Monday, April 29, 2013

Thoughts For Monday + Winner

First of all, thank you all for the incredible response to my post on Friday.  I appreciate every single one of your responses and personal emails,  especially all the encouragement and tips!  I promise to share what works for us.
Before my official budget starts I treated myself to some polarized RayBans with some birthday money I had been saving.  Matt had been telling me forever I needed to invest in a good pair of sunglasses, one of the few things he will spend money on and I am cheap about.  In the past I just bought cheap ones and they offered no sun coverage.  These made a world of difference.  Love them! 


I am thrilled my girl Gwennie was voted Most Beautiful Person.  Haters Gonna Hate.  She rocks.  Erin wrote a great post about all the stupid hatred HERE.  I really enjoyed the article on her and the photos were gorgeous. She has such an amazing body.


After watching its a Brad Brad World last night, that I had saved on Dvr I am obsessed with Stacy Keibler.  Her body is amazing and she seems to have such a fun personality.  Watch out Gwennie, new girl crush.


Ever since seeing this house featured on One Kings Lane, I am convinced I need a mini tulip table for Sterling.  I already have the kids lucite ghost chairs.  Any ideas where I could find a mini tulip table?



Saturday I decided to hit up Lowes and try and spruce up our backyard patio.  I planted tons of herbs, peppers, and some flowers.  I really have a black thumb but I am trying to learn to be more green!  I was pretty impressed with my results.  Here is to hoping they don't die in two weeks!


Friday was school picture day at Sterling's school.  I totally had to bribe him to wear this outfit but how adorable does he look?  So grown up.  24 hours later he got the stomach bug.  Needless to say we did not have a fun weekend.


This is how much of our weekend was spent.  I hate seeing my poor guy sick, but I love how cuddly he is while sick.


Finally the Winner of the Rodan + Fields Night Renewing Serum is Ruthie!  Please shoot me an email with your mailing address and we will get the serum headed your way!!  Congrats!

Happy Monday!

18 comments:

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

Excited for you Natalie! Love those sunglasses and your flowers. Hope Sterling feels better. xo

Sadie + Stella said...

Love your weekend. You look adorbs in your sunnies. I agree about investing in them. So worth it in the end. Hope Sterling gets better soon!!

Courtney said...

Hi Natalie! Where did you find the Lucite chairs for Sterling? Love the tulip table too - need that for my breakfast room!

Katie said...

Your planters are beautiful! I just re-did mine for spring, but this makes me think I need to spruce mine up a little more. My mother-in law always tells me they should be "overflowing" with plants yet I never do that.

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

Gwyneth filmed here in Wilmington for Iron Man 3, and she was the nicest person to everyone here! I don't hate her like others do... (Anne Hathaway is a different story). Sunglasses look fab! Get well soon, Sterling!

Kyle said...

Love the sunglasses! The house you posted belongs to my friend, Lauren Weisbarth! Her sister is co-founder and owner of OKL. She has amazing taste and her kids are so cute. They are the same ages as Hadley and James! Hope Sterling is on the mend.

Nat said...

Love those sunglasses- Raybans are the best- they last forever. Sterling looks so adorable- he is getting so grown up!

17 Perth said...

Oh no! Stomach bugs are the worst! Hope he is feeling better. Love your new sunglasses!!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Polarized ray-bans are the best, have had mine for 5 years, and I wear them everyday!
PS: I need to read your friday post, as soon as I get some quiet time ;)

Meredith said...

Excellent investment on the sunnies! I have them and love them!! Hope Sterling is back to feeling 100%!

Liz said...

Love the shades! Where did you get the kids lucite chairs?! I need some. I'm also looking for a mini tulip table so let us know if you track one down!

lizziefitz said...

Found the table here. Ships word wide
http://www.replicafurniture.com.au/replica-children-s-eero-saarinen-tulip-table.html

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I got a tulip table that is a side table on Overstock a couple of years ago. It could be the right size. I would search tulip accent tables.

Unknown said...

Those Ray Bans are my favorite pair, I never take mine off! I adore your planters, I planted the same coleas!! I love the mix of colors!

And here is a link to a small tulip table, it looks like they just used a side table in the picture you posted!

http://bit.ly/ZMks9C

Christie said...

Natalie, they have the tulip tables in white, silver & blue at TJ Maxx West Ashley right now... I think they were around 45.00.

Natasha said...

i'm with you on the gwyneth love...she works hard to look like that, and she should be proud of herself!!!
i think she is a great role model and i agree,haters are ALWAYS going to hate! well said

Unknown said...

I got my tulip table on ebay but the hubby was too tough on it when he was tighting it on this last move and the marble broke. But other than that it was a great table and I would buy it all over again.

Val said...

I want to be Stacy Keibler when I grow up!