupuncture and a Barre Class.  

I have wanted to try Acupuncture for awhile now.  I have heard such great things about it.  I went to a local place here called Charleston Community Acupuncture.  When I first walked in I was like this is so not for me.  There was weird hippie music playing and it just had an earthy vibe.  Those things make me uncomfortable.  I really wanted to leave.  However since I was there and had an appt I decided to give it a shot.   Since it is a community place you are in a room with other people, you are fully clothed but that part was a bit weird to me, so the owner gave me a semi private room which made me feel way more comfortable.   I was so nervous but Chad (the owner) helped me take a few deep breaths and relax.  The needles did not hurt one bit and it was the most relaxed I have been in a long time.  I seriously think I dozed off for a few minutes and I am not a napper. My mind and body just felt at peace and crazy relaxed.  I honestly forgot there were needles in me.  I know you need to go several times for results and I def plan to go back weekly.  




I bought a Living Social deal a few weeks ago for a set of  Barre classes and tried it out this week.  I am no stranger to barre workouts, as I own the Physique 57 DVDS which are basically the same thing.  But the class was way harder.  Maybe because people were watching me I pushed myself harder but it was an insane workout.  I went to Barre Evolution and highly recommend.  I was so sore afterwards which means it was a great workout. I went twice last week and plan to keep it up.  My body needs some toning for real and I think this is just the thing to accomplish that.


 
In other random news, I am obsessed with this Theory Blouse I got after Christmas.  It is on crazy sale right now, go get you one you will love it.


I found knobs for my Hutch, thanks to Caitlin Marie who alerted me to the Restoration Hardware sale. These beauties are going to look perfect.


We had perfect weather here this weekend and spent alot of time outdoors.   Crazy warm temps for January but we enjoyed it anyways!  A few snapshots from our weekend.




Last thing the winner of the A-Thread Giveaway is:  Lala!!  Shoot me an email with your info and I will get you your gift card!

Happy Monday Dolls!! 
xoxo

23 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

You look fabulous! BTW love acupuncture. Love! I totally swear by it. I have yet to try the barre class but you are persuading me to do so. I need to firm up myself!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Oh my gosh i've never tried acupuncture but have been intrigued. I have a friend who does it, and so does my granny :)

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

The knobs are gorgeous! Love them!

Caitlin said...

I am so glad the knobs worked out for you, we have them in our master bath and I love them!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

Hey girl! I'm so not meaning to knock Barre Evolution. I used to go there before Pure Barre opened up. It's definitely a good workout! I want you to try Pure Barre when you use up your Groupon. You'll love it! It's harder and more intense!

Unknown said...

I love Barre Ev! Nancy is great. I also got the Groupon, this is my 2nd Groupon with them. ESAC just started offering them as part of the membership, I am trying theirs out tonight. Love this warm weekend in Charleston! www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Julia Ryan said...

You are totally picking my interest with the acupuncture. Must dish more. And I totally hear nothing but great things about barre. My friend Amanda you've met just got certified to teach!

Alicia xoxxo said...

I have had acupuncture before and it does make you totally relaxed! So glad you liked it! I need to start eating healthier, I am already off track for the New Year Kudos to you for staying on track! Jealous of your warm weather! Its been so cold here in So Cali!

Kerr said...

I have been going to barre evolution too and I love it!

natasha {schue love} said...

I went to barre on Saturday and I am SOOOO sore today! It feels good though! Wish I could go more often!!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I have been wanting to try Acupuncture for awhile now so I am glad you reviewed it! I also bought some classes for Barre Method and have been meaning to try it out. Looks like it will be kickin my butt!! :)

Kyle said...

I have been doing Local Barre since Thanksgiving and am addicted. It is an amazing workout. I stopped running and it is the best thing I have done for my body. Barre is def a great challenge. The blouse looks beautiful on you! Jealous of that incredible weather. : )

Val said...

I would love to try acupuncture...Your blouse is gorgeous. Blondes look so good in yellow. I always love seeing your family pics. So cute!!!

17 Perth said...

The weather here was seriously crazy! I'm probably an hour and a half south of you guys. Absolutely awesome. I am actually at the beach right now. Ha ha. Love that yellow blouse! And acupuncture!! How fun! Glad you enjoyed it!

Alyson said...

I have some Physique 57 DVDs too and now go to a barre class here in Richmond and it is much harder but I LOVE it!

Taylor said...

you are on a beach in flip flops - i need to move immediately!!!! and i really want to try a barre class, but i feel like i wouldnt be able to walk afterwards.
http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Dana said...

Oh girl, I have a love hate relationship with Barre. I love it, but it KILLS me! I was going to start going at ESAC, but I may just go to the place you have been going!!

Chelsea Mac said...

I've used an acupuncturist several times and I do think it has benefits - definitely worth continuing. (I also LOVE barre!)

Chelsea
Haute Child in the City

Tess said...

Good for you for starting barre and acupuncture! I could see how doing it a large room with a lot of other people would be a little bit bizarre so I'm glad you got "upgraded" to a semi private room!

Let us know how it contuses to help.

xo

California Wife said...

I have been wanting to try a barre class forever, but we don't have any studios around here. I was actually just getting ready to look into the Physique 57 DVDs. Worth it?

Lindsay [rookie's nest] said...

I Love everything in this post! I've been wanting to try barre for awhile now and I think you've inspired me to just do it!! Also, love love that top!

Shannon said...

i've been doing pure barre for a few weeks now and am absolutely obsessed!! i get the obsession :)

Unknown said...

That's really how acupuncture works, Natalie. Your body reacted way fast that you eventually had fallen asleep while undergoing treatment. Since you enjoyed it, I assume that an acupuncture session will be part of your routine.

-Clyde Kurt @ USHealthWorks.com/Stockton-West-Center