Thursday, December 12, 2013

Currently Living in Sweaters + Leggings

Dressing post baby is hard. You are not pregnant anymore so you don't have to deal with a huge belly but things just ain't the same. I can barely fit in my "fat" jeans- major muffin top over the top- so not pretty.   So I have been living in leggings.   My typical daily outfit is leggings and a cute sweater with ballet flats or my Rag and Bone Booties if I want to dress up a bit.   We had a baby shower for my friend Sarah yesterday and this is what I wore. 

I have already the praised the Spanx leggings enough so I am sure you get it- I love them.  Instead of nursing bras I have been loving the Bravado nursing tanks, I wear them under everything.  I feel like the tanks suck you in as well so you don't see flab.  Plus they make nursing easy.   My mom recently went to Chicago and found me the dark brown Rag and Bone Newbury Booties at the Nordstrom Outlet.  They are My absolute favorite, they go with everything!  I stopped in Forever 21 this week and picked up a few cheap sweaters for this after baby in between stage including the one I am wearing.  This outfit has been on repeat around here.
Links below.


Also love this pic of Charlize Theron for inspiration.  Leggings and sweaters can be a chic look!


A few awesome sweater deals from the Shopbop sale.

I also snagged this super cute zippered sweater from F21.  It looks way more expensive in person!


These Club Monaco leggings are also part of the Shopbop sale, I have heard great things about them.
They would be great with any of the sweaters!


Any other great sweaters or leggings I need?  I will probably be living in this ensemble for the next 3 months!
xoxo

17 comments:

Nickie said...

You look so good post baby. I think you have set up a good "post baby uniform" for yourself that is stylish.
Wear the hell out of it!! :)

Ellen Ross | Ask Away Blog said...

Ah sweaters and leggings are the best! :)
Xo,
Ellen
www.askawayblog.com

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

You look amazing! The sweater from my post today is a really cute one from forever 21 that has been on repeat this season. Your mom found those booties at the outlet??? I need to get there ASAP I love the lighter beige color I have but those dark brown are great for the winter.
Meet @ the Barre

tpatters5 said...

If I wasn't a long time reader, I would not believe that you just had a baby! Super cute zipper sweater you snagged

Vett Vandiver said...

this is my favorite go-to look!

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous post baby, but I agree it's insanely hard to dress after you've had a baby. I remember fitting into some pants but not my dresses (my boobs couldn't fit in anything). I found nursing tanks to be the only thing that made me feel normal again. Gah and I dream of leggings (post baby or not). You should be proud of how amazing you look! Xo, http://www.georgiapeachmommy.blogspot.com

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

OK seriously, could you look even better? No one would ever believe you that you just had a baby! Seriously. Leggings and loose sweaters was my third trimester and first weeks post pregnancy uniform too ;)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

You look amazing!! I love leggings and long sweaters and I'm not even post baby. GAP has a really cute tunic sweater right now that I just ordered. You should look online. :-)

Unknown said...

This is my go to for winter dressing in general...a slouchy sweater or shawl/coatigan and some jeans or leggings. It's just so comfortable and you still look put together! You look amazing!!

Laura said...

Such a great uniform :)
F21 is such a madhouse but that sweater may be worth it!
I am having a fun little giveaway over on my blog that I think your "wine loving lady" self would appreciate ;)
http://hominygirl.blogspot.com/2013/12/a-happy-holidaysgood-mood-giveaway.html
Happy Holidays!

Happily Ever Parker said...

You look fantastic!! Totally going to be on the hunt for the R&B booties at the rack!

Amy said...

Girl you look amazing!

Keely said...

YOU look great! You and me both are rockin the leggings and sweaters! SO hard to find one that covers my bottom so it looks more apporprate to leave the house! Thanks for the suggestion, going to F21 tomorrow. Looked at Target and they didnt have much...

Christina said...

I just got leggings like those by J Simpson at TJ Maxx. Woop! Can't wait to wear them. BTW YOU LOOK AMAZING!

Blair M. said...

You look AMAZING! That outfit is such a great go-to, too.

Julia Ryan said...

My baby will be two in two weeks and I still rock the leggings. Leggings for life!!!

Unknown said...

My typical daily outfit is leggings and a cute sweater with ballet flats or ... asweaterleggings.blogspot.com