Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Baked Chicken Chimichangas



This recipe came highly recommended to me from my friend Erin and I always trust her food judgement.  I whipped this together in like 10 minutes.  Buy a rotisserie chicken it saves time.  I assembled everything at naptime at then just baked at dinner.  These really get crispy like a true chimichangas but they are baked so way less fat than the fried kind.   They were totally delish.
Oh and that is not ketchup on top it is Victorias Hot Sauce, good stuff.
Enjoy!

 :: B A K E D  C H I C K E N  C H I M I C H A N G A S ::
 8oz pkg. cream cheese
8oz. Pepperjack cheese, shredded
1 1/2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
8 flour tortillas
cooking spray
shredded cheddar cheese
green onions, for garnish
sour cream
salsa

Stir together cream cheese, Pepperjack cheese and taco seasoning.
Fold in chicken.
Divide among flour tortillas.
Tuck in sides, and roll up each tortilla.
Lay seam side down in a sprayed 9x13" baking dish.
Spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Turn chimi's over, and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Serve with cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, and salsa. 
Recipe via Menu Managed Blog

18 comments:

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Serious yumminess! I'm in love with anything Mexican. Thanks for the recipe!!

Julia Ryan said...

yummmmmmmm

Sadie + Stella said...

Love me some Mexicana! This looks fab.

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

Looks tasty! Gonna pin it! I'm pretty sure I have some Mexican blood in me somewhere down the line. Just can't get enough!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I want to eat that.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Holy cow does that look and sound good!

Becca said...

OMG yum! I'm so making this soon!

Chelsea said...

Yummo.
You always post the best recipes. My husband thanks you ;)

viv said...

This looks beyond good!

Kimberly said...

Looks delicious! Thank you so much for posting this....I may have to make it tonight for dinner =)

Andrea said...

YUM!!! I will definitely be making this soon! Thanks for sharing!

Natalie said...

Thanks for the recipe! Sounds amazing.

Alexa said...

Oh my gosh. My mouth is seriously watering!

Nat said...

Wow these sound amazing!!

17 Perth said...

Pinning for sure..I am sure it will work with corn tortillas don't you think? My husband doesn't eat gluten.
Anything spanish inspired with cilantro, tortillas or hot sauce...we are pretty much in! Ha.

Angie said...

Natalie- thank you for this recipe! I made it last night, and it was delish! Even my picky husband and even pickier 2 year old loved it. And so easy, too!

Angie said...

Natalie- thank you for this recipe! I made it last night, and it was delish! Even my picky husband and even pickier 2 year old loved it. And so easy, too!

Julie said...

Made these for dinner tonight and looked them. So easy, which is great since I have a one month old!