Monday, April 22, 2013

Dressing For Weddings (Or any Special Occassion)

In keeping with reader post requests,  I got several requests for Wedding attire. I know Summer time means Wedding time. Everyone loves to get married in the Summer and why not the weather is usually amazing As far as wedding dresses go this is something I like to splurge on because I know I will get plenty of wear out of the dress. There is usually always something I need a fun dress for in addition to Weddings and Rehearsal Dinners - holiday parties, graduation events, baptisms, New Years Eve, the list goes on.  I feel like a nice dress you feel comfortable in is something to splurge on. Case and point my Milly Hostess Sari Dress. I paid a pretty penny for this dress but I wear it all the time and I always feel good in it.   
Below I rounded up my favorite picks for Summer Wedding Attire, all are fabulous choices for any event.



Summa Wedding Time


ONE BY CONTRARIAN BABS BIBB DRESS | RACHEL ZOE PLEATED MAXIPARKER MAXI DRESS | TIBI SHIFT DRESS | RORY BECCA GEMMA T-BACK MAXIREBECCA TAYLOR AURORA DRESS | PARKER VERA DRESS |  TIBI KALEIDOSCOPE DRESS | DVF BEONICA DRESS | DVF REAGAN DRESS


And a few ideas for shoes and accessories. If I am wearing a Maxi Dress alot of times I prefer to wear flats. No one can really see your shoes and that way you are comfortable and can dance all night. I included two of my all time favorite flats. With short dresses I always prefer heels.  As far as jewelry goes I like small earrings (I have wanted the House of Harlow ones forever) and I always love a statement necklace!  Most of these accessories are things you could buy and use often not just for Weddings.


18 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

Om, impossible to pick a fave. Such great picks on here friend. And I stinkin love that dress on you!

Sadie + Stella said...

You look so major in that Milly number. Like a million bucks.

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

So pretty! I love maxi dresses in summertime.
Isn’t That Charming.

caycee said...

I blush a little everytime I see you in that dress, most beautiful girl ever!! And thanks pretty sure I need those TB heels now!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I wore that Tibi dress this weekend, absolutely adore it!

Nat said...

Love all your picks! I love to wear maxis to summer weddings

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

New follower here. :) Great picks!! But just an FYI: those Tory Burch Amalie sandals KILL!!

www.XoLindsay.blogspot.com

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Beautiful choices here. Love a comfy dress to feel pretty in :)

megan said...

That Milly dress is one of my faves that you have! So beautiful.

Chelsea said...

Love your picks! And that Milly dress --- gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I am dress obsessed and about to have a maj blog sale to clean some out before my husband goes all bananas on me! That green Milly dress is one of my favorites, love this round up!!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Great post! Love that dress! You are tall so you can get away with wearing flats. I have to wear heels not matter what!

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous! I'm still too chicken to wear a maxi dress because I feel like I look even shorter (and stumpier) than usual when I try them on. I like your dress picks though. And I totally agree that it's worth it to splurge on a dress you can wear for a lot of events.

natasha {schue love} said...

So many great picks here!! I've got a couple weddings coming up this summer, so this is super helpful! ;)

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

Ahh... wish I had your Milly dress for one of the many weddings I'm going to this summer!

Love that Tibi shift.

Unknown said...

love these options! they are really perfect!

Val said...

You look utterly stunning in that dress!!!

(Eileen) a creative day said...

I was at market when this posted so I couldn't comment then but I just had to say how much I loved it, esp all the maxis! Your milly looks incredible on you :-)
xoxo