Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Roasted Vegetable Israeli Couscous


As of lately I have been really into Israeli Couscous.  Like I have been making it at least once a week.  It is the perfect side dish or lunch salad.  I had been buying the Near East box kind- we love the Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil and the Basil and Herb flavors.  They are both fabulous if you don't feel like making your own,  but I decided I wanted to branch out and make my own version. I found a box of the plain Couscous at Trader Joes but I am sure any supermarket carries it.  We served ours with baked Salmon for dinner and then I ate the leftovers for my lunch.  Light, Healthy, and Fresh.  Would also be great with grilled chicken or shrimp over top.  I think this is best served at room temperature.  It will save great for several days in the fridge.
Enjoy!

{ROASTED VEGETABLE ISRAELI COUSCOUS}
- 1 Box Israeli Couscous
- 1 Zucchini Sliced
- 1 Squash Sliced
- 2 Green Onions Sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/2 Pint Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup Sun dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta (one 4oz package)
- Olive Oil
- Juice from one Lemon

Cook Couscous according to package and set aside.  Roast Zucchini and Squash at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes til tender.  I drizzle the zucchini and squash with olive oil and salt and pepper before roasting.   Toss Couscous with roasted zucchini/ squash and next three ingredients.  Meanwhile mix together 1/4 cup olive oil and juice of one lemon. Season with Salt and Pepper.  Toss mixture over Couscous (you may not need the whole mixture).  Toss in feta last.  Great served at room temperature.


17 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Please come and cook for me. Please! This looks divine!

Julia Ryan said...

YUMMM!!!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

I love a good couscous recipe! Thanks for sharing! I'm pinning it!

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

YUM, YUM! This looks fantastic and will be added into the rotation!
xo,
ann e
annelliott.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

That picture makes me want to jump through the computer screen! It looks so fresh and light. Love it!

17 Perth said...

Honestly, never been able to really "like" couscous....but THIS I will definitely try. Love the veggies in it and perfect to take to work if served at room temperature!

Chimmy said...

i love couscous! looks delish!

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

Love this kind of salad as a lunch leftover. I did almost the same one all of last summer with farro as the grain. So yummy.

Katie said...

This sounds delish! I would so throw in a handful of chopped kalamata olives too-- weakness! Great idea for lunch leftovers.

Brooke said...

This looks yum! I do quinoa with roasted veggies quite a bit for lunch, but need to switch it up! I'll try this next time! xo
Brooke
www.decorgreat.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This looks so tasty! Thanks for sharing, i'm going to print off the recipe and make it this weekend!

Alicia xoxxo said...

This looks so good! My mouth is watering!

Eloquently Emily said...

This looks absolutely amazing! I have never tried couscous but think this would be the perfect recipe to start with- not too crazy with too many ingredients but looks so tasy!

The Southland Life said...

this looks freaking delicious!

josie renee said...

That looks delish!

The George Family said...

made it, and yum!

Val said...

Can you share a bowl for lunch?