Monday, January 28, 2013

Scenes From Our Weekend


Ladies, thank you so much for the out pouring of support on Friday.  I was honestly a little nervous to share my journey but something pushed me to do it and I am so glad I did.  I appreciated every single personal email and comment I received.  I am still trying to respond to all the emails I got so if you have not heard from me I am working on it!  It made me feel hopeful to know I am not alone and there are others trekking down the same path as me.  So thank you from the bottom of my heart for listening to my story and sharing yours.  Here is to 2013 being a great year for all of us.

Now on to our weekend.

If you live in Charleston you must hit up Hampden Clothing.  Non locals they have a great website  too, so you can shop online!   They are having their annual 75% off sale and there are some amazing deals there.  The prices are incredible!  I scored this fabulous red dress that I just may wear next weekend for my sister's baby shower.


Thank you for all the fab hair suggestions.  There are so many I want to try out.  To start off I hit up Target and picked up all the Suave Keratin products.  They were the most recommended products by far.  I will try them out this week and let you girls know what I think.  I am also going to start taking the Biotin pills.


While we were at Target I decided to treat Sterling to his first Icee and he loved it- and so did I.  I forgot how darn good these are!  I demolished half of it and wish I had gotten myself one.


Speaking of Target their dollar section is such a great place to find activities for kids.  I picked up this Valentine banner there and Sterling and I had a great time coloring it.  He loved it so much he insisted we hang it in his room:)


 I got my first pedicure since last summer- seriously it had been awhile since my feet had been pampered.  I used Essie Macks and love it.  The perfect transition color between winter and spring, not too dark and not too light.



Saturday night we tried our hand at making our own pizza.  I picked up dough from our local pizza place and we made this terrific Thai Chicken Pizza.  Recipe coming to blog this week.  It was ridic, the flavors were so fresh.


Sunday night Matt went to bed super early (like 7:30) so I let this little guy get in bed and cuddle and watch the SAG red carpet with with me.  Nothing better than cuddling in bed with your little one.  Perfect end to our weekend.  and FYI I don't normally lounge in bed in a mink hat, Sterling insisted I wear it.


 These ladies were a few of my favorite best dressed from the SAGS.  Side parts and strapless dresses were in full effect last night!


Happy Monday!
xoxo

25 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

So glad you're feeling better about things Nat! You look amazing in that red dress, total celeb!

That pizza sounds yummy, might need to switch that out for my bbq pizza tonight!

Sadie + Stella said...

More than anything, I love Sterling's appearances in the back of your dressing room photos. He always looks like he is up to no good and I love it! You are rockin' that dress. And your pizza looks phenomenal!

Nat said...

Such a cute dress! Sterling looks too happy with that Icee- now I kind of want one!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I use the Suave Keratin shampoo. It's awesome and CHEAP! I wrote a review about it last summer when I discovered it. I have the dry shampoo. Not a big fan. :( I didn't realize Hampden was having their sale. I got a dress from one of their sales for like nothing. Makes the dress even prettier!

tpatters5 said...

You are so pretty in that last picture with Sterling. Pure joy is beautiful.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love that picture of you and Sterling!! Precious.

I love those same dresses but I couldn't watch last night b/c our cable was out. Ugh! Need to do catch up online today. :-)

KatiePerk said...

Obsessed with that Pizza. Looks divine.
It looks like a great weekend!!
That red dress is HOT.

megan said...

That red dress is gorgeous! I wish I could pull off wearing red. Looking forward to hearing about the new shampoo & conditioner!

Natalie said...

Can't wait for that pizza recipe! Also excited to see what you think of the Suave Keratin -- I may have to try!

High Cotton Style said...

Love that red dress! I'm giving away a necklace that would look fab with it-check it out! Can't wait to hear this pizza recipe!

Lobster Meets Peach said...

So happy to hear you had a good weekend! And as always, everything you try on rocks!!!

FlirtyGems said...

So glad you are feeling better too! Oh and RED is your color you look great in that dress!

Bud and Leo said...

I need to try those suave products asap! thanks for letting us know what everyone recommended! The SAGs were kind of a snooze I'm so pumped for the Grammys in two weeks!!! Also, sending you lots of love xx Lisa

Unknown said...

Essie polish is my absolute favorite...becoming more like an obsession!! I haven't tried the Suave products yet so I might need to check those out!! And love all of Sterling's adorable faces!! XoXo

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

The hat is so fab...you have a budding stylist on your hands (c; I didn't even check out the red carpet styles! What is wrong with me???

Archana said...

Can u get those Biotin pills off the shelf at a drug store?If so, is there any particular one tht ur considering?

pretty little things said...

ummm that thai chicken pizza lookd awesome! and I think it's time for my lunch now! haha

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

That dress is perfect on you! Um, am I the only one that thinks that the gal modeling it in the pic has her shoes on the wrong feet? Such a gorgeous color, though!

17 Perth said...

Yum!! That pizza looks so good right now. (I am so hungry! HA)....and that Essie nail polish is awesome. I love the picture of you with the red dress--haha..sterling looks so cute in the background.

Christina said...

I love how in the background of the dressing room pic, Sterling is clearly digging in your purse for more candy. LOVED Amanda Seyfried's look. That mink hat? Want. I had to laugh at you wearing it in bed. If it keeps the boy happy, might as well do it.

Unknown said...

you look great in the red dress!! I had to laugh, I think the model has her shoes on the wrong feet!!! I hope you have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you on the picks for Jessica Chastain and Amanda Seyfried as best dressed. Was Amanda high though? She seemed loooopy on the E's red carpet interview.

Taylor said...

I'm so sorry to read about your struggles. God has a plan sometimes we just don't realize it. I'm glad people commenting who have been in the same place can help.

you look gorgeous in red! glad you had a good weekend
http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love that Essie color!

And yum..homemade pizza is my favorite!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I just read your post from Friday and I'm so sorry to hear about it. Hang in there girl, what is meant to be will be ;)