Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cauliflower, White Bean, and Feta Salad


If you follow me on Instagram then you knew this recipe was coming your way.  I have been trying to eat pretty clean since the New Year (minus the Bojangles and Pizza I consumed last weekend).  I like to make a salad at the start of each week to have for my lunch everyday.  Saves money and then lunch is easy no planning necessary and it's healthy.  I made this salad this week and it knocked my socks off.  If you love Cauliflower then you will love this salad.  The flavors are so fresh, light, and delicious.  I think it would be killer with some grilled Shrimp if you wanted a heartier meal but it was perfect alone for lunch.  I love that the cauliflower is raw and not cooked- most recipes call for it cooked.  The raw crunch of the cauliflower adds some great texture.   All the fresh herbs and feta really give the salad amazing flavor.  I promise you will be hooked on this.  I am on day three of eating it and still not sick of it!
Bon Appetit!


{CAULIFLOWER, WHITE BEAN, AND FETA SALAD}
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 medium head of cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets (about 3 cups)
  • 1 (15-ounce) can white beans (such as Great Northern or navy beans), drained
  • 2 large heads of Belgian endive, trimmed, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
Combine oil and rosemary in small saucepan. Stir over medium heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Cool.
Whisk lemon juice, vinegar, lemon peel, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
Combine cauliflower, beans, endive, chives, parsley, and rosemary oil in medium bowl; toss. Mix in cheese. Add lemon juice mixture and toss to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper.



19 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Ummmm this looks delish and as is if it might combat the 2 blts with avocado I had last night. Fatty!!!

Julie and Lauren said...

This looks absolutely delicious, love the colors!

pretty little things said...

this totally sounds like something I would love -- must try this!! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

This looks fresh and delicious!

Julia Ryan said...

Yum, you know I like all things salad-esque!

Stilettos Stuck In Snow said...

That looks amazing--and not too difficult to make. Does it start to get soggy after a few days though?

Little Fish said...

Yum! Adding this to my list of things to make!!

Alyson said...

This looks yummy! I am going to try it. I struggle with what to have for lunch and get sicks of sandwiches.

Kristina said...

this looks great. I never thought to add cauli to salad!

17 Perth said...

For some reason the combination of beans and cauliflower is so interesting! And I always love feta!

blue chickadee said...

Looks like something I would love!!!! Always enjoy your food posts!!!!

Taylor said...

this is looks incredible - so pretty too!
http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I love cauliflower and white beans. Definitely going to make this!! I posted a recipe on my blog today too.

Val said...

I want to stick my fork through the screen and eat this deliciousness.

emilyk said...

Made the salad last night, it was awesome! The whole house loved it!! Thanks for the recipe!!

Sunkissed and Southern said...

I just made this (modified a few things I didnt have) and it was soo delicious!! Your recipes are great, thanks for sharing and keep them coming!

Niesh said...

nice collection designer handbags

Alyson said...

I just made this and it is delicious! Thanks for posting.

tenth avenue south said...

Finally made this tonight! YUM!! Now I am looking forward to lunch all week!